Anyone - Penn State Smeal MBA

28 Posts  ·  23 Users
About this group
Hi guys I have applied for Penn State Smeal MBA, and I have got an interview call next week, anybody who has given interview for Penn state please provide insights.:neutral: My profile 710 GMAT, 2yrs exp by june 2006 in IT, BE (mech) DC...
Page 1 of 3

Moderators, can you close this thread please ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,

I am a current student at Smeal and would love to help you in your Smeal application process.

Please check the Smeal College of Business fall 2011 admissions thread here:-

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/60023-smeal-college-business-fall-2011-a.html#post2349330

This link would be the primary link for this year's admissions.You can direct all your admission related and general queries in the aforementioned link.

Thanks and see you there !

Varun Verma
MBA Candidate - Class of 2012
Smeal College of Business
Pennsylvania State University

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
had my interview with smeal mba comittee and did pretty well...any one ? is it worth going to smeal...i have a long term plan to come back to india, not sure smeal is a big brand name in india..cna anyone tell me that? also what would be the career progression after smeal

have plan to be in consulting....

Hi

This is a very old thread (2 yrs old). The thread for Fall 2008 admission is http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/smeal-mba-penn-state-university-25019194

Please post your comments here

Regards
Raj
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

had my interview with smeal mba comittee and did pretty well...any one ? is it worth going to smeal...i have a long term plan to come back to india, not sure smeal is a big brand name in india..cna anyone tell me that? also what would be the career progression after smeal

have plan to be in consulting....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi

I too used the only system to report the score, and paid 28$ ??:
But I took the GMAT in 2005, how abt u when did u take the GMAT ??
That link does not show anything ...:(

Rohit

I too took it up in 2005, sept... though i reported my scores end of december... so the problem must be cos of the change in codes with pearson taking over the GMAT...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi eternal_insane

I too applied for additional GMAT score for another school from mba.com and they too haven't received, I emailed GMAT people but I got no response.
Did Smeal B school recieve your score ??
Let me know if u have any idea how to know the status of this report.

Rohit

Hey

even I had used the online facility and taken the exam in 2005 but sent the score report in 2006
Now the problem is dat Pearson(the new vendor for gmat) has different school codes....ithas digits and nos. in it... whereas ETS had diff codes...
I had mailed to GMATCandidateServicesAmericas@pearson.comand got an immediate respose from them. They said that they have already sent the score to the school and to contact them but still havent heard from them....
The best way to send the scores to them is by phone..They have an India no too...
it is +91 (0) 120 532 4628, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
datewithdestiny Says
was wondering if u ppl used the online reporting system or the faxed version? cos i had reported using the online facility and it was reported in two days... and the status was mentioned in the same link... now just wondering if i had paid more for tht service? how much did ya guys pay for the additonal report... i had to pay $28

Hi

I too used the only system to report the score, and paid 28$ ??:
But I took the GMAT in 2005, how abt u when did u take the GMAT ??
That link does not show anything ...:(

Rohit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi eternal_insane

I too applied for additional GMAT score for another school from mba.com and they too haven't received, I emailed GMAT people but I got no response.

Rohit

was wondering if u ppl used the online reporting system or the faxed version? cos i had reported using the online facility and it was reported in two days... and the status was mentioned in the same link... now just wondering if i had paid more for tht service? how much did ya guys pay for the additonal report... i had to pay $28
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey..

I just received a mail from Smeal saying that they have not received my GMAT score report though I had forwarded that through mba.com.... how did youll send your score reports?.. shoukd I reply them saying that I have already sent the score or what??

Hi eternal_insane

Rohit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gud feedback Rohit...thanks a lot...
will help me a lot...

HI
I had my interview last Friday.
The interview was conducted by Tim, a second year student of the current batch at Smeal MBA.
First the Tim introduced himself told me which line he is going to work in etc.
The interview went as follows
Q: Why Smeal ?
A: Blah, blah, something abt Smeal I read on the site.
Q: Why Now ? Why MBA ?
A...
Q: Give example of team work
A: gave one of my current job ...
Q: Give example of bad experience in a team ..
A....
Q: How do u define leadership etc...
Q: example of a leader who failed.
A: screw up on this one.....
Q: Which specialization ?
A: Marketing ...
Q: why marketing ? and what in marketing B2B, B2C ?
A:...
Well thats about it...
The interview atmosphere was very cordial and frank.
& Swapnil best of luck for your interview.
Cheers
Rohit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...