Ask HKUST MBA Current Students (for intake 2013 aspirants)

186 Posts  ·  73 Users
About this group
To give back to the Pagalguy community, we-the current students at HKUST MBA have started this thread to help prospective applicants by answering their queries here. We would be happy to answer queries related to our experience at HKUST MBA...
Page 1 of 19

A big thanks for the work done last year, but can we have a similar group for CY aspirants as well

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi ,

Just wanted to know whether most of the people admitted in HKUST have a bachelors degree from IITs, NITS..etc. Because their requirement asks a strong bachelors degree.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

just wanted to know what is the chance of a mechanical engineer getting in to HKUST. Meets all the minimum requirements posted in HKUST website.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for HKUST, 2014 intake. Can someone provide me some guidance. My profile goes as :

Xth (2004): 76%
XIIth (2006): 74%
B.E (Electronics & Communications in 2010) : 65%
Work Exp : 2y 10m in telecom industry as of now
*Couple of official overseas trip to South East Asian Countries
GMAT : planning to take in July end and aiming 750

Please let me know what are the chances if I hit a bare minimum of 700 in GMAT.

BR, Archit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The deadline for Admission Results (R2 applicants) was 28th March 2013. However, I have not received any update on my application status from the Admission Committee. Further, during the interview I was told that the admission decision will be provided after 4 weeks. By when can we realistically expect updates on Admission status from HKUST.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@bkkkrzy The largest % of HKUST MBA grads go into the Financial Services industry. What roles or job functions do they end up in?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

lucky12 - 2 people in the previous batch got into trading. One is in Credit Suisse in cash equities in HK while the other is in Stan Ca in Singapore.

If you have a background in trading, then yes its easy, if not, then its difficult.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@hkustmba2013 - I have been following this forum for some time now as I intend to apply for HKUST MBA 2014 intake.
Would you be able to share what percentage of HKUST MBA grads go into sales trading? Do you know anyone who interned or joined FT as a trading analyst / associate?
I am assuming getting into sales trading in HK would be comparatively easier than IBD. IBD to some extent will need business level knowledge of Mandarin. Same applies for sales. But for a trading role you don €™t necessarily need Mandarin skills.
ďťż
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@rubicon2000 - Congrats buddy. Can you share your your score? I am targetting next year.Also any kind of suggestion w.r to the interview and essay will be extremely useful. Thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Applying for HKUST 2013 intakes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...