Guys,

Actually not so bad as some discussion lines are going..spoke to some
of my IIM pals,and they say if you dont have IIM A,B or C in your bag,
AIM should be the next (Asian) choice.The biggest plus of the institute
more than learning,now I think is the ROI actually..but yes,in the long run.
And we fellow Indians,who see a meagre figured placement report even
from the Tier 3 Indian B schools have grown up with the placement fetish.
But before going for a global program,we have to remember that is exactly
what is NOT the global program essence,anywhere in the world.And by global,for AIM,I am actually delighted to see such unknown and small emerging markets/countries.Atleast works for me,as I want to be an Asian
manager IN emerging asian economies.

Some alumni names,which shows its the ROI in the long run :

Mr. Ashok Soota (MBM 73) - Chairman and Managing Director, MindTree Consulting PVT Ltd., India
Mr. Tien-Cheng Lee (MBM 73) - Former Chief Country Officer, Deutsche Bank AG Taiwan, Taiwan
Mr. Tony Tan Caktiong (TMP 83) - Founder, CEO, and President, Jollibee Foods Corp.Philippines; winner of Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Mr. Napoleon Nazareno (MBM 73) - President and CEO, Smart Communications, Inc., Philippines
Mr. Robert Chandran (MBM 74) - President, Chemoil Corporation, Singapore
Mr. Bambang Trianto (MM 7 - Central Bank of Indonesia
Mr. Jae-Neung Cha (MDP 76) - Max Management Consulting Institute, Korea
Hon. Jesli Lapus (MBM 73) - Present Secretary of Education; former Congressman of Tarlac Province, and former president of Land Bank of the Philippines.
Mr. Angelo Reyes (MBM 73) - Current DENR Secretary; Former Secretary of National Defense, Philippines
Mr. Guillermo Parayno, Jr. (MBM 77) - Former Commissioner, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Philippines
Tan Sri Dato Talho Mohd Hashim (MM 76) - Sepakat Setia Perunding Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
Mr. Philip Ella Juico (MBM 73) - Dean, De La Salle Graduate School of Business; former Philippine Secretary of Agrarian Reform; former President of IBC-13 Broadcasting Company; former Chairman, Philippine Sports Commission
Hon. Sukavich Rangsitpol (MDP 76) - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education Thailand
Mr. Daniel Choon Hui Koh (MDP 72) - Chairman and Managing Director, Roche Singapore Pte. Ltd. Singapore
Mr. Renato de Villa (MBM 72) - Former Executive Secretary and Defense Secretary, Philippines
Mr. Alfred Xerez-Burgos, Jr. (MBM 71) - President and CEO, Landco Pacific Corp., Philippines
Mr. Vikas Sinha (MBA 83) - CFO and Senior Vice President, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, USA

I am positive about the institute,not to market it(I havent yet got the offer..:P).However,I have one question.Everyone around says AIM tops
in finance.What about marketing folks?Though I am an IT consulting guy,
my sole point for an MBA is for a career in marketing/branding in consumer
products in Asia.(becuase throughout my career,I have done less of coding and more of marketing/communications/entrepreneurship).How good is AIM in marketing?Any marketing clubs?

And GD/PI call getters,lets put on our shoes and start practising cases.
Watsay?

Cheers,
Tanmoy

•  
undefined
Write a comment...

There are 1,334 posts in Asian Institue of Management SY 2010 (MBA & MM) Intake

View all the posts »