anyone with a droped year(failed?) n converted a call?

14 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
HI hUmanity, urs truly failed an year in Enginering college. :x does that hamper my prospects at CAT??? :: well!!!! best way to know that is to post a querry here. :: anyone who has cracked it with a background of acadmic failure ...
Page 1 of 2

what do u mean by screwed acads can u give more details as to which university and what was ur percentage also do u have any exceptional achievements to ur name like a GOLD MEDAL or so
wud appreciate if replied personally or on the thread

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
HI hUmanity,
urs truly failed an year in Enginering college. :x
does that hamper my prospects at CAT???
well!!!! best way to know that is to post a querry here.
anyone who has cracked it with a background of acadmic failure
will bring me n many more some hope. 😛

Does having any workex, be any help

pg's pour ur experiences.
😁 :P

Dear Friend,

I am in my fifth year of BBA. yet to attempt any paper. Reason is, I am in mktg dept of a MNC. When the exams come it will be year/ quarter/ half-year end for us. So skipped all the exams for that career.

But this time a lit'l bit more planned. Attempting all the three year in a strech with a confidence that I am a board rankholder in Engineering Diploma examinations '98and will clear all these..and attempting CAT this time.

bye

me

phew..........did i hear dimmy making it to IIM-A??

Great!! can u pls tell cat percentile and also about ur prep.?

i have a similar prob.. due to medical..health probs.. i couldnt attend a whole of sem..so no attendance.. had lost a year.. but my acedemics are quite good throughout.. does this mean i can just forget iim a .. !!

Hey!

don't rule out any chances...
Just mug up for cat well....crack it well and if the reasons were medical and health problems also u have a good academic record with u no insti will rule u out...

So gear up with enthu towards 21st nov. 2004 :)

-Akshat

agreed ,
please elaborate about ur experience with ur cat score and...emm...how ur interview went.

hey jeeves sunil :shock: wat a name
it doesn't affect it at all... take that from me.
I was dockeda year in engineering for lack of attendance ... ahmedabad ruled that against me and didnt even give me a gd/pi call... :shock:
but i converted the remaining 5 into final admits.

so, point is, if u r good at cat, and good a gd/pi , u r thru
-----
r.

hi rajeev,
i have a similar prob.. due to medical..health probs.. i couldnt attend a whole of sem..so no attendance.. had lost a year.. but my acedemics are quite good throughout.. does this mean i can just forget iim a .. !! I started with a ray of hope .. but... how did the iims look at ur lost year.. could u share ur experience with me?

Hey Buddy I am a Bcom grad

And I got 27 in my economics paper,I guess I failed in that paper,but i didn't have to drop a yr because i did it in my final yr and managed to pass overall.

But as u can C that I got thru IIM Cal will put all ur doubts to rest.

CIAO 😃

Diwakar

Had not dropped a year but had couple of backlogs in my 1st and 2nd sem ,thats about it, Some B-schools ask for an undertaking that but sep -oct we need to submit our certificates if one can manage them it's ok.

thanks yaar, 😁

Looks like there is some hope,
if u people could just ad ur background( as in iit's-rec's or any other college) n cat percentile( if possible break up )
it will help.

What i know that SP does not consider anyone with some blemish in acads even for interviews :oops: .Luks like got to add ahmd to that list after what rajeev says.

GSK.. i flunked my first year... 😐
Agreed my MNC work ex will help.

BUT the prerequisite remains to be a great cat score.
What i want to confirm is that if ...i "earn" a great percentile...
what r my chances for a call.
this is very important as lot of career choices depend on it.if cat aint made for guys with my background......
damit ..i will have to do something better(if there exist something of that kind)

but dimwitz u really r making me feel its possible i too crawled back.

i plan to repeat ur feet.thanks yaar.