Any success stories with a score of 600?

21 Posts  ·  16 Users
About this group
hey all...got a score of 600...finding it very difficult to shortlist institutes...m open to all the regions but finance is a constraint..can someone help....thanx!
Page 1 of 3

Hi People! Took my test today and got a score of 600. Q 45 & V 28. m disheartened. In my mocks, i consistently scored 32-34. The low verbal score pulled the overall score down, i guess. I was aiming for MBS, Rotterdam, Warwick, NUSB n Nanyang. Do I have any luck with these? Or retaking the GMAT will be a better option?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Susie Derkins Says
You know what's gonna be more useful? The entire section "B School Discussions for MBA abroad".. read every post... it's Republic Day.. a holiday I guess... spend today reading this and you'll become so much wiser... and you'll post smthg where we can really help you... right now you are still a virgin.

Ha ha ha. Very well said. I concur. Manishkaka, in fact, when you complete reading all the posts, even you will start giving advices to others--at least the common and generic ones.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Manishkaka Says
Thanks a lot to all of u. This thread has been quite useful for me.

You know what's gonna be more useful? The entire section "B School Discussions for MBA abroad".. read every post... it's Republic Day.. a holiday I guess... spend today reading this and you'll become so much wiser... and you'll post smthg where we can really help you... right now you are still a virgin.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys

I recently gave my GMAT. got a horrible score 650 (28 E, 51 M). :sad: :sad: :sad:

i m a BE with 2 years work ex in IT (1.5 Infy + 0.5 Amdocs)
I am looking for a decent 1 to 1.5 yrs MBA course in "General Management".
I want to apply for 2007 only.

I know my score is not good for a top 20-25 university. But I wont mind going to a top 30-50 univ.

You guys here might have done a bit study on universities....

please suggest some universities i can look for...

i have thought of trying for ESADE and RSM.. please suggest some similar universities.

I want to apply in atleast 8-10 universities.

Thanks a lot to all of u. This thread has been quite useful for me.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
anu_bh15 Says
i am a bcom graduate from the marketing field with a work ex of 5+ yrs ...at present m working as a team Lead in a market research firm.....gmat 600..acads - average..no major achievemnt in school..:-(

Though i cannot get a complete picture of your profile, it sure is a weak one in terms of acads and gmat. 5 yrs WE and if you are able to demonstrate quality in that would be a strong point for you. But again, considering that you have a 3 yr degree, I would advise you to prepare strongly for your GMAT and retake it. Try boosting it into the 670+ ranges. I would also suggest that you take some classes in math/calculus to get your average acads factor minimised.

You have not given any info on your xtra-curr/comm service activities. Try enhancing those areas also. You have lots work to do but it will be worth the effort. ATB!!

cheers
sid
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ask the importance of GMAT scores to any AdComm person or admissions consultant - you will hear the same response:
"A good GMAT score does not guarantee you anything, while a bad GMAT score might keep you out"

I think that sums it up very well.

If i were that someone who has a GMAT score which is lesser than the lowest score represented in the "middle 80%" of my target B School, i would definitely retake the test.

i entirely agree with Iday there.
so wont write anything else.
:|
GMAT Blog http://gmat.amrute.me
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i am a bcom graduate from the marketing field with a work ex of 5+ yrs ...at present m working as a team Lead in a market research firm.....gmat 600..acads - average..no major achievemnt in school..:-(

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
nitin_gmat Says
Just to add what i have realize so far. GMAT score plays a considerable role even after the graduation. I didn't about other industries but major consulting firms do take GMAT into the consideration for fresh MBA Graduates. Bain and group has specifically put the GMAT score section in their application form for employment and internship.

i am aware of that however, GMAT alone cannot be the criteria. Bain and other leading consultants like monitor see your background in detail along woith your acedemic background. But a good score definatley helps
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
how does a career switch benefit from GMAT? i think the more traditional the profile the higher the score required. A normal corporate job will demand a high score especially if one is from consulting and investment banking.

PY

Just to add what i have realize so far. GMAT score plays a considerable role even after the graduation. I didn't about other industries but major consulting firms do take GMAT into the consideration for fresh MBA Graduates. Bain and group has specifically put the GMAT score section in their application form for employment and internship.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ask the importance of GMAT scores to any AdComm person or admissions consultant - you will hear the same response:
"A good GMAT score does not guarantee you anything, while a bad GMAT score might keep you out"

I think that sums it up very well.

If i were that someone who has a GMAT score which is lesser than the lowest score represented in the "middle 80%" of my target B School, i would definitely retake the test.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...