attempt CAT in 2nd yr?

9 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Ive just completed my 2nd yr b-tech engg. I was wondering whether it would be advisable for me to attempt for CAT 2004 or not. I presume this would give me a fair idea as to where I stand as of now and plan my prep in the future accordingly. but t...
Page 1 of 1

Hey dude,
i gave my cat in my 3rd year too and managed a decent percentile (94). But one word of caution here, many students(my juniors) in my college attempted the same, most of their applications got rejected cos in the blocks where they were supposed to mention which year they wud be graduating in, they gave the actual year of graduation which is 2 years away. So u gotta put in some false information in the application if u wanna make sure ur application doesnt get rejected. All the best,
Regards,
Garuda

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

i think u should give cat this yr.
i am in final yr and this will be my 1st time and i regret not giving the exam cause it would have given me a peek at the real pressure and order of difficulty.
btw, as said about disappointment, my opinion is that u should not prepare fr that exam at all. give it as a sort of new experience and an adventure and expect nothing.u won't be disappointed. start reading a lot of everything except cat preparation material .leave that fr nxt yr. varna bor ho jaoge .

Oww! You say u completed ur 2nd Year. So you'd be taking a shot while u r in ur 3rd year. Lotsa ppl in college do that to get the feel of the exam. A very good Idea I say 😃

Thanx for those suggestions frnds. Taught me 2 build my basics first before jumping into the race. I'm still hooked up with attempting this time though, can't hold myself u c. but I'll surely not expect much out of it for good.

but make sure u'r acads donot take a beating

I'll take a note of that.

Im seriously against prepping for more than 2 yrs. I prepared for close to 4 months, and trust me, I had a real hard time taking those last mock tests I was real bored up.

Bored in 4 mths? :shock: :shock: Then I'm sure to get shit bored in 2 yrs.

Boy, thats some planning. I didnt know abt CAT during my second year. ;-)

But I'd just ask you to read a lot, i mean a LOT, mug up those vocab lists, maybe some math basics - like squres, cubes, reciprocals etc. This would ensure that you have a strong base to start.

Im seriously against prepping for more than 2 yrs. I prepared for close to 4 months, and trust me, I had a real hard time taking those last mock tests I was real bored up.

Anyway, ATB! 😃

well might be a good idea, especially gives u a feel of the real thing. But can lead to some peculiar situations. One of my batchmates gave CAT in 3rd yr, got calls frm ABCL gave it this time around ... no calls ....... 95 %ile ................ highly dissapointed ........

Mihir

hi cattie,
seems u have my genes.. I was like u till my third year as well...but seriously speaking its not worth yaar...
This just aint the time...and things must be done when they they are supposed to be. so just chill out man..work on ur reading and try to develpo a sharp mind.
chal all they best in ur endeauvers....
take care
Hurricane

Cattie,
whether to take CAT 2004 or not all depends on u'r mindset. if, by chance, u were not able to do it well this time, there r chances that u get demoralised, but there r also chances of u taking CAT more seriously the next time. decide upon what kind of mind set u have .... 😐
but i think u can start serious preparation now itself, if u can manage u'r acads..
but make sure u'r acads donot take a beating... :!:
ALL THE BEST

Ive just completed my 2nd yr b-tech engg. I was wondering whether it would be advisable for me to attempt for CAT 2004 or not. I presume this would give me a fair idea as to where I stand as of now and plan my prep in the future accordingly. but the flip side is I haven't had the slightest of the prep needed so a bad score could lower the morale. could someone throw some light into the matter plz.