Any updates on New Schedule, CAT 2009?

499 Posts  ·  188 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, If anyone gets confirmation (via SMS/Email/call) from CAT Candidate Service/Prometric on the new schedule, for those tests which were cancelled due to technical glitches, center problems, virus etc., please do post the information yo...
Page 1 of 50
Guys...now everyone has decided abt retake......so lets start discussing the stratergy for the retake exm.......

looking at the dec cat....i think the level of diffculty shuld not be changed ....i hvn't solved any previous year cat papers so i hve started solving those papers frm 99 because the mock cat papers of time and other institutes are no way near to the dec cat.......

wht u all guys say.....plz share......

All strategy related and other discussions regarding CAT 09 retest may take place here - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/calling-all-candidates-scheduled-to-retest-cat-25049041/1836034

Since this thread has served its purpose, (the new schedule has been announced) it will be closed soon.

Regards
AFC
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Guys...now everyone has decided abt retake......so lets start discussing the stratergy for the retake exm.......

looking at the dec cat....i think the level of diffculty shuld not be changed ....i hvn't solved any previous year cat papers so i hve started solving those papers frm 99 because the mock cat papers of time and other institutes are no way near to the dec cat.......

wht u all guys say.....plz share......

Hi Puys,

If anyone gets confirmation (via SMS/Email/call) from CAT Candidate Service/Prometric on the new schedule, for those tests which were cancelled due to technical glitches, center problems, virus etc., please do post the information you have got. I suggest the below format:

1. Original Test date and slot:
2. Reason for the cancellation (if known):
3. New testing date and slot:
4. Time and date on which you received the new schedule:
5. Is there an option to choose the dates for the new schedule:
6. Your experience in rescheduling:

This will definitely help fellow puys.

MODs, please help to make this thread as informative as possible, so that all the 8000+ candidates(for whom test has been cancelled) will be benefited.
Please modify the content of this post if required, so that it can be made even clearer.

Thanking PG,
ats002

Sry..wrongly posted

Dear Mods,
Just like u guys made a spreadsheet for problems with cat(during cat period). can we make a sheet for problems with conduct of retest. as told in the homepage article we can include the below problems.
1. eligible for retest but not given a chance.
2. Not eligible but yet given a chance.
3. Making the retest optional to people for whom it should be compulsory and vice vorca.
4. Problems during actual retest conduct.(on 30/31)
5. Any other problems.

This will give us a stock of the current situation, as to how many are still affected. And also later on it is surely going to strengthen the case Harsa is fighting for.

I think you will take a serious consideration of the above.

RM86
@RM86  ·  518 karma
Hey puys

I got email from prometric few days back that i have option to retake cat.

I want to appear for it again but there is no procedure mention in the email or website that how to inform them that i want to reappear.

thaough they have mentioned in the email that if u dont want reappear thn email and inform us.

kindly reply asap. how to inform or apply???????

even i had the same dilemma...even i wana give the retest...so called the candidate care...i asked theem if i need to give a telephonic / mail confirmation....the guy told me that no such confirmations are rqd...the default option is YES for the retst...they told me to wait for the details that will be dispatched to us on 23rd...so chill bro...start preparing .atb
:cheerio:

Hey puys

I got email from prometric few days back that i have option to retake cat.

I want to appear for it again but there is no procedure mention in the email or website that how to inform them that i want to reappear.

thaough they have mentioned in the email that if u dont want reappear thn email and inform us.

kindly reply asap. how to inform or apply???????

The candidate care line is closed on Sundays. WTF?

1800 103 9293
IIM-CAT Contact Us

Hi All,

I have a big concern. I just went through the 7 criteria specified by IIMs. I think i fall under category 5. My test was disrupted for 2 hours due to some glitches. does that mean clock time exceeded 140 mins? I am yet to receive any notifications from Prometric? What to do now? Can anyone share the candidate care number or mail id?

u have decent attempts yaar....if u r sure that ur accuracy will be around 85 to 90% thn don't go for it again.....i have 42 attempts .....i m sure abt my QA and DI section but not sure abt VA .... i believe tht i can do better with no of attempts so i m going for retake option.....SO if u think u can perform better go for it else don't go for it as u already have gud no of attempts.......in the end u have to take decision........

But truely speakin ths type of situation shuld not be in front of us......if it is there thn it shuld be for all.........Ek side retest nhi di aur accha result nhi aya to baad me aisa feel hoga ki option tha phir bi nhi di......dusri side retest di aur result accha nahi aya thn aisa hoga ki faltu me de di......Because of this dilemma i screwed my last 2 days.....