Apalling incident at XLRI

264 Posts  ·  115 Users
About this group
i wud like to elaborate on the incident agent smith talk abt indirectly in his blog today. first of all i am not a student there i have heard this account from a friend and frankly i am apalled by it . Yesterday due to some reasons the "XLi...
Page 1 of 27

wayne_dc ... whats ur problem man , crybaby . get a life and get lost ... it doesnt take a genius to figure out from where ur from ... all those points u raised ... hmmm how about another pointer --- 3 newspapers printed the incident ... why wasnt this in ur post ... how come all the xl bloggers removed the post of one of ur profs ... and u question the authenticity of things when xl staff and a prof were quoted the incident took place ... and then u come on here and blah blah abt pg n others ... why ... if u think u r so great in analysing things and pointing fingers ... why dont u go ahead and get in touch with the newspaper editors and tell them that they did a mistake if u all want to protect the name of ur insti that much ... show us ur skills and do that , ... we dont give ***'s like u ... 2 post people and then logging in with new ids ... show us ur class ... , so go ahead .. get in touch with the media ... raise the issue with the 3 newspaper media , atleast things can get cleared up ( if it is not already isnt ) and then come here and post something meaningful if u can ever do so ...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Wayne,

First of all on reading your post it looks like the work of a columnist in a cheap gossip magazine.

You've joined the forum just around 4 day's back. Buddy let me tell you that we've been here a whole lot longer and have had discussions on a whole lot of subjects. We don't need a rank newbie to tell us that we're being incited. All of us have our own opinions and we're free to post them in this Discussion Forum and that's been the reason for the success of this community.

And what do you mean by earning more hits.........A while ago we had to shut down the Shoutbox because of excessive server load and that really makes your argument laughable . And if you think people are continuing to register on this forum just to know about some "Appaling Incidents at XLRI" then ur sadly mistaken pal cause there is a ton of other important news that people have to catch up on.

You say u've got verifiable reports that Pg & Shivhare were in this together......Well what's stopping you??........Let us know how you verified them??

I'm again repeating that if at all this issue was overblown (I still have my doubts) it's because of the posts u guys have been making.

Let's See how things have panned out from posts by Xlers

Post (1) No Clarification

Post (2) Absolutely Nothing Happened

Post (3) Just a Intro & Name Gathering Session

Post (4) It's a Tradition where People pretend to be drunk

Post (5) ????

9. Apparrently, this crook made a wise-crack in mumbai while he was in an inebriated state that he would never tender an apology when this thread dies down !

Man this has to be one of the cheapest bits of mud slinging i have ever seen.....Let us know ur source man or else just stop posting rubbish.

At the end of it......i think ur an Xler as well.........It's sad because u've again failed to throw any light on this issue.

Lastly, Don't make this a personal attack..........if ur posting something ..........post it to all members who have been a part of this discussion...........We're a community here........Hope you get it......If not take your time to look around before you post (Rule for all Newbies )

Wayne
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
The reason I made this post was :

1.After reading all these posts pages 1-13, felt the moderators here were either biased or resorting to cheap publicity just for the sake of more hits

Biased against? Against?We took up the cause for the Freshers in XL,some of whom were part of this place.And let's not talk abt hits,we are self-sufficient enough to garner them,without the help of a premier institute,which believes "Offence is the best of defence."

2. The timing of posts also indicated "pagalguy"
trying and inciting opinions time and again

Timing of posts? Incite opinions? U mean to say,if a member cheats us,we keep our opinions to ourselves,as they might incite others to post the same.And the whole forum posts only after pagalguy posts and we just follow what he says and we all are sycophants and only XLers have the ability to judge n formulate opinions and you and your institute can go to hell as we dont like "frog in the well" mentality folks amongst us.

Nah.Mr Wayne....lemme know if u forward ur other cheek after a slap.Then I might consider your statement of inciting and crap.

3. Also heard verifiable reports that pagalguy and shivhare were into this together right from the beginning ( mumbai is a small place isnt it pagalJI ? )

Lol!!!!! Grow up!! Reminds me of kids trying to cook up stories to cover their mistakes.Pagalguy and shivhare were into this since beginning,is it? And they decided to attack XLRI so that they can have more hits.Too much of bollywood in your jugular nerves,dude.
And mind mentioning the source of your "verifiable reports"?Let us verify them too.

4. Lastly, when the first posts on the first page pagalguy was apparently telling some XLRI student that he would soon send a journalist to Jamshedpur to investigate and publicize the incident.

5. All this, when he knew "bhasad" at xlri was a carefully pre-planned surprise and role-play exercise ending everyyear with a party in the end. The idea of this exercise is bring xl-juniors up-speed.

I dont get this.You guys are....so bad at this damage ctrl Mista!!!!!
If it was so,why did xman not admit tht it happened and was part of the process???
"A" says something happened,but not to this extent.
"B" says nothing happened at all.
"C" says it happened and was part of the "surprise".
A,B,C belong to the same place....and when junta questions,the forum is blamed for inciting and defaming and wht not!!!!!

You folks first decide wht stand you wanna take...making fools of urselves and then having enough nerve to come up and say we are doing all this for 'personal vendetta'!!!
Get a life!

6. But, alas PG connived with shivhare( who used to get his doses of info from an unsuspecting gf or a bf ? ) for petty gains.

Sick.

7. Now he posts a defensive reply
pagalguy Says
The issue was discussed on the forum by everyone and a newspaper covered it. They did the reporting and investigation, not us. As a discussion forum - we did what we had to.

He stated wht was the truth.We waited for u folks to tell us wht happened...and u ppl lied to us....taking us for granted...and when we decided to dirty our hands by getting down to the roots of the problem,u folks cry foul...and blame it on pagalguy who has NOTHING to gain ( but I doubt if tht point ever gets into ur head,as tht seems to be the sole "offence" you folks are fighting us with! )....and now by trying to corner pagalguy,wht do u think you guys are acheiving?Huh?Wanna scare rest of us? Not working :wink:

8. Also came to know that .. well forget it ... all of u here ..cannot write anything against the GOD here ? can u cowards ???

Also came to know that...well forget it...all of you there..cannot stand by wht u say,accept the truth,be humble? can u .....well...me falling short of adjectives here...air-headed,snobbish,immoral bunch of crooks? (hurts,doesnt it? )

All of u keep giving it to him .. how can u take a stand ... you have been brain-washed into believing this "internet-crook" ( copyright whoever posted this on the blog site)

9. Apparrently, this crook made a wise-crack in mumbai while he was in an inebriated state that he would never tender an apology when this thread dies down !

Internet crook! 😃 ....Check thyself and thy companions before making accusations...you'll be overhelmed by ur sins 😃

The reason? "To admit one's mistake is the greatest fault one can make ... Remember the eleventh commandment Thou shall not get caught? ! "

Man!!!!! now I get it!!! All of you are following this commandment,arnt u!!!?? 😁

Well I guess you time has run-out "Al-Whine", hasnt it pagalJI?

Time shall tell,who's time has run-out,dude,trust us.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wayne_dc,

Your thoroughly entertaining and contrived post made for wonderful reading. On this instance however, its turned out to be absolutely futile. :|

So here goes,
We PGites hereby dare you to take on the newspapers that printed reports of your so-called "traditions".

We're just a merry community made of a cool bunch of people who are just concerned about our friends and our careers. Its is the newspapers that you perhaps want to go after. So kindly don't waste your time here anymore and do what *really* needs to be done for "damage control".

Posting a reply here without doing the aforementioned would be ample proof of the hollowness of your stand, not to speak of your cowardice.

Regards,

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The reason I made this post was :

1.After reading all these posts pages 1-13, felt the moderators here were either biased or resorting to cheap publicity just for the sake of more hits

2. The timing of posts also indicated "pagalguy"
trying and inciting opinions time and again

3. Also heard verifiable reports that pagalguy and shivhare were into this together right from the beginning ( mumbai is a small place isnt it pagalJI ? )

4. Lastly, when the first posts on the first page pagalguy was apparently telling some XLRI student that he would soon send a journalist to Jamshedpur to investigate and publicize the incident.

5. All this, when he knew "bhasad" at xlri was a carefully pre-planned surprise and role-play exercise ending everyyear with a party in the end. The idea of this exercise is bring xl-juniors up-speed.

6. But, alas PG connived with shivhare( who used to get his doses of info from an unsuspecting gf or a bf ? ) for petty gains.

7. Now he posts a defensive reply

pagalguy Says
The issue was discussed on the forum by everyone and a newspaper covered it. They did the reporting and investigation, not us. As a discussion forum - we did what we had to.

8. Also came to know that .. well forget it ... all of u here ..cannot write anything against the GOD here ? can u cowards ???

All of u keep giving it to him .. how can u take a stand ... you have been brain-washed into believing this "internet-crook" ( copyright whoever posted this on the blog site)

The reason? "To admit one's mistake is the greatest fault one can make ... Remember the eleventh commandment Thou shall not get caught? ! "

Well I guess you time has run-out "Al-Whine", hasnt it pagalJI?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I ve been out of sync with the whole thing last few days! dont understand why the junta thinks PG had somethin against XL personally.It was so easy for allwyn to go on a power trip in such a situation..and get his 15 mins of fame..which he dint..cmon...lets credit the guy with some intelligence...he could have banned all posts against him..and for the life of us..we wudnt have got to know..And to me, the last thing here shud have been, arguing jus for the heck of it, gettin one brownie point over another..damn..lets jus move on guys...if anythin...Pagal guy as a community has only bettered our lives in more ways than one:)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Its funny how you all make it sound like a personal vendetta. The issue was discussed on the forum by everyone and a newspaper covered it. They did the reporting and investigation, not us. As a discussion forum - we did what we had to.

If you really have any issues, feel free to contact the newspapers involved and ask them for further clarification and let us know the truth. We would be interested as well.

I've had enough of you guys gunning after me with all kinds of nonsensical statements. The NEWSPAPERS published it. Go rubbish it if you dare. If you think the DAILY PIONEER printed lies, why don't you take it up with them ??? The DAILY PIONEER reported and investigated it. You can go take a look at their website and you are free to contact them and tell them what you think of their report. If you think the newspaper has just fabricated the entire story, feel free to take it up with them.

Enough of you people posting nonsense everywhere stating its a personal vendetta. You XLers have even masqueraded as Chandoo on Simba's blog. I have the IPs. You guys are out trying to defame us!

Command like a king, work like a slave.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wud like to elaborate on the incident agent smith talk abt indirectly in his blog today.

first of all i am not a student there i have heard this account from a friend and frankly i am apalled by it .

What the hell! XLers, please clarify if this is true or not .. I'd rather hear from someone who is in XL ...

If any part of it is true, I'm ashamed. Ashamed to the levels the guys stoop and call it 'fun'.

Last edited by pagalguy on Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

====================================
Hi everyone am posting just to clarify a few things ..
the account i got was horrifying indeed ...but i have some doubts about the
account given in the media ..as for as i know and i have cross checked so i
know for sure...none of the seniors touched any juniors ....nothing actually
happend .. .. ...i repeat no kissing or grabbing attempts by any one..Daily
Pioneer really went overboard with their account..I dont think they even
went to the campus to investigate.. Also it seems it was tradition called
"bhasad" .no one was actually drunk but they were acting that way ...It was
all preplanned so no question of any actual physical harassment taking place
====================================

There used to be an old joke about a news item in a paper, which read:

"As our readers know, we are always the first to bring you news of your
interest. Yesterday, we were the first to tell you that the President is a
debauch, and has illicit relations with a many married women - no other
newspaper reported this news!... Today, we are the first ones to give you
the news that this news was wrong!!!"

PagalJI ... any regrets for jumping the gun and taking people for a ride ?

Can we have some announcement or apology from your side ?

Or do you want to sweep this underneath the carpet having fulfilled your vendetta?

And what about all the "smart alecs" who are now suffering from "foot-in-the-mouth" due to their wise cracks earlier?

Any sense of shame or guilt?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

End this crap.....lock this thread. We have done what we had to - after a point, such vituperative posts will only generate more heat than light.

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys/Gals

What you have heard about the happenings in XLRI is true. Its true that juniors once they land up in XLRI undergo a designed process of getting introduced to XL culture...

It starts with the juniors arriving a week earlier then the seniors. Juniors have total freedom. Then the seniors appear. Initially the seniors are friendly and slowly the juniors gets cold shouldered. Within a week, the juniors go through a process of identifying good seniors and bad seniors ala good cop and bad cop. Roles of all seniors are clearly defined. Everyone plays their part. Including the autowallahs and chaiwallah (bisu and dadu is what they are called) who wait outside.

Yes as someone pointed out the climax is the "bhasad" nite or OMAXI nite (read today's Brand Equity on Old Monk ... You will know what I am talking about) .... And this is the night when the juniors are welcomed to the mafia called XLER's. Its the initiation rite. Call it old ... call it outdated. XLERs across generation remembers the OMAXI nite and the emotions attached to it goes beyond the 2 years at XLRI it gets jobsit gets life partners also...

let me pass on a secret ... One group only had to target the most hysterical and nervous students and load them with false information about everything ... starting from payment of fees, to passing grades ... things may have changed but the spirit am sure would remain the same ...

Hope this clarifies and rest all doubts ... Good you people have discussed it.. Helped me relive what I went through and what I did ... believe me every second of it was enjoyable ... the tension, the coteries, role allocations, dialogues, and targets to look for...whew i miss it all...

and all you XLERs out there ... the challenge for you juniors would be next year ... with all the secrets out .. how will you people do encore for your junior batch??? Think it over .. but out of discussion groups and agent smiths ...

XL we do things differently ... chosen few are part of it, others are jealous
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...