Arithmetic for CAT 2013

6 Posts  ·  86 Users
About this group
Will post only Arithmetic Questions in this thread..Here is the 1st one A and B have,between them,Rs 1200. A spends 12% of his money B spends 20% of his money. They are left with a sum which constitutes 85% of the whole sum. Find out what am...
Page 1 of 1

please slove this .

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There are four beakers B1, B2, B3 and B4 with 2%, 4%, 6% and 8% milk solutions respectively. From each of the four beakers, some amount of mixture is taken out and poured into an empty beaker B5. B5 now has a solution of 5% milk. Read the two statements given below and mark the correct answer.

I. Amounts of mixtures taken from B1 and B4 are not equal.

II. Amounts of mixtures taken from B2 and B3 are equal.

If Statement I is false, Statement II has to be false.
If Statement I is true, Statement II has to be true.
If Statement I is false, Statement II has to be true.
It's amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit.
8 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

the cost of production of a 50 kg bag of cement is rs. 90 and it sold of rs 120. the govt. imposes a tax of 10% on the cost of production. if the govt. changes its policy and levises the 10% tax on the selling price instead of cost price , by what percent does the profit decrease?( assume selling price is unchanged)

Kindly come up with approch..lookroundlookround
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Q) If the sum of first n terms of A.P is P*n+Q*n^2 , where P and Q are constants, then common difference of A.P will Be..
Ans> 2Q (How?)

3 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Simple Alligation and Mixture question. Amount with A is Rs.750.

Khan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will post only Arithmetic Questions in this thread..Here is the 1st one

A and B have,between them,Rs 1200. A spends 12% of his money B spends 20% of his money. They are left with a sum which constitutes 85% of the whole sum. Find out what amount is left with A
(a) Rs 750
(b)Rs 800
(c)Rs 700
(d)Rs 660
1 comment
sandy8.ms
@sandy8.ms  ·  0 karma

can someone give the way to solve please?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...