Aspiring for CAT,Need Help

9 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hi friends, I m Abhinav Srivastava,studying in NIT-Jalandhar,in 2nd Yr Civil Engineering... I am aspiring for CAT-2010... For that,I am currently reading a plethora of editorials,newspapers,articles,books to improve my vocab and english... ...
Page 1 of 1
But,I appreciate your advice..specially of PavanP..n started devoting 1 hr to QA also...
If u think,anything else i need to do,plz do let me know...

Welcome to PG...

Hope you got your query clarified. You can now move over to CAT/Prep section to get necessary information.

All the best.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

But,I appreciate your advice..specially of PavanP..n started devoting 1 hr to QA also...
If u think,anything else i need to do,plz do let me know...

IIFT MBA (IB) 2014-16

Well,Sir if u think i need motivation,then well and good...But according to me,I dont think i need any motivation at all..I am self motivated...
Also,as i live in ahmedabad,every glimpse of IIM-A fills motivation in me....

Moreover,The first thing i did on Pagalguy was-Read those stories...I also contacted Swagat Sir,ex-Pagalguy member,currently IIM-A...just to let u know...

IIFT MBA (IB) 2014-16

Hi Abhinav bhai,

you can always have a look at these threads and devise your own plan of preparation...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-preparation-2009-related-relevant-links-for-cat-2009-25037020

also, apart from time, i believe you need to get motivation which you can easily get on some of these threads mentioned above by pavan

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307

Thanks for the Guidance...

Then,I ll start the preparation from now...

IIFT MBA (IB) 2014-16
2hr Each?
Sir,I m doing engineering...its very hard for me to get time for the engg. syllabus itself...n watever tym i get,i read newspapers n look for the words i dont know..
So,u prefer that i must also get some tym for QA?...But that wud need a part of tym that i m devoting to VA...

Abhinav, do not address me as Sir.
I'm a fellow aspirant as you, anywayz I'm joining SYMBIOSIS this year.

Dude, 2 hours a day, shouldn't be a big deal for you even if you are an Engineering Student. You need to work tremendously hard. Forget sleep for a couple of months.
If your ultimate goal is to get into some Ivy League B-School, then there is no other go. You have to manage time and work hard.

Read these success stories... You'll get inspired, also you'll manage some time to study...
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/2933-all-i-wanted-speak-about-31.html#post1088185
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933

2hr Each?
Sir,I m doing engineering...its very hard for me to get time for the engg. syllabus itself...n watever tym i get,i read newspapers n look for the words i dont know..
So,u prefer that i must also get some tym for QA?...But that wud need a part of tym that i m devoting to VA...

IIFT MBA (IB) 2014-16
Hi friends,
I m Abhinav Srivastava,studying in NIT-Jalandhar,in 2nd Yr Civil Engineering...
I am aspiring for CAT-2010...
For that,I am currently reading a plethora of editorials,newspapers,articles,books to improve my vocab and english...
But,my friend told that it is important to stress on making ur calculations stronger to succeed in CAT...
So i m in dilemma,Wat shud I do?
Make my English prep less rigorous and instigate practising Maths?
Or anything else..?
Plz Help....

Dude...
Good to see that you are starting your preparation 1 and half year before.
CAT 2010, may be you would be taking an online test.

Well, as far as preparation is concerned, there is no fixed syllabus. You can't ignore a subject and concentrate on the other one. Each subject has it's own importance. Don't neglect any part of the syllabus. Do allot(may be 2 hr for each subject) a fixed time to QA and also VA.

Master all the fundamentals, Solve all the basic material. Then go for the MOCK CAT's. Practise all the MOCK CAT papers. Jot down all important points.
Go ahead with the schedule which you have already started( for Vocab). Also allot 1 hour, at the least, to Quant and solve all the stuff you encounter.

All the best.

Hi friends,
I m Abhinav Srivastava,studying in NIT-Jalandhar,in 2nd Yr Civil Engineering...
I am aspiring for CAT-2010...
For that,I am currently reading a plethora of editorials,newspapers,articles,books to improve my vocab and english...
But,my friend told that it is important to stress on making ur calculations stronger to succeed in CAT...
So i m in dilemma,Wat shud I do?
Make my English prep less rigorous and instigate practising Maths?
Or anything else..?
Plz Help....

IIFT MBA (IB) 2014-16