Averages, Percentages, Profit Loss and Interest

519 Posts  ·  6,198 Users
About this group
Nbangalorekar bought a 10 kg of water-melon in Bangalore that had 99% water. After the water-melon was left outdoors for a day, it was 95% water. What was the weight of the dehydrated water-melon? *(1) 9.6 kg (2) 9.5 kg (3) 2 kg (4) can...
Page 1 of 52

HELP WITH GD-PI PREPARATION! 

Hello B-School aspirants,

With just a few days left for CAT’20, we know that you are working really hard to ace the exam. But the real struggle starts after the exam i.e. with the GD-PI Preparation. 

Cracking GDs requires an equal amount of effort as your entrance exam. So, in case you've not been in touch with the latest happenings and business news are you, The Outlook Group has got you covered!

The Outlook Group is one of India's leading publishing house, and offers a variety of insightful, compelling, in-depth articles which deliver a fresh perspective, with a holistic approach.

The magazine comes with a subscription-based model. Please click on the link below to see our prices, exciting offers, and cash discounts. 

Link: https://subscription.outlookindia.com/newoffer/kj.html?vouchercode=MUMB111658

Below is are the mainstay titles offered by Outlook. 

· Outlook Weekly: Vibrant current affairs, trends and news magazine every week

· Outlook Business: Recent and in-depth business news and trends

· Outlook Money: India’s No.1 personal finance magazine, gives in-depth analysis and sound advice on all facets of investing well, borrowing wisely and spending smartly

· Outlook Hindi: Current affairs and news magazine in Hindi

Following are the steps to subscribe:

1. Select your preferred subscription plan

2. Fill address with other details

3. Proceed to the payment page

Good Luck!

Priyanka Mantri 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anybody help me solve this question, I guess my answer is incorrect?

Post 80330015507252
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Skybreaker
@Skybreaker  ·  7 karma

If your answer is 20%, then it is correct.

If 40% of female employees are NOT managers, it mathematically implies that 60% of female employees are managers. So we have, say, x male employees and y female employees. x/10 are male managers, 6y/10 are female managers. And total number of managers is 3(x+y)/10. So we have x/10 + 6y/10 = 3(x+y)/10 Which gives us x/y = 3/2 So if we have 30 male employees, we have 20 female employees. And we have 15 managers in total : 3 male managers and 12 female managers. So 20% of the managers are male. PS: I have assumed here that there are only two genders.
Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Skybreaker
@Skybreaker  ·  7 karma

If 40% of female employees are NOT managers, then 60% of them ARE managers. That is the crux of the question, in my opinion.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys is this group still active?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A special kind of wine requires to be kept for 4 years in a special chamber as as to acquire the required taste.The cost of manufacturing one bottle is 250 and inventory cost for each bottle is rs 4 per year.The company makes 6000 bottles and keeps them in special chambers, but every year 2% of the bottles break.After 4 years at what price should they sell remaining bottles to make a profit of 10%

7 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

2kg

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A dishonest milkman adds 20% water to the existing quantity of milk and sells it at the same price at which he buys it.After selling a few liters he is caught and made to pay 200. He realizes that he has suffered a loss of 100 because of it.How many liters did he sell if he bought pure milk at 10/lt ?

1 comment
akshay031997
@akshay031997  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

into two smaller empty tanks B and C. The volume of All the water in a big tank A is emptied water in C is 33/ % of that in A. If 300 litres of water, which had gone into B had instead gone into C. Bwould have 50% more water than C. hat was the volume of water in A? (in litres)

1 comment
vishiac
@vishiac  ·  5,092 karma

(1/3 - 2/5) = 1/15.... so 15*300=4500

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This Diwali enhance your chances of cracking CAT with 2iim full course and time test series! Ping me and get them at unbeatable price!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Willing to share my TIME portal at a very nominal rate. If interested, do ping!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Solve pls 11 no ...comment trick or step

Post 6665998921367552
5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
mrp2403
@mrp2403  ·  21 karma

30days

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Bibinb