Ask Current MBA Students Questions

44 Posts  ·  255 Users
About this group
Hi I am current Columbia Business School student. Please watch this very helpful Youtube video: Why Choose Columbia Business School #WhyCBS - YouTube Then you can ask current students questions in the Youtube comments section
Page 1 of 5

Can anyone guide me and tell me that how should i prepare for cat exam i am currently pursuing engineering and i'm in 4th sem and i want appear for cat in my 7th sem

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hii, I have a query regarding the EWS certificate. The format as per prescribed by IIMs is different from what has been issued to me by the government. I need to know if the change in format can create any problems?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Whenever we talk about MBA institute, the only point which comes in our mind is IIM, But what if I say it is not just IIM there are lot of other options as well. Most MBA aspirants target IIM, but what if you get best of the facilities in your reach. Punjab is the hub of education in India since last few years. 

There are many top ranked MBA colleges in India which provide quality education. Few of the Best MBA colleges in Punjab are PTU,GNU, Lovely Professional University, Thapar, and few more. 

Now Question is how to decide which will give us quality education? MBA is not a classroom program, it needs complete exposure. So I will list few factors which will help you to choose better. MBA College or University should have the following features:

1. Experienced and well qualified Faculty

2. National and International Exposure

3. Live Projects

4. Internship Assistance

5. Practical Based Teaching Pedagogy

6. Professional Enhancement

7. Infrastructure

8. Accreditation and Ranking

9. Entrepreneurship Training

10. Placements

I hope I have covered all the major points to be checked before choosing a MBA college. As per my experience, I would say LPU has all of these features which makes it among the Top MBA colleges in India. I have done my MBA from LPU and I can proudly say LPU has it all. LPU has recently marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020. Not just this The Business School of LPU is accredited from ACBSP, Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculty members, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA. LPU is one of the top 5 universities of India, providing quality education, innovative pedagogy and unbeatable placements both national and international, even beating IIMS. Companies like Colgate Palmolive, Hindustan Unilever, Godrej Consumer, Asian Paints, Bajaj Allianz, Khimji Ramdas, Ernst and Young, Flipkart, Federal Bank, Blue Star, Zomato, Berger Paints, are major recruiters at LPU. Another major reason to choose LPU is it's huge scholarship, when we talk about MBA, fees is a big concern but at LPU you have the solution. Why pay more, if you can get the best at lower price.

I hope this helps. All the Best.

2 comments
Dharamveer011080
@Dharamveer011080  ·  9 karma

The exposure that LPU provides in the management programs is exemplary. With such a large number of companies offering internships, consultancies and projects etc makes it an ideal place for the students to get into the corporate at right deserving positions. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ahana05
@Ahana05  ·  0 karma

I can feel the excitement in people who are looking forward to start their college life but there are various factors that will go into making an institute the best for you. Academics is clearly a priority, but there are also other aspects such as facilities for research, affordability, placement opportunities and so on. All these have to be balanced to find the best place. Both the institutes are doing good but I would always prefer to choose LPU. I will tell you why? I have completed BBA-MBA from Lovely Professional University and got multiple offer letter from good companies, my experience has been phenomenal. The B-School of the university has ACBSP accreditation. The university is having tie-ups with many foreign universities and reputed companies thus facilitating higher education abroad and good placements respectively for their students. MBA is a well-known programme at LPU. You can go for an integrated course here, as well. Faculty in our department is well-experienced and have expert knowledge who work on our skill enhancement. There are lots of career opportunities after MBA in different areas. The university has shown its commitment to teaching excellence and to the process of quality improvement by participating in the accreditation process. The university also gives us the opportunity to get real-life exposure through various training programs and an internship, which is mandatory for all. Professors go for value-based education which is something we as professionals would require in our career. Guest lectures by experts and some really successful people are arranged by our department to widen our scope of learning. As far as LPU placements are concerned, you need not worry about it. Many of my known seniors are placed in huge and reputed companies in different cities and some are placed abroad, too. The starting package for MBA graduates is one of the best at LPU as compared to any other private university. Minimum package starting from 3.5L p. a and maximum can go as far as you can hope for and also according to your potential and talent. LPU provides the sufficient knowledge and skill which helps me to gain confidence and built good personality. The total strength of the students are more than 30000 on the campus and they came from different states and countries. Hope this answer will help to take right decision!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Business Schools are known to bridge the gap from being a normal individual to being a good professional. Every student aspires to get a degree from the best B-schools. And in India, there are also many colleges that can help in bridging the gap of transforming the students into professionals.

I did MBA from Lovely Professional University. LPU is one of the best choices indeed. It provides for multiple industrial exposures,live projects,an updated curriculum rigor and technology along with very good placements and personality development. LPU is helping me grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support.

The Business School of LPU is accredited from (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculties, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA.LPU has recently Marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020.

Lovely professional University is quite eminent for the MBA. You can do MBA in different streams like Financial markets, International Business, Tourism and hospitality, Banking and insurance, E-Commerce, Fintect, Business Analytics, etc. So you can choose any of the above-revealed streams according to your area of interest.

They have Collaboration/Tie up with the companies like NSE, Safe Educate, ICICI Direct, HDFC, etc. to give students the opportunity for pursuing live projects and/or professional certifications like NCCMP, NCFM etc. Students get opportunity to Industry desired workshops on Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, Stock Market Operations, Life Skills, Creativity and Innovation, and Leadership to make students industry ready.

The university also gives us the opportunity to get real-life exposure through various training programs and an internship, which is mandatory for all. Professors go for value-based education which is something we as professionals would require in our career. Guest lectures by experts and some really successful people are arranged by our department to widen our scope of learning.Most of faculty members are from IIM or from elite B- Schools (India/Abroad. They have decade of experience. Faculty was really helping. Even they helped her after regular university hours for her projects.

If you are concerned about placements. There are plenty of career opportunities after MBA in different sectors of industries like Banking and Finance, Investment Banking, multinationals, foreign banks, public sector undertakings, in effect the whole corporate sector – offer bright opportunities to management graduates. The careers in management offers one of the best remuneration packages and perks everywhere. Many students are placed in reputed companies in different cities and some are placed in abroad too.

LPU has become the landing place of many leading industries for recruitment. It has many top rankings in placements. The students of LPU has been placed in the top companies with high salary packages. The placements have been divided as dream packages and bulk recruiters. Apart from placements, many eminent companies approach LPU to hire students for internships.

LPU continuously going better and better with its focus on developing future leaders, who could drive change, whether as an assets to some global corporate giants or as an entrepreneur who create jobs for many. A large chunk of Alumni, of the Mittal School of B

usiness, Lovely Professional University, are successfully pursuing a global careers in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, to suggest a few.

LPU offers Study Abroad Programme that allows the students to experience the international study culture well under the framework of a different educational system abroad. Under this programme, the students study a part of the programme in a university(partner university) in a different country and earn the academic credits from that university. This programme is of a short duration ranging from 6 months to a year in different countries.

Choose wisely where your want to study as it will be a key factor in determining your future. It was my point of view, my experience that I shared. Research for other universities too and find out which one suits you the best.

This goes on telling about pursuing the MBA from Lovely Professional University….And by this I end up….And all the best to you and have a bright future ahead…

Thank You!

1 comment
Dharamveer011080
@Dharamveer011080  ·  9 karma

Absolutely true, the Mittal School of Business actually bridged the gap and enables the raw talent to become well rounded professionals to make a deep impact in the corporate. The overall personality grooming which happens through center of professional enhancement makes the students not only crck the interviews but also shape thier long term careers

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is the scope of doing MBA after BA?

2 comments
Ahana0511
@Ahana0511  ·  0 karma

@samiksha1993

I did MBA from LPU and LPU is helping me grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support.I would say ,The Business School of LPU is accredited from (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculties, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA.LPU has recently Marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020.

University have Collaboration/Tie up with the companies like NSE, Safe Educate, ICICI Direct, HDFC, etc. to give students the opportunity for pursuing live projects and/or professional certifications like NCCMP, NCFM etc. Students get opportunity to Industry desired workshops on Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, Stock Market Operations, Life Skills, Creativity and Innovation, and Leadership to make students industry ready.

The university also gives us the opportunity to get real-life exposure through various training programs and an internship, which is mandatory for all. Professors go for value-based education which is something we as professionals would require in our career. Guest lectures by experts and some really successful people are arranged by our department to widen our scope of learning.

Most of faculty members are from IIM or from elite B- Schools (India/Abroad. They have decade of experience. Faculty was really helping. Even they helped her after regular university hours for her projects.

No doubt LPU adopts new technologies faster than others they update their curriculum after each semester by taking feedback from the students and also to meet the latest standards.

If you are concerned about placements. There are plenty of career opportunities after MBA in different sectors of industries like Banking and Finance, Investment Banking, multinationals, foreign banks, public sector undertakings, in effect the whole corporate sector – offer bright opportunities to management graduates. The careers in management offers one of the best remuneration packages and perks everywhere. Many students are placed in reputed companies in different cities and some are placed in abroad too.Top brands like Amazon, Trident, KPMG, Hindustan Unilever Ltd. L'Oreal India, Federal Bank, Colgate Palmolive, HDFC Bank, Elgi Equipments, Reliance Industries, ITC Ltd., Tata AIG, Kent Healthcare Systems Ltd., MRF Ltd., etc. visitung campus for placements.

LPU continuously going better and better with its focus on developing future leaders, who could drive change, whether as an assets to some global corporate giants or as an entrepreneur who create jobs for many. A large chunk of Alumni, of the Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University, are successfully pursuing a global careers in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, to suggest a few.

LPU offers Study Abroad Programme that allows the students to experience the international study culture well under the framework of a different educational system abroad. Under this programme, the students study a part of the programme in a university(partner university) in a different country and earn the academic credits from that university. This programme is of a short duration ranging from 6 months to a year in different countries.

I Hope this answer will help you take right decision!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Parul_arora10
@Parul_arora10  ·  2 karma

MBA admissions in India and abroad need you to have at least graduate or bachelor's degree to get admitted. Usually this eligibility degree can be from any field but from a recognized university from anywhere in the world. MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration that shows that at the end what matters is to be a good administrator.

B-schools witness students from various educational and vocational backgrounds joining the degree program for better job opportunities after MBA. Prime reason why more and more arts graduates are opting for MBA program is, this course allows shifting focus and industry, plus permits the students to earn credentials in respected fields. MBA degree program opens doors for new job opportunities for the arts students. They develop new skills, acquire deeper knowledge of entrepreneurship and can change career path altogether.

In-fact the diverse backgrounds of the students, help students exchange their knowledge and experiences that eventually enrich their overall intellectual skills. But why MBA for arts graduate? MBA courses are designed to allow your career develop to its fullest potential at a faster pace. In addition to strong life experiences, you get to learn three main values of skills, b.....ng and networking.

This degree program allows students to learn hard skills like operations, marketing, finance, accounting, economics and management. Also learn soft skills of ethics, leadership, teamwork and communication. These set of skills in combination form the base for effective management. Arts students get the opportunity to learn these skills both inside and outside the classroom. This multi-dimensional course leverage the differences among the educational background and translate it into better learning opportunities.

Job opportunities after MBA course is highly lucrative and diversified. You can learn additional skills of management and leadership, also the brand of B-school that you attend influences the type of campus placement that you get. Do checkout the leading universities that offer MBA are IIM, Great Lakes, LPU, Xaivers, NIMS, JBIMS and few more. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How many MBA colleges in India have a low free and better placement? What are their names?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Parul_arora10

Hello!

Fees becomes the major constraint for some students when we talk about MBA program

Why pay more when you can get the best at low cost. Clearly you will get the most extreme comes back with exceptionally minimum input.

There are numerous colleges that give MBA course, according to my experience, I would propose you Lovely Professional University for MBA.

LPU stands apart among the best colleges in the country with a-list system, offices and incredibly qualified workforce from IIMs, IBS, etc. The B-School of this school has ACBSP accreditation and NIRF positioning. The school is having tie-ups with various worldwide colleges and presumed associations thusly promising progressed training abroad and incredible positions independently for their understudies. LPU gives adequate opportunities to each and every of the certified understudy to confirm extraordinary position. The school has been situated high by outer associations concerning arrangements of understudies.

A couple of significant brands of the business have visited LPU grounds during the ongoing meeting for grounds situations like Colgate Palmolive, Hindustan Unilever, Godrej Consumer, SAP Labs, Asian Paints, Bajaj Allianz, Best Seller, Bharti AXA, Decathlon Sports, Exide Industries, Emami, Eye-Q Vision, ITC Limited, Janalakshmai Financial Services, Kelloggs, MRF, Naukri, Moodys Analytics, WNS Global, Writer Corporation, Nivesh Group, OCWEN Financial, Practo, Redington, Transport Corporation of India, and so forth. College readies its understudies for arrangements through uncommon contributions to the type of position classes. Understudies are given a great deal of on-work preparing just as work on ventures where they can procure too. MBA positions of the college are awesome with understudies getting great bundles.

I hope this helps.

All the Best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ahana0511
@Ahana0511  ·  0 karma

@samiksha1993

Choosing where to study, and to which university you should go, is one of the most important decisions you will make.I was part of BBA-MBA course batch 2011–2016. So lets say like this our college life started when this University was quite young as it started in 2006. LPU is helping me grow professionally and personally with its career-oriented programs and support.

The Business School of LPU is accredited from (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculties, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA.LPU has recently Marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020.

As a general rule for placements, a lot more will depend upon your own hard work, communication & presentation skills and overall preparation. This would be true for any university you enroll in.

The placements are exemplary. Many of my known alumni are placed in very good and reputed companies in different cities and some are placed abroad also Industrial exposure is offered through in-house training programs. 100% Placements Of Eligible Students In MBA With Highest Offered Package Of Rs 21 LPA.The university organize many external workshops for their students. The package provided by on-campus jobs is also more than satisfactory. University environment is very much decent with technical security. They also organize regular interaction one-on-one sessions with experts where one can discuss their views and share their doubts and problems.

Lots of scholarships opportunities for deserving students, which will make pursuing an MBA at a very affordable cost.

They give you a very good amount of training before you go into campus placements. Try not to miss those classes they will help you in getting better placements, after all, all we need is a decent place with good exposure. I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

• Highest Package offered - 22 LPA
  • Impeccable placement records with more than 150 companies including ITC, Asian Paints, HDFC, Federal Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Moody’s Analytics, WNS Global etc and so on recruiting MBA students on an yearly basis with highest package in MBA at 21 Lakh Per Annum and on a average package will be 4LPA TO 6 LPA with nearly 90 % placement rates.
  • The placements on an average for all the streams of management including Marketing and Sales, Finance, Operations, and HR.
  • LPU keeps improving and increasing it placements packages year on year. Even the number of recruiters visiting the campus increase every year.

LPU continuously going better and better with its focus on developing future leaders, who could drive change, whether as an assets to some global corporate giants or as an entrepreneur who create jobs for many. A large chunk of Alumni, of the Mittal School of Business, Lovely Professional University, are successfully pursuing a global careers in countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, to suggest a few.

Choose wisely where your want to study as it will be a key factor in determining your future. It was my point of view, my experience that I shared. Research for other universities too and find out which one suits you the best. LPU will provide you a lot of opportunity for placement it just that you have to grab it and go for it.

I hope this helps you.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What is future of doing MBA in india?

3 comments
Parul_arora10

Hello!

On the off chance that you are at present seeking after BBA or wanting to seek after BBA, at that point this one inquiry may have annoyed you a great deal of times. Indeed, various individuals will exhibit various conclusions with respect to this inquiry yet toward the day's end, the choice to do MBA or not lies with you. Presently before putting our own point, we might want to give an itemized investigation of what MBA is and how it can profit a person. Additionally, a decent administration school will be truly useful in the event that you are looking for confirmation as it will open up a great deal of roads before you. 

Now, the answer to this basic question of whether MBA is necessary after graduation or not is definitely no, as it is not necessary to pursue it but it is always recommended to go for MBA as it provides many benefits in the long run.

1. Go for a job:

Well, there are plenty of jobs available for graduates in various sectors. However, you have to adjust initially as you might not be offered the salary you expected at regular promotions but what will help you, in the long run, is how you handle all the issues.

A job will surely help you in other ways as you can gain maximum experience while working with experienced individuals of various fields. There are a few other benefits that you can avail from a job such as:

• Gain an overall organizational experience
  • An individual gains a lot of exposure out of such jobs and comes in contact with organizational issues and management problems
  • Such jobs can boost confidence level and accelerate personality development in an individual

2. Be An Entrepreneur:

A significant youth population is inclined towards internship as being your own boss is undoubtedly the most attractive thing while working. Many MBA graduates are successfully running their startup. While a startup can generate high profits it can also lead to the dissolution of the firm in case the entrepreneur is not able to manage things. The following are the benefits of becoming an entrepreneur:

• Zero Answer ability
  • Huge profits
  • Societal recognition

MBA is a valued degree when it comes to the management and operation of a firm. MBA provides a practical approach to deal with business issues. It is a popular degree if you aspire for a C-suite job or want to start your own business.

• Helps in developing core management skills and strategies:

MBA aims to develop skills in an individual that can help him to successfully run a business. It aims to teach how to manufacture, market and sell your product to consumers. It also provides skills to keep finances in a healthy state as the lack of finances can lead to the dissolution of the firm. During the course of study, individuals are also taught the steps to maintain a positive image of a firm which can lead to increased goodwill and to keep close contacts of people who can help in times of distress. It keeps individuals intact to latest trends in national and international business and helps them to adjust to changes well without any resource wastage.

• More opportunities and a higher salary package:

The salary offered to MBA graduates is much more than what an average BBA graduate receives which makes the degree more attractive to fresh talent. The placement and salary package usually depends on how well reputed your university is. So, make sure that you get admission in best management college, Delhi. Often, these management colleges keep close contact with big business houses and provide campus placement to its students.

• Provides skills required for starting own business:

If you are constantly dwelling on entrepreneurship and want to be one of the biggest entrepreneurs, then MBA is a must for you as it induces fresh talent to discover, innovate, analyze and question business policies and trends. Thus, if you want to be a successful entrepreneur make sure that you are through with MBA.

These were some of the pros of taking up MBA. Now, let’s talk about the disadvantages of pursuing this degree:

• Huge Cost:

Since MBA is a professional degree and is offered by some of the most reputed management colleges, the fee structure is often very complex and the also very high which makes it tough for middle-class students to afford it. IIMs which are considered as the best management college provide a 5-year integrated course of BBA along with MBA for which the fee demanded is 15 lakh to 20 lakh approximately. An individual's time is also considered as an implicit cost for getting this degree as he or she gives up 2 years of a job to get this degree.

With this comes a hidden question, which university to opt for. IIM always takes the lead when you talk about placements, but at the same time fees is a big concern as well. There are few private universities as well that offer MBA and are also listed among Top universities in India such as VIT,LPU,Great Lakes, Fore School, FMS and few more.

My brother has his MBA from Lovely Professional University and I have also received few feedback that states LPU is one of the leading university for MBA.Placements, Infrastructure, Internships, Faculties, Curriculum and Diversity all make up for LPU as one of the leading option in management.

I hope this helps.

All the Best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ahana0511
@Ahana0511  ·  0 karma

@samiksha1993

Well,all universities perform well at their own ends but Lovely professional University is achieving its own Shine regularly at a higher pace be it academic,research,technology,exposures (both national and international),placements,accreditation,Curriculum Rigor and of course a conducive and diversified campus environment to live in.

I would say ,The Business School of LPU is accredited from (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculties, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA. LPU has recently Marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020.

Lovely Professional University is quite eminent for the MBA. You can do MBA in different streams like Financial markets, International Business, Tourism and hospitality, Banking and insurance, E-Commerce, Fintect, Business Analytics, etc. So you can choose any of the above-revealed streams according to your area of interest.

You can go for an integrated course here, as well. Faculty in our department is well-experienced and have expert knowledge who work on our skill enhancement. There are lots of career opportunities after MBA in different areas.The university also gives us the opportunity to get real-life exposure through various training programs and an internship, which is mandatory for all. Professors go for value-based education which is something we as professionals would require in our career. Guest lectures by experts and some really successful people are arranged by our department to widen our scope of learning.

Most of faculty members are from IIM or from elite B- Schools (India/Abroad. They have decade of experience. Faculty was really helping. Even they helped her after regular university hours for her projects.

Entrepreneurship projects are integral part of curriculum and help establish themselves as successful entrepreneurs.I got opportunity to work on community development project on social issues to cultivate social sensitivity and sense of responsibility.

University has collaboration/Tie up with the companies like NSE, Safe Educate, ICICI Direct, HDFC, etc. to give students the opportunity for pursuing live projects and/or professional certifications like NCCMP, NCFM etc.

The placements are exemplary. I’m a pass-out myself and I’m placed in a decent company, while some of my friends are placed abroad, too. Industrial exposure is offered through in-house training programs. The university organizes many external workshops for us. The package provided by on-campus jobs is also satisfactory. University’s environment is pretty decent with high-tech security. They also organize regular interactive one-on-one sessions with experts where we can discuss our views and share our doubts and problems.

MBA students are getting placed at an average package of >4–6 LPA in more than 100 companies. More than 150+ companies have already visited 2019–2020 MBA batch of MBA and nearly all of them are already placed and many of them already on OJT(on the job training).

The package really depends on what he can show to the recruiters that, how much he is worth or deserved. There were some students who cracked the placement and got offered 21 LPA, while many failed to do so.

They give you a very good amount of training before you go into campus placements. Try not to miss those classes they will help you in getting better placements, after all, all we need is a decent place with good exposure. I shouldn't even have to explain this one.

Hope this answer will help you!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If I will not be able to qualify LPU nest, can I still get admission in LPU?

1 like1 comment
Parul_arora10

LPU NEST is National Entrance and Scholarship Test for admission to various programmes in Lovely Professional University. This test forms the basis of eligibility for some of the programmes and for a scholarship for most of the programmes. It is not simple and even it is also not too hard to crack. If you prepare well then you can clear the exam and even get a good scholarship. The syllabus may differ from course to course but the pattern is the same. The test is conducted online and can be taken on any of the test centres appointed by LPU. I will be sharing my experience and how I prepared and scored 40% scholarship through LPU NEST. There are few points to be kept in mind while looking forward with LPU NEST.
1. First of check with the subjects and exam pattern as per mention on their website. There is an option to choose subjects in LPU NEST. Look forward with subjects which you have studied in class 11 and 12th.
2. Also, check with the topic wise syllabus as available on website. Do brush up your basics thoroughly. One Tip : Do attempt all the questions, as there is no negative marking. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How hard is it to crack the LPU NEST and get admission into LPU?

3 comments
Ahana0511
@Ahana0511  ·  0 karma

@samiksha1993

I can feel the excitement in people who are looking forward to starting their college life in Lovely Professional University.Many of you might be very curious about the look and interior of the campus,hostel.

I myself had gone through the same phase a couple of years back.I am eligible to answer your query because i studied in Lovely Professional University.First of all you must know about LPU NEST. It is a national level exam for admission to various programmes in Lovely Professional University. This LPU NEST test forms the basis of eligibility for some programmes and also for the scholarship programmes.

LPU NEST is neither much easier nor harder. If you have a good Knowledge of topics which are coming in LPU NEST. Then it is easy to crack. The questions will be based on your last qualifying exam. If you are a hard-worker then not to worry at all. LPU always welcomes hard-working students. One more important thing, you can find the syllabus of LPU NEST. Exam dates, exam pattern, and moreover sample questions on the LPU website.

The paper is designed on the very basic knowledge of the courses that you have studied till date and also focused on the discipline you are writing the exam. If you are applying for any Graduation programme, syllabus would be from your Class 11th and 12th only. English subject is mandatory part in this exam.

Content is completely based on basics and specific topics are shared on their website as well. Rest depends which course you are choosing. Syllabus, test structures varies. Hope this will help you!

All the very best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ahana0511
@Ahana0511  ·  0 karma

@samiksha1993

LPUNEST stands for National Eligiblity and Schlorship Test,It is mandatory exams for some programmes. LPUNEST is not simple and even it’s also not too hard to crack.All you need is a little preparation.

You can check the syllabus,test pattern and sample questions provided by the University websites before hand and then start preparing.

The test papers are based on basic principles and concepts, no tough questions are being asked, what ever the students have read in the previous related study course, the same will be asked in the LPU NEST. It is recommended to go through the basic concept and principles properly.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How do I get an admission into LPU to pursue an MBA? Is it easy or tough?

1 like3 comments
Parul_arora10

Hello!  The basic eligibility to join LPU MBA is 55% in graduation, you also need to clear an interview.
MBA at LPU is one of the most advanced management programs
# Curriculum : If at all the curriculum is continuously upgraded and developed with consultations and feedback of industry. Since the placements are done aggressively, the feedback from employer about the SWOT analysis of the placed students comes after every 2 to 3 months.
# Pedagogy : The case based and experiential learning techniques are preferred in B-Schools rather than classroom learning.
# Technology: The businesses and the business functions are now highly tech driven, the MBA program in good b-schools has the exposure and training of the same. They ensure the exposure to world leading technologies like SAP, GitHub, Advance excel etc. Are must for any professional to succeed in career.
# Professional etiquette: It is the most important part these days, the personality, ethics, virtuous, speech, body language, interpersonal skills etc. Are given high importance in the organisations.
# Entrepreneurship : Even though most of the students go for jobs, the exposure to entrepreneurship is required. This helps the professionals know how the other departments and the profit center heads work, what are the expectations etc. Good B-schools ensure a exposure to entrepreneurship project, innovation, design thinking and business incubation labs for help of budding talent, some like LPU go to extent of providing SEED capital to deserving start ups.
# Industry interface: Ultimately its the industry which is going to immerse the students in the placements, the regular industrial talks, interactions, lectures, visits and internships are must have in any MBA. This is common to all the specializations.
# Diversity: As he world shrinks into a aligned economy, the professionals will be required to work in cross cultural teams having entirely different work culture and ethos, the national and international diversity of students is helpful in enabling the students develop right sensibilities
# Placements: Since the ultimate aim of attaining a skill/knowledge/degree is to have a career, it is desirable that whichever university you chose, It must have good industry linkages to attract the good recruiters which value fresh talent.
LPU is one name which has excelled in all these parameters and provides the pedagogy which makes it easier to learn the skill sets. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ahana0511
@Ahana0511  ·  0 karma

@samiksha1993

Business Schools are known to bridge the gap from being a normal individual to being a good professional. Every student aspires to get a degree from the best B-schools. And in India, there are also many colleges that can help in bridging the gap of transforming the students into professionals.

Well,all universities perform well at their own ends but Lovely professional University is achieving its own Shine regularly at a higher pace be it academic,research,technology,exposures (both national and international),placements,accreditation,Curriculum Rigor and of course a conducive and diversified campus environment to live in.

I would say ,The Business School of LPU is accredited from (ACBSP) Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs from the USA ensuring quality education and industry experienced faculties, studying in LPU will get a degree accredited from a body of USA. LPU has recently Marked among Top 50 Best Management Institutes by NIRF ranking 2020. Also, LPU has won National Employability Award 2020.

Lovely Professional University is quite eminent for the MBA. You can do MBA in different streams like Financial markets, International Business, Tourism and hospitality, Banking and insurance, E-Commerce, Fintect, Business Analytics, etc. So you can choose any of the above-revealed streams according to your area of interest.

You can go for an integrated course here, as well. Faculty in our department is well-experienced and have expert knowledge who work on our skill enhancement. There are lots of career opportunities after MBA in different areas.The university also gives us the opportunity to get real-life exposure through various training programs and an internship, which is mandatory for all. Professors go for value-based education which is something we as professionals would require in our career. Guest lectures by experts and some really successful people are arranged by our department to widen our scope of learning.

Entrepreneurship projects are integral part of curriculum and help establish themselves as successful entrepreneurs.I got opportunity to work on community development project on social issues to cultivate social sensitivity and sense of responsibility.

University has collaboration/Tie up with the companies like NSE, Safe Educate, ICICI Direct, HDFC, etc. to give students the opportunity for pursuing live projects and/or professional certifications like NCCMP, NCFM etc.

The placements are exemplary. I’m a pass-out myself and I’m placed in a decent company, while some of my friends are placed abroad, too. Industrial exposure is offered through in-house training programs. The university organizes many external workshops for us. The package provided by on-campus jobs is also satisfactory. University’s environment is pretty decent with high-tech security. They also organize regular interactive one-on-one sessions with experts where we can discuss our views and share our doubts and problems.

MBA students are getting placed at an average package of >4–6 LPA in more than 100 companies. More than 150+ companies have already visited 2019–2020 MBA batch of MBA and nearly all of them are already placed and many of them already on OJT(on the job training).

The package really depends on what he can show to the recruiters that, how much he is worth or deserved. There were some students who cracked the placement and got offered 21 LPA, while many failed to do so.

Hope this answer will help you!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...