anyone even thinking B over A

22 Posts  ·  16 Users
About this group
hey ppl, i got final calls from ABC..thought wud be interesting to know the views of u guys..on this topic. Bglr over AHmed. i know it sounds crazy.. but is anyone out there even thinkin along this lines? I know one guy from IIT-M...
Page 1 of 3

hi guys,

thanks sid and satan for those confidence boosters!
im really going to dig in deep by talkin to my seniors and alumni of both A and B and then make a compare and Contrast between the two hallowed portals ....
coz i have heard that the systems programme of B is reallly good and given my comp sc. background mite suit my career path...(though i gave the PI panel some bullshit abt starting up a lifestyle marketing and management firm for sports personalities 😛 )

one more question.... when is the class of 2006 commencing its venture towards "salvation" ??? ne info on that??? IIM B is starting from 30th June...

post in ur comments guys...

cheers , ayan.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
hey guys.

while Bangalore is better than Ahmedabad......

really? i'd go to Ahmedabad just for a change, now that I've had enough of Bangalore. Just hope the traffic is better isn't as bad if I ever have the time to go out of campus

Ayan has made a point, its better to be in top wherever you are .. as this may be a deciding factor at the time of placements too .... how many of us agree to this ?

Also have heard that IIMB is strong at Systems may be due to silicon valley's close proximity another factor can be the lateral placemenst at IIMB .. ( I have taked to a 2000 batch alumni )

Can any senior from B throw some light on it ...

B.Tech Comp. Sci. IIT Kgp
Got calls from IIMA, IIMC and waiting for IIMB
Still wondering if he is good enuf ... I know buddy my experience at IIT was also pretty humbling though I did well. Don't underestimate yourself puhlleeezzzzz .. u r belittling others dOOd ...
Sure to see you at IIMA ayan :mg

hey guys.

while Bangalore is better than Ahmedabad...... IIMA is most definetely better than IIMB. there r some companies like Goldman Sachs which come ONLY to A and not to B. why not maximize ur chances of a better job and go to A ???

cheers
pushkar

P.S: shrijit ... in A u can atleast try for GS while in B u cant even do that

Hi Ayan,

Just remember one thing.......to be in an IIM ins not the end in itself.
We have greater dreams...dreams of unparalled success...& in such a case won't u like to rub shoulders with the best , to find out that can u take what it needs to be at the top.

No point in topping at a lesser coll( Now IIMs by no means fall in that category...)
You'll learn much more even by finishing 50th in 50 of A.

Remember there's no escaping stress, u can just postpone it.
And with u in IIT , I don't think I shud be telling u that

raring to cya at IIMA

hi Guys,

well heres adding to the "mad"ness of even "daring" to think B over A.

Muh current Situation is that i have A n C and have been waitlisted at B.

have always had a desire to go to B ever since i had been on their campus 2 years back. never been to A though, but with my bro being an A grad got decent inputs from their campus life as well...so all this time B had been more or less my first preference...!

U know GUYS , a few years back i had gone to the counselling Session for IIT-JEE at IIT Kharagpur and i remember the the Director making a very pertinent point:---
IN A CLASS OF 50 GENIUSES SOMEBODY HAS TO FINISH 50TH.

WELL , ill explain u further if u havent got my point...look buddies im from comp. sc. IIT KGP and i know how tough life can get when u got geniuses all around. i got screwed quite royally, partly due to my own "care a damn" attitude and partly due to the sheeer competitiveness and brillliance of the gang. So now that i have converted A,C and waiting for B, i have really started asking myself questions!

AM i up for 2 years of "GRILLING" (quote/unquote by an iim-A grad. i.e,my own Bro..cuurently in CITIBANK) ??? that is the question ....i am not saying that IIM-B or IIM-C is not tough but wudnt u guys agree they are relatively more peaceful?

well do put in ur comments .....and sorry if i sounded utterly negative..im just dong a reality chek!!!

and on a lighter vein ...NEBODY WILLING TO TRADE B FOR A

CHEERS, ayan.

Guys B-school in India can b divided in two :

IIMA & Rest.....

Now i don't think that it is tuff to choose between the two.

and why is B over A .. good weather and good city/nightlife/pubs?
reputation,interns and placements would make u decide in favor of A .. as for me I wud have chosen C over B coz of better opportunities in finance there .. but since I have got A also .. there I go

hey do any of you guys have stats as to how many people chose A over B last time
???