Best Laptops to buy

131 Posts  ·  59 Users
About this group
Hey, Many of us are planning to buy a new lappy to carry to the B.School. So,I'm creating this thread to discuss about the best laptops available in the market at present... We may include various details according to prices 1)High ...
Page 1 of 14

There is an existing thread for Laptop kindly continue there http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/buying-a-laptop-25002900

JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Just wanted an opinion on the Sony Vaio E series VPCEG35EN model.....
i3 processor,2 gb ram, 320 gb HD....

I Just bought sony I core 3 in 800$ hee haaaa

hey i wanted to ask that is dere any issue if a buy a laptop frm us n one of my relative is cuming shall get it here....
is dere any issue that can cm into picture?

kshitijsharma Says
Sorry, wouldnt quite agree to that. If you're going in for pre-fab options, yes to an extent vaio gives good prices and decent options in India, but nothing compares to the customization of Dell if you know what you're looking for and what to get and what not to get....you may still end up with a system better than a vaio for a lesser price....

completely agreed
john203 Says
east or west vaio is the best.

Sorry, wouldnt quite agree to that. If you're going in for pre-fab options, yes to an extent vaio gives good prices and decent options in India, but nothing compares to the customization of Dell if you know what you're looking for and what to get and what not to get....you may still end up with a system better than a vaio for a lesser price....
Kshitij Sharma | SIBM Bangalore | Finance | Batch of 2010 - 2012

east or west vaio is the best.

Hi guys ...

i have been researching on which laptop to buy for the last 5-6 days .. have zeroed on Vaio and Dell .

Dell i-studio 15 , customized - costs around 55K
Vaio - VGN-CS35GN : VAIO CS : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Please have a look at the vaio one and give feedback. Anything you suggest , or any other vaio/HP/Dell model u think is better .

Thanks
Aayush

The Vaio one that you've mentioned is pretty good. A few of my friends have it here in college, and I've used it myself. It looks super sexy! But apart from the looks, the Dell Studio (customized) is a lot better option, on a couple of points:

1. The performance. Trust me, there is QUITE a bit of difference! I've compared both laptops side by side.
2. You'll be getting a lot more in the same price.
3. The screen is also much larger and better than the Vaio one. High-Definition movies, coupled with the Creative EP-630 absolute-noise-isolating earphones Dell gives in for free with the Studio are simply blissful!

Not to mention the disk speed (7200 RPM) which makes the world of a difference, more RAM, 9-Cell battery backup, which leaves everyone running for the power-outlet and me sitting comfortably running it on battery for hours.

I have the customized studio 1555 myself, so telling you from experience. As far as looks go, I personally chose the black Dell studio and not even the one with those sexy skins either, coz it looks MUCH more professional. So as good looking the Vaio might be, I personally don't like Laptops which have too much shine on them. Totally unprofessional!

Take your pick! Don't stay confused for long...both are really good options! :)

Cheers!

Hi guys ...

i have been researching on which laptop to buy for the last 5-6 days .. have zeroed on Vaio and Dell .

Dell i-studio 15 , customized - costs around 55K
Vaio - VGN-CS35GN : VAIO CS : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Please have a look at the vaio one and give feedback. Anything you suggest , or any other vaio/HP/Dell model u think is better .

Thanks
Aayush

knightrider1 Says
Vista home basic ya phir Vista home premium????

vista home premium ...........