Becoming a successful Business Analyst (BA)

30 Posts  ·  53 Users
About this group
Thanks MKJ for this piece on BA. Would request you to throw some light on soft skills required for a successful BA. Similarly, please suggest how can someone groom and prepare self to be a good BA. Also what are various domains available for a BA;...
Page 1 of 3

nice explanation on business analyst. others can learn on business analyst course by following the link https://onlineitguru.com/ba-online-training-placement.html

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi everyone, i need some help.2+ years experience in oss domain. working as oss engineer. want to shift in analyst position in IT domain. pls suggest a good course in delhi thanks in advance

Sameer Gupta
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys want some help....3.8 years exp in it industry ..working as a ios developer...want to shift in analyst position...please tell me if any good course is there in bangalore to switch my job position..want to be in banking domain..thanks in advance....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Friends, Myself Manav, working as a Business Analyst in CSC with 3 Years of Experience.

I have done B. Tech in Computer Science and I am average in studies but hard-working with good communication and leadership skills.I am an avid traveller and a professional photographer.

I want your advice / suggestion on my (MBA) career path and growth as per my ability and interest.

I have more interest in a job which can offer me opportunity to :

1.Use creativity , design thinking abilities to deal with real life scenarios.

2.Lesser documentation work (Reading and solution of BRDs and docs) Lesser Desk job with more outdoors and Travel.

3.Chance to interact and deal with people with managing a team and process with a responsibility.

I want to do Full Time MBA (more preferably in Marketing or Supply Chain Management).

So can you please advise me some good specializations in MBA that would be best for me as per my:

1.Academics

2.Work Experience

3.and my Interest.

I would be really grateful for the authentic answers and suggestions. Thanks and Regards.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am doing this course too, and being in the middle of it I can say that post has really helped me a lot.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Career in Business analysis is a right choice who have ability to plan strategy and to find solution of problems facing by any organization. You can help your company to find the requirement for smooth business. Each organization need business analyst to run their work fluently. For details you can visit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello, I am currently studying BBI (bachelors of commerce in banking and insurance) and I wish to become a Business Analyst and I do not know how to get there. So, I seek your guidance as to what i shall do to become a successful business analyst. You can contact me on palakmadan95@gmail.com.

I could really use your advice for this particular topic.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Playa Says
Sir, the poster was asking about Business Analyst in IT, and as far as my knowledge goes, it has nothing to do with Analytics. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The task of an Analyst is to make use of the available data to aid decision making. Thus, analysts are deployed in functions as varied as process improvement to product development to promotion planning. Analytics is enabled by but not limited to IT - that is the point I wanted to convey.

Playa, you are right about the role of an Analyst in the IT parlance. I wanted Harshal to explore the other opportunities that could be available.
Harish Dalwaipattan - Brand Manager, Praxis Business School
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi I am currently pursuing MBA from one of the top 15 MBA colleges in India.
I have 3 yrs prior experience in IT industry as test engineer.
I have planned for a shift towards business analyst role after my MBA.

Kindly suggest what are the good companies offering good profiles and what is the salary and growth I can expect in this role in India.

What makes me wonder is that you want to become a BA in an IT company after MBA from one of the top 15 institutes in India! You could have continued working with your employer, not do MBA at all, and still become BA. Anyway, that's just me.

I have not worked as a BA but I have seen BAs work. This is what they do:

1. They take part in pre-bid meets with the client to understand the scope of work and clarify doubts with RFP at hand.
2. Give inputs in developing the proposal.
3. Once the deal is grabbed by their company, they get the work done from the developers/testers as per the functional requirements in RFP, submit proper SRS documents with Use Cases.
4. Bid a happy goodbye to the client hoping the things do not blast all of a sudden anytime till the contract ends

Kindly suggest what are the good companies offering good profiles and what is the salary and growth I can expect in this role in India

You can expect salary of 8-9 lakh if you're getting hired from your MBA campus.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Dear Harshal,

Business Analytics runs as a layer across most large organizations. India is rapidly emerging as a hub for Analytics.

To name a few firms, you have companies such as PwC, Deloitte, Genpact, Hp Analytics, IBM who offer analytics services to other organizations. All telecom companies (Vodafone, Airtel), BFSI firms ( ICICI Bank, HSBC, Kotak, Fidelity), retail majors (Bharti Walmart, Target) have in house divisions typically named as Business Intelligence Units.

For more updates on the domain, you may visit Analytics India Homepage This is a forum of analytics professionals of India.

Sir, the poster was asking about Business Analyst in IT, and as far as my knowledge goes, it has nothing to do with Analytics. Please correct me if I am wrong.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...