B-school aspirants - Make the Pagalguy portal take you to your choice bschool!

8 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hello all ! :: It's a week since we launched our spanking new *Pagalguy Bschool Portal.* Yayyyy!!!! :: Now this is your portal and we want you to own it... to the extent that you decide how it will help you crack the B-school of your...
Page 1 of 1
One class of users that has been somewhat ignored is the current B-Schoolers, we need content that:
  1. Helps them decide their Specialization - a major worry for all B-Schoolers.
  2. Gives them insights into the Selection Process - A company's selection procedure does not change drastically over the years, if we can build a knowledgebase of companies and their selection procedure it would be great for everone.
Point taken saar! Yes, we are in the process of getting company and HR perspectives on the site. However, I'd rather keep my lips sealed on this right now and ask you to wait and watch for a couple of weeks. :)
One outrageous idea, to be implemented if we have enough server space - Sharing of PPTs (uploaded by and for the B-Schoolers, indexed properly with keywords) and project reports etc.
Saar, you are asking us to help you do cheating? Will have to examine this but if it is what I think it is, I can't allow it, saary. :)
For the aspirants, it would be great if they had access to the cutoffs, selection process, weightages etc. for the B-Schools in a properly indexed format on the portal homepage...not everyone is comfortable with Advanced Search.
Another valid point. There has to be a way for the aspirant to find all info he needs about an institute at one place. Again, lips sealed, watch out. :)

Can we have weekly assignments just few case studies about the big companies or on the basics like Stock morket,Brand stories,Re-Engineering,TQM,Kaisen,etc.
just tell subjects in the morning and we will discuss about all in the night(10.00 pm). and students can study about these topics using google or any thing. what is imporatant here we can get the idea about what we will learn at BSchool in advance and that will help for GD/PI
Can't you do that on your own by opening a thread? We're asking for what we can do for you using our interface with B-schools, their Directors, faculty and coaching institutes etc themselves.

Keep em coming 😃
I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can we have weekly assignments just few case studies about the big companies or on the basics like Stock morket,Brand stories,Re-Engineering,TQM,Kaisen,etc.
just tell subjects in the morning and we will discuss about all in the night(10.00 pm).
and students can study about these topics using google or any thing.
what is imporatant here we can get the idea about what we will learn at BSchool in advance and that will help for GD/PI

keep rocking...........

One class of users that has been somewhat ignored is the current B-Schoolers, we need content that:

1. Helps them decide their Specialization - a major worry for all B-Schoolers.
  2. Gives them insights into the Selection Process - A company's selection procedure does not change drastically over the years, if we can build a knowledgebase of companies and their selection procedure it would be great for everone.
  3. One outrageous idea, to be implemented if we have enough server space - Sharing of PPTs (uploaded by and for the B-Schoolers, indexed properly with keywords) and project reports etc.
For the aspirants, it would be great if they had access to the cutoffs, selection process, weightages etc. for the B-Schools in a properly indexed format on the portal homepage...not everyone is comfortable with Advanced Search.

More later......

Cheers!!

Thanks for the appreciation guys.. I am trying to do my bit with the ONLINE GD, however it does lack the element of the actuality, as GDs are affected a lot by the physical state of presence and arguments. Hence, i propose that we can take this issue when PG meets are organised. PG junta can be divided in the areaa.. like delhi, mumbai, chennai, kolkatta, ahmedabad, b'lore, hyderabad, etc and few people can volunteer and manage the GD sessions.

Experienced folks, esp the B-schoolers can shell out some time, if possible, to act as moderators (Saket and Arun had given gr8 suggestions when i conducted online gd). This way the preparation can be far better!

kudos to guys.
here is what i wanna say.
1. Online GD (guarav is doing great job)
2. Monthly meeting of PG janta if possible for all Cities.
3. Guideline by Alumini of Pagalguy.com
4. Life and every thing about life at B-School and as a MBA (Articles or real exp.)
5.online Activites we in our college have a activity. it is selecting a product and making its adevertisement by posters.we can have such events which will show the creative side of students.
6.weely tests and treat for winners.(in the form of points)

these are few i will post few more soon.........

keep rocking
Hey Dr Cat,

Great suggestions! Online GD's a great idea and gaurav's pulling it off really well. PG junta's already meeting every week on Sundays at a few cities for community service since 2 years. Maybe that occasion can be used for CAT cracking purposes too .

Yes, now alumni angle is something we can incorporate, through alumni columns and interviews.
online events... we already have one running! check out http://www.pagalguy.com/gopagal where you can win free air tickets :). and we promise you loads of free tests once we work out the modalities.
But great suggestions there man!

When I was a n00bie I was very lost with the threads and stuff so maybe we can use a feature whereby navigating the threads can be made easy. Probably have a link for n00bies, something like "Navigatin PG made easy" where we can have all the links for the threads.
Hey candy, I agreee. pagalguy has several thousands of valuable CAT threads. One can't possibly put them at one place because that will confuse newbies even more. But but but... we can have a nice tutorial or walkthrough for newbies where they are told about each section and where to find the right threads in an easy manner. 😃 We'll get on it right away!

Keep coming with more suggestions for our portal http://www.pagalguy.com/. What is it about B-schools you guys would like to know but find it diffcult to know? Do tell us 😃

hi apurv..

PG is a wonderful website and the new look is awesome!!!

When I was a n00bie I was very lost with the threads and stuff so maybe we can use a feature whereby navigating the threads can be made easy. Probably have a link for n00bies, something like "Navigatin PG made easy" where we can have all the links for the threads.

kudos to guys.
here is what i wanna say.
1. Online GD (guarav is doing great job)
2. Monthly meeting of PG janta if possible for all Cities.
3. Guideline by Alumini of Pagalguy.com
4. Life and every thing about life at B-School and as a MBA (Articles or real exp.)
5.online Activites we in our college have a activity. it is selecting a product and making its adevertisement by posters.we can have such events which will show the creative side of students.
6.weely tests and treat for winners.(in the form of points)

these are few i will post few more soon.........

keep rocking

Hello all !

It's a week since we launched our spanking new Pagalguy Bschool Portal. Yayyyy!!!!

Now this is your portal and we want you to own it... to the extent that you decide how it will help you crack the B-school of your choice!

Now this is how we are planning content until now:

1. For CAT/entrance exams - Frequent articles on strategies, tricks and tips which would be supplemented by free mocks and tests come July-August. If all goes well, you may even be able to download free videos and podcasts helpful for cracking them entrances. Then again, there's the Quant-question-a-day and very soon an RC-a-couple-of-days, DI-a-week etc etc.

2. GD-PI - Again, articles by experts, well-researched articles on current issues, so that you are aware of all relevant data and angles during that tough GD topic.

3. Selecting the right B-school - Interviews of Directors/Deans, 'B-school of the Month' section, articles by current students and alumni, industry perspectives, free downloadable B-school videos. There's the updates on B-school events etc.

4. GMAT & International MBA - soon to be launched in a big way.

Most of us are going to be in situations when we receive final admits to two or more B-schools and we are in a fix about which one to take up. That's when our Exclusive Bschool Content section will truly come to your rescue.

But this is not all!

To help us help you, you have to give us suggestions, story ideas, content ideas which you believe will help you smack your cherised MBA dream into submission. This thread is for writing your suggestions on improving the Pagalguy portal and we are here to listen to you. :)

So feel free to reply here with your ideas and we'll try to implement them for you!