Bennett University's International Advisory Council (IAC) is to hold its inaugural meeting in Mumbai on 15 January. With its vision to create a world-class institution of learning & discovery in India, Bennett University has constituted the IAC, comprising leading global educationists and industry leaders, who will strive to advance Bennett's academic and research excellence. They will be responsible for strengthening relationships with partners, shaping and guiding new research agendas, envisioning new educational initiatives, developing fellowships and creating sustainable funding models, apart from mentoring Bennett University leadership.
Venue: State Room III, St Regis Hotel, Phoenix Mall Complex, Lower Parel, Mumbai
The IAC attendees will be:
- Dr. Wiliam Boulding, Dean, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
- Dr. S P Kothari, Deputy Dean, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. Jagdish Sheth, Professor of Marketing, Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- Ashok Vemuri, Board Member, CapGemini, Ex-CEO, iGate
- Dr. Anant Agrawal, CEO edX and Professor, Electrical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr Deepak Khazanchi, Associate Dean/Professor of Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis at University of Nebraska at Omaha will join as a special invitee
Attending the council on behalf of Times Group / Bennett University will be Mr. Vineet Jain, Chancellor Designate, Bennett University, Dr Yaj Medury, V-C Designate, Bennett University and Mr. Shrijeet Mishra, CEO Education, Times Group.
The members of the IAC will share their perspectives on their association with Bennett University, their thoughts on the trends in international higher education, and how they see a role for Indian universities / Bennett besides the need for a comprehensive education curriculum keeping in mind the changing job market, and how they see Bennett University delivering on this.