Asia - Graduate School of Business

15 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hello Puys, I tried searching for information on this new insti but I think no one really knows about it yet. :: Welcome to Asia Graduate School of Business :: If any one of you has any info and is planning to apply here then do post in h...
Page 1 of 2

hi
have u joined asia graduate school.i got admission for 1yr

neeraj khemka

Hi All!

I am a prospective student of Asia GSB and upon enquiring i got this latest information from Mr. Zulfy of Asia GSB.

---The 1 yr program starts from April 2009.

---Faculty will be from Fisher Colllege(Ohio State Univ, USA), Tianjin and USA.

---The placement details are added on the site www.asiagsb.ac.in

---Faculty of Asia GSB will be recruited from premier b schools.

---The website will be completely made interactive and informative with more details.

---The china internship will be of 4 weeks.

---The last date of first cycle of Applying is 15th Oct. No tution fee at China.

---New brochures with full curriculm and other details will be ready by Oct5

---I have seen the pictures of the campus in the office. I found the infrastructure good.

---Every saturday they have a seminar at the office for prospective students. I attended it and found to be useful.

---The cost of 1 yr was given like this

tution fee : 8,50,000
4 week china internship : 90,000
meal plan(approx) : 30,000

I was asked to write my gmat, now am preparing for that.
Mr.Zulfy of Asia GSB gave this id to me for further queries.
zulfy@asiagsb.ac.in
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Puys So how many of you have decided to join in Asia Graduate of Business School one year program / two year program..

I am taking the shot for one year program ..except ISB , IMI , IIM all program in this line are comparatively new .And all the program launched with credibility have been booming success .the recent success story have been of that of Great lakes Institute of Management.A lots new institute has also come up newer one year PGPM program in 2009..All of them are considering / expecting themselves to be creating a name or a grand success storyIn India as we do not have any kind of regulatory framework for this kind of program hence would very difficult for fresh program starting sessionAs a student one has to have tougher choice to make or to decide in this regards specifically when one is having a cousy jobs for decade or soSo how do one decide in this regards.if one asked me I would go by following points

1. By the program : Its curriculum and its relevance to coming years
  2. By students profile or prospective students : ethnicity , nationality and work experience
  3. By Faculty profile : PhD / PG Teaching and industry exposure
  4. Institutional Infrastructure : As required for a professional program dynamism
  5. Campus / Student infrastructure
  6. Governance
  7. Institute Industry interface
  8. Expected final placement in lateral , vertical and track change
  9. Last but not the least accreditation , certification , award , diploma and its acceptance

Considering all this I think if I join in Asia Graduate School of Business one year program I will have at least 70% chances of getting better career prospect with 50% scoring credit in the program..

Any of you who ever joining the program have any view.And any of you have any newer news

Hi All!

I am a prospective student of Asia GSB and upon enquiring i got this latest information from Mr. Zulfy of Asia GSB.

---The 1 yr program starts from April 2009.

---Faculty will be from Fisher Colllege(Ohio State Univ, USA), Tianjin and USA.

---The placement details are added on the site www.asiagsb.ac.in

---Faculty of Asia GSB will be recruited from premier b schools.

---The website will be completely made interactive and informative with more details.

---The china internship will be of 4 weeks.

---The last date of first cycle of Applying is 15th Oct. No tution fee at China.

---New brochures with full curriculm and other details will be ready by Oct5

---I have seen the pictures of the campus in the office. I found the infrastructure good.

---Every saturday they have a seminar at the office for prospective students. I attended it and found to be useful.

---The cost of 1 yr was given like this

tution fee : 8,50,000
4 week china internship : 90,000
meal plan(approx) : 30,000

I was asked to write my gmat, now am preparing for that.
Mr.Zulfy of Asia GSB gave this id to me for further queries.
zulfy@asiagsb.ac.in

Hi Ramana Priya!

I have found this website for Tiangin on the web which is useful.
http://www.tjpu.edu.cn/tjpuo/index.html

On enquiring with Mr. Zulfy of Asia Graduate School of Business I got the following info abt Tianjin

nTIANJIN IS THE THIRD LARGEST AND HIGHLY INDUSTRIALISED PORT CITY IN CHINA
nMAIN CAMPUS HAS 26,000 STUDENTS.
nSTARTED WITH 2 BILLION USD BRAND NEW CAMPUS IN 2006.
nTJPU IS INVOLVED IN INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS WITH 50 UNIVERSITIES LOCATED IN JAPAN, GERMANY, CANADA, U.S AND 20 OTHER COUNTRIES.

What i liked abt the 1 yr program here is they are more concentrating on Asia and as we know Asian market has got lot of scope than european markets. The faculty from Fisher College(Ohio State Univ, USA) and Tianjin will be an advantage.

Regards

Hi Guys,

Nice to see the Asia GSB posts here,

I went through the photographs in the hyderabad jublee office, its very good in short a big campus, excellent infrastructure.

I am mostly concerned about the 1 yr program in which the titanjin polytechnic university is reputed for its textile program, its no where related to generam management.

Do u guys think its a good for return of investments interms of placements?

Please post info related to this school.

Thanks,
Srini

Hello All,

I had been to the Asia GSB administration office over the week end, here are some questions that I discussed with the Director of the Asia GSB:
1. What is the Faculty that we ca look forward to?
Ans:
: It would be best in the lot. would get selected from premier institutes in India. Till now only one prof from a top Bschool has accepted the offer. By another three months they would finish up the Faculty hirings
: would be enagged from the colleges which are in collaboration with Asia GSB.

2. Hows the profile of people who have shown interest in the course till now?
Ans:
The average experience of people who have shown interest till now is around 6-7 years on various fields ranging from IT, Pharma FMCG etc.

3. What kind of placement / profile we should look forward to?
Ans:
The answer is the same as written on website.

4. what would be the course structure like?
Ans:
They showed me the planned course structure which starts from last week of April 2009 and the details should be available on website soon.

5. total fees?
Ans: 11 lacs (approx) inclusive of china trip .

I am still very sceptical regarding the faculty, and unless that doesnot get published I personally cannot take any decision on the same.

Guys/Gals,

Any updates on this college...

i was just going through the website.. of the college

I am planning to apply for the 1 year PGPM

any news about the college regarding the last dates, intrerviews,starting dates ...etc for the 1 year program

If you have any info please reply ..

cheers

The china college is supposed to be the best in china & yaa i agre they are talking nothin about the palcements is worring.

Visited this site a few days back and found some questionable points:

1.The Faculty has not been selected yet. (Except for the faculties from the other alliance collges with which the institute has tied up)
2.Being a new school on the block, the fees are exorbitantly high, 9 lacs +
3. Not a single line has been written about place ment

I will take a wait and watch stance about this college.

Hey I anted to know how effective the course can be & what advantage/diadvantage a program will have over a degree/diploma.....