Baffled - Please suggest, all you GMAT conquerors/ISB alumnus/experienced by now

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Dear All, I have gone through this forum few days back, saw many test givers speaking vehemently about the support by other members of this forum and really owing their good scores to few of the threads. With the same expectation starting this t...
Page 1 of 1

u might wish to check these threads
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/31377-low-gmat-scores-find-help-6.html
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/33290-gmat-query-center-2008-09-a.html

The low GMAT scores thread have a collection of links where in the experts are answering too.. do check it out

cheers

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
a2b
@a2b  ·  0 karma
Dear All,
I have gone through this forum few days back, saw many test givers speaking vehemently about the support by other members of this forum and really owing their good scores to few of the threads. With the same expectation starting this thread.
DID TILL DATE -
I have been preparing since first week of June (almost 3 months) of course with hell lot of work pressure in office and family commitments. I have finished 3 books Princeton Review, O.G., Kaplan Premier Program and in that order (except few last questions of Data Sufficiency in O.G.). In all the 3 books did well in P.S. and Critical Reasoning, slightly better in Data Sufficiency and Reading Comprehension and very bad in Sentence Correction.
I am by and large aiming for ISB next batch. Earlier was planning to apply in first round by giving test mid-August but could not complete as planned nor was confident enough to go ahead as still few topics, tough questions, revision and lots of online test practice was pending.
DECISION TAKEN MID-AUGUST AND PLANNED FOR REM 2 MONTHS -
Now when I decided to apply in second round, was planning to wrap it quick, give GMAT by first week of Oct, keeping enough time in hand for application thought to complete the following -
1) Attempt First GMAT Prep software test
2) Do the tough/left questions
3) Again solve the questions, I have done wrong
4) Revise all the 3 books
5) In between refer High School Grammar book to understand the basic Sentence structure rules to do well in Sentence correction section (was very poor even solving in Books with lot of time in hand)
6) Atleast 2 online tests/week

MY PROBLEM -
In last 2 weeks I have attempted the GMAT Prep Test1 twice and both the times could not exceed 600 :huh:
Frankly speaking, I was thinking that I will score somewhere in the range of 620-650 and with the above 5 steps in remaining 2 months will try to score around 720 in order gain some confidence in the interview.
MY ERROR PERCENTAGE -
First Attempt -
P.S. - 21% (means 4 out 19 question attempted was wrong)
D.S. - 61%
S.C. - 69%
R.C. - 43 %
C.R. - 45%
Second Attempt -
P.S. - 21%
D.S. - 44% (even after revising this section in O.G just before the attempt, gain was not much)
S.C. - 69%
R.C. - 43%
C.R. -18%
WHAT I SEEK -
Neither I want nor can I step back after giving 3 months. Can anyone please tell where exactly is the mistake I am doing when I do well in books (except sentence correction, which also I start understanding and doing well after 40-50 odd questions in O.G.) but not in online test.
How can I utilize my next 2 months in the best manner to overcome my mistakes and score well? Anyone who can help me out please revert ASAP so that I can pep up my self and get back to my preparation as early as possible,
Thanks and eagerly waiting,
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.