at 27 too late to do an mba?

12 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
i have been struggling...for 3 years now...and its time i thought of moving on...but at 27 am i too late to do a pgdbm?
Page 1 of 2

thanks a lot guys....reading ur comments has given me a morale boost...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Bluequill Says
not exactly that...i want to march ahead in my career...but as u said a "conservative family" doesnt prefer risks...

Hi bluequill ...

I gave you my example , I will add to that , my cat was also pathetic , and my performance in cat mocks was so fluctucating , that I could never be sure , where do I stand .. I was in a job for 5 years , very stable "nice job " but I wasnt satisfied , my father was shocked when I told him , I wanted to go for an MBA , he told me You can do it part time , but I knew it had to be full time , and full time it is ...

dude take the plunge you wont regret it a bit .. go all out for xat ..

regards

shailesh
Blank_mind Says
Dude,one thing is very crystal clear from ur post and i can feel it,that u r living with conservative family,way back 10 years,goverment job was consedring like nething,but now its like nothing,I can give u a reason if you want but before that,, try to wake up ur family and count the example before them with ur thinking ,u r engineer and planning to doing MBA ,if u cant impress ur family than how could you control the mangement after doing ur MBA? ,where thousands of people daily will not convience from ur ideas and you should convience them for ur products and with ur ideas...So....Heaven is in your hand ,can u feel it?

not exactly that...i want to march ahead in my career...but as u said a "conservative family" doesnt prefer risks...
Bluequill Says
i have been struggling...for 3 years now...and its time i thought of moving on...but at 27 am i too late to do a pgdbm?

Its not age that is the issue here....

Bigger problems that you will face...are

1) your family's attitude and suppport

2) your marriage plans and their connection to 1

3) whether you are expected to support your family financially in the next 2-3 years..(again leading to point 1)

Regards
Tanveer

p.s..But Boss I will say go for it ..it will be worth it ..else you will regret later .....
http://bit.do/prepforlife
thabk you people.... i had almost lost hope....been working for the last 3years in a psu ( i did my engineering - electrical ) .. i feel stagnated here...no scope of growth...seems like a graveyard....

anyways, my first attempt at cat this year turned out to be pathetic...and the only other exam im giving is xat...my performance in IMS's mock xat was a terrible nightmare....

so it would be quite an understatement to say that i am despondent...sometimes suicidal. yes....and to worsen things, my folks want me to get married...for them a "sarkari" job is equivalent to heaven...

but i wont give up....and guys thanks a lot for your thoughts...i feel i am not lost afterall.

Dude,one thing is very crystal clear from ur post and i can feel it,that u r living with conservative family,way back 10 years,goverment job was consedring like nething,but now its like nothing,I can give u a reason if you want but before that,, try to wake up ur family and count the example before them with ur thinking ,u r engineer and planning to doing MBA ,if u cant impress ur family than how could you control the mangement after doing ur MBA? ,where thousands of people daily will not convience from ur ideas and you should convience them for ur products and with ur ideas...So....Heaven is in your hand ,can u feel it?

Hi,
I guess 27 is the avg age of MBA graduates in the US.It is not uncommon to find guys of that age pursuing MBA even in India.Please check out the profiles of students from websites of B-School.And finally NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP. 😃

Man,i think its a right age to do an MBA ,if u have had 2 ot 5 years experience in any field .You see,One drop of practical is much better than than the a lot of theory,thats the same thing implement with MBA...MBA teach u a A to Z of Business but not in market but in class and on paper,isnt that?..So decide ur best and leave the rest...And by the way,I had met a man who was doing his mba at his 55,isnt that cool? and if u have good habbit of reading newspaper,u might know recently,plenty of CEO`s in india and abroad of several companies quit their jobs just for doing their MBA....So friend,Go ahead.....

thabk you people.... i had almost lost hope....been working for the last 3years in a psu ( i did my engineering - electrical ) .. i feel stagnated here...no scope of growth...seems like a graveyard....

anyways, my first attempt at cat this year turned out to be pathetic...and the only other exam im giving is xat...my performance in IMS's mock xat was a terrible nightmare....

so it would be quite an understatement to say that i am despondent...sometimes suicidal. yes....and to worsen things, my folks want me to get married...for them a "sarkari" job is equivalent to heaven...

but i wont give up....and guys thanks a lot for your thoughts...i feel i am not lost afterall.

Bluequill Says

Hi ,

I remember you had raised a query on the GIM thread , regarding your question/query here , I turned 28 here , and I consider myself to be at an advantage at some great places .. read lateral placements, maybe some where I may lose out , where the companies might be asking for freshers big deal

experience always counts

man you are right on track dont worry

regards

shailesh

Quitters never win BUDDY !! ....remember "18 till I DIE"...so where's this 27 has come from cheer up n give it a GO, what if again !!!