B-School drop out rates and suicides!

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
Well my sincere apologies if this has already been discussed before. And also this might not be the correct section for this thread - But since, this section is about your B-School related stuff..... I wanted to know..... How many students/...
Page 1 of 1

Well my sincere apologies if this has already been discussed before. And also this might not be the correct section for this thread - But since, this section is about your B-School related stuff.....

I wanted to know.....
How many students/college mates do you know in your college - who have dropped out after the first year or sooner?
Reasons being....too much pressure and not being able to cope? or other reasons.....like financial crunches? The cliched 'heart break'? Or sometimes i've heard of students in their first year studying and gearing up to take another shot at cat...and then leaving their current college for a better 'branded' one? Especially in our country - the brand often does matter....especially while switching jobs.
Also if any of you has ever done so - i.e Study for cat while in your first year and then moving on to the greener avenues?
Well in such a case - what do the interviewers ask you in your PI? About your past acads? Or about 1st year MBA stuff? Reasons why you want to shift to their college? How can they be sure you wont leave them half way thro' for a still better college next year!?
Yes, it might sound weird - Because the annual fees often is near the 2L mark....but it can be covered up in a year or so if your in a college with better placements!

Any info. about any suicides having been committed in your campus? I'm sure mentioning them won't degrade the standards of your college - but will help us newbies and to-be-MBA-college-students gear up to the harsh competition and rat race which awaits us.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.