Anyone in at Rice for fall 2010?

26 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Anyone been accepted to Rice?
Page 1 of 3

Just completed the interview. It was great. Finished in less than 20 minutes...was short, isnt it ? .....Questions asked :

1) Why MBA ? Why Now ? Why Rice
2) Tell me about a leadership expereince. Lookin back would you have done things differently ?
3) Supply chain / ops is not a strong area at Rice. Have u applied to supply chain focussed programs ? How do u think u will achieve your goals at Rice ?
4) I asked him how what were his expectations of Rice MBA and what has been his own expereince at Rice and what are the areas of improvement ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

DId u get an admit ppa3005 ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have applied in the last round on Apr 4

My profile :

GMAT : 660

Work Exp : 6 yrs ; 2.5 yrs in IT and 3.5 yrs in Energy transportation (commercial)

Post MBA goal : Supply Chain in Energy industry

Anyone who applied in the last round ?

Lalit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone else applied or heard back?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey, sorry if it came out wrong. Everyone knows Emory is ranked higher than Rice and I am not comparing the 2 schools. All I was trying to point out was that:

1.) The infrastructure at Rice is actually better.. because it is newer.
2.) If by the quality of education you mean how classes are taught.. I do not think there is much difference in the quality between Rice and Emory.

That's all I wanted to point out :)
Emory has a bigger brand name and alumni base.. that makes it easier for students in networking.

Hey, its all right.. You may have a better idea than me.. and your points are all accepted.. keep rockin... 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Digvijay_Singh Says
Hey dude.. I hold nothing against rice... If you read my post properly, i have in fact praised its finance and energy programs and many other things there.. Even i said that houston factor helps in big salaries... Both Emory and Rice have similar infrastructure and its just a matter of personal bias/opinion... And people can have different views - you may believe that rice is better than emory even after checking their rankings.. But i believe there are more things than salary and that is why rice is lower in all rankings than emory.. rankings take all the factors in consideration.. Wharton is way ahead of the league and not comparable to rice.. And my friend had an interview with a first year.. dont know if that is normal or his case was an exception.. but thats my viewpoint.. Rice may be the best fit due to several of its strengths for several people, but my view is emory wins over rice... and i have not taken any classes there... so again saying that I am not critical of rice in any aspect.. just biased towards emory due to my viewpoint and preferences...

Hey, sorry if it came out wrong. Everyone knows Emory is ranked higher than Rice and I am not comparing the 2 schools. All I was trying to point out was that:

1.) The infrastructure at Rice is actually better.. because it is newer.
2.) If by the quality of education you mean how classes are taught.. I do not think there is much difference in the quality between Rice and Emory.

That's all I wanted to point out :)
Emory has a bigger brand name and alumni base.. that makes it easier for students in networking.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hookemhorns86 Says
Rice has way better infrastructure than Emory. How can you compare Emory and Wharton together? And the interviews are conducted by 2nd year students. And what makes you think the quality of education at Rice is not comparable to Emory? Have you attended their classes?

Hey dude.. I hold nothing against rice... If you read my post properly, i have in fact praised its finance and energy programs and many other things there.. Even i said that houston factor helps in big salaries... Both Emory and Rice have similar infrastructure and its just a matter of personal bias/opinion... And people can have different views - you may believe that rice is better than emory even after checking their rankings.. But i believe there are more things than salary and that is why rice is lower in all rankings than emory.. rankings take all the factors in consideration.. Wharton is way ahead of the league and not comparable to rice.. And my friend had an interview with a first year.. dont know if that is normal or his case was an exception.. but thats my viewpoint.. Rice may be the best fit due to several of its strengths for several people, but my view is emory wins over rice... and i have not taken any classes there... so again saying that I am not critical of rice in any aspect.. just biased towards emory due to my viewpoint and preferences...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Rice is well known for its finance and energy programs. Its mba is damn costly though. I heard that they have reduced number of international students slightly this year due to relatively less placements of International students. As for Indians, I have seen one of my friend being rejected after a good interview even at 710 score.
I dont have a good feeling about their admissions process. Their interviews are taken by first year students, who i doubt are as adept at accurately identifying potential and promise of applicants. Maybe interviews with the admissions committee will not only do good for measuring the applicant's strengths, but will also provide better chances at scholarship, since the interviewer can vouch for a candidate in admissions committee meetings.
I would say that though Houston factor and small class size definitely helps getting good salaries, but quality of education and infrastructure can never be compared to likes of Emory and Wharton.
But evantually it all comes down to an applicant's preferences and priorities in the end.. Rice may or may not be a good option for him..

Rice has way better infrastructure than Emory. How can you compare Emory and Wharton together? And the interviews are conducted by 2nd year students. And what makes you think the quality of education at Rice is not comparable to Emory? Have you attended their classes?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Rice is well known for its finance and energy programs. Its mba is damn costly though. I heard that they have reduced number of international students slightly this year due to relatively less placements of International students. As for Indians, I have seen one of my friend being rejected after a good interview even at 710 score.
I dont have a good feeling about their admissions process. Their interviews are taken by first year students, who i doubt are as adept at accurately identifying potential and promise of applicants. Maybe interviews with the admissions committee will not only do good for measuring the applicant's strengths, but will also provide better chances at scholarship, since the interviewer can vouch for a candidate in admissions committee meetings.
I would say that though Houston factor and small class size definitely helps getting good salaries, but quality of education and infrastructure can never be compared to likes of Emory and Wharton.
But evantually it all comes down to an applicant's preferences and priorities in the end.. Rice may or may not be a good option for him..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,
Im new to this thread.. i applied in R3 and got an interview invite from Rice.have scheduled it next week..Could you please share your interview experience and the questions.
Would be a great help
Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...