Any one from NC-OBC converted IIMs with less than 94 percentile?

16 Posts  ·  63 Users
About this group
Any one from NC-OBC converted IIMs or any other good institutes with less than 94 percentile in CAT 2011?
Page 1 of 2

thanks for the helpful thread guys .

CATaholic !!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@boombaat said: y was it of no usebtw what was the least percentile that got selected in FMS this year?
It is of no use because it is very difficult to convert at so low %le. They give 70% weigtage
to CAT score. I don't know exactly what was the least %le. But I didn't hear anyone converting below 90%le.
Waiting for IIM Indore PGP at MUmbai juniors to join
@moti said: the cut off for FMS was 86%le, but it was of no use.
y was it of no use? btw what was the least percentile that got selected in FMS this year??
NITIE Batch of 2015-17
@boombaat said: dude congrats for your selection! i want to know, if you were able to attend the FMS gd/pi with your percentile? and if yes, what was the cut off ?
the cut off for FMS was 86%le, but it was of no use.
Waiting for IIM Indore PGP at MUmbai juniors to join
@Speedo said: Certainly high score helps a lot in conversion....otherwise for converting a call to tier1 institute , one must be having gud profile and strong communication skill, otherwise it becomes difficult to convert if u r below 95 percentile. For me at 87.24 percentile, I was only able to convert LBSIM,Nirma,IIT roorkee(wl-2) and got rejects from fms and iit khragpur. But I got 45 in iift and got a convert from IIFT kolkota so most probably will be joining there.
dude congrats for your selection!

i want to know, if you were able to attend the FMS gd/pi with your percentile? and if yes, what was the cut off ?
NITIE Batch of 2015-17

@[476308:rakesh2k11]

@rakesh2k11 said: Yes, one of my friend (NC-OBC) with CAT percentile 92.3 converted FMS yesterday.
hw much he had in 10th , 12th ?
was he an engg or non-engg??
pls reply.. thnx in advance...

i have this doubt kindly do clarify

i have this doubt, my caste falls under national OBC list, so will i be able to apply under NC-OBC is it that my my family's annual revenue must also be less than 4.5 lakhs. should it satisfy both these conditions or any one of the two ????

my second question is that , should i specify that i belong to a NC_OBC during my initial CAT application or only at the time Of Interview ..........

thanks buddy..and congrats for IIFT convert 😃

suri1986 Says
Hello...anyone else? plz respond..!!

Certainly high score helps a lot in conversion....otherwise for converting a call to tier1 institute , one must be having gud profile and strong communication skill, otherwise it becomes difficult to convert if u r below 95 percentile.
For me at 87.24 percentile, I was only able to convert LBSIM,Nirma,IIT roorkee(wl-2) and got rejects from fms and iit khragpur.
But I got 45 in iift and got a convert from IIFT kolkota so most probably will be joining there.

Hello...anyone else? plz respond..!!