Balmer Vows to Kill Google

22 Posts  ·  16 Users
About this group
"Probably due to the Microsoft suit against Google over human resources, some very heated exchanges have turned up in some court documents. Microsoft CEO Steve Balmer has apparently vowed to kill Internet search leader Google, according to documen...
Page 1 of 3

Before he does that he'll have to walk over my dead body
Cause google has given so much that even my dad( He bought me a 4 GB HDD)
Now due to google i've 1000s of GB of Web space
I love u google
DHiavat

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

And pray what might we make of this...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26059

??

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv

yeh they have done it before and theyll do it sure this time. I have no doubt about it. But please do it quick as i dont want to uninstalll large number of ever growing google applications that i have loaded in my system.
Please dont forget that they have, i mean the darling u love to hate, have experty in killing time with their reboots, killing your patience, etc...

pagalguy Says
OffTopic: Valuation and stuff dude..you need to be doing an MBA..considered one ? . For people who don't know much about our mod zango - He is the only non MBA interested mod !

hehehe.

it will come pg, sooner or later - an MBA is on the cards. Right now it doesn't fit with my profile - am more a techie than an aspiring manager.

MBA or no MBA - i am planning on taking CAT again this year anyhow 😉 - maybe CAT doesn't matter so much - but will take it - lets just say it is for fun
OffTopic: Valuation and stuff dude..you need to be doing an MBA..considered one ? . For people who don't know much about our mod zango - He is the only non MBA interested mod !

smalltalk? the last i checked smalltalk was an OO language. Never knew googletalk competed with smalltalk.

How many people does google employ (4183)? How many does M$ employ(57000)?
things going for google are that it is new - and always looking for good ideas. Once it grows to the size of MSFT, it will definitely have to slow down. the employee caliber/category will change. Even 25% of 56000 is much larger than 4183.
MSFT is a $300 billion company, GOOG is a $81 billion company.

Moreover, what tells you that the remaining workforce at M$ - which may not hold lofty degrees, is not worth its salt?

I do not like M$ policies. But they are the big shark in the pond. Any big company works like them. They do not innovate - they acquire. They buy out innovation and then make more money. That's their business model. check that with any big corporation.

Moreover, ballmer was making this statement inside his office - to his employee. you and i most probably would react in a similar manner to some scenarios. I am not saying what ballmer did was correct - but that wasn't a public statement which you can use to say that ballmer is an idiot (which he may be - i don't know ;))
Command like a king, work like a slave.
smalltalk? the last i checked smalltalk was an OO language. Never knew googletalk competed with smalltalk.
things going for google are that it is new - and always looking for good ideas. Once it grows to the size of MSFT, it will definitely have to slow down. the employee caliber/category will change. Even 25% of 56000 is much larger than 4183.

Moreover, what tells you that the remaining workforce at M$ - which may not hold lofty degrees, is not worth its salt?

I do not like M$ policies. But they are the big shark in the pond. Any big company works like them. They do not innovate - they acquire. They buy out innovation and then make more money. That's their business model. check that with any big corporation.

Moreover, ballmer was making this statement inside his office - to his employee. you and i most probably would react in a similar manner to some scenarios. I am not saying what ballmer did was correct - but that wasn't a public statement which you can use to say that ballmer is an idiot (which he may be - i don't know ;))

Thanks man,
There was a mistake on my part instead of Skype i typed Small talk which has no connection with messenger. Accordingly i have corrected the same
Hey Zango,

I think you should also put up a disclaimer on why you are defending MS workforce ;)

He he he he he he ..........

Arun

my post wasn't in defence of M$ as much as to deflate the hype people have created about google.

Moreover, ballmer was making this statement inside his office - to his employee. you and i most probably would react in a similar manner to some scenarios. I am not saying what ballmer did was correct - but that wasn't a public statement which you can use to say that ballmer is an idiot (which he may be - i don't know )

Hey Zango,

I think you should also put up a disclaimer on why you are defending MS workforce ;)

He he he he he he ..........

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

Also Microsoft has to sign in quality people and provide them the quality environment. According to statistics almost all the engineers working in Google are Computer Scientists(yes the one who design algorithms and analyse it thouroughly and not any cyber coolie) while only 25% of the technical force of Microsoft are Computer Scientists. That tells u the whole story

Google and M$ are in two entirely different space. The only overlap is in the desktop search, and yes now in google talk.

And yes wait for Google to come up with a call center for tech support

Arun

PS: I seem to be pro-MS but actually Im just being rational :whatthat:
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

Looks like an interesting battle ahead.

otoh - let M$ hire you - then google will start staring at you 😉