An ode to our teachers!

7 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
*Added my Mahip:* Edited the thread title and reopened after user's request. Making this a generic thread to post about your teachers! But I don't know how many here shall understand the post abt some particular teacher of any specific coll...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,

I was in the meeting with the second year guys regarding what electives to take , and I was pleasently surpised to hear about a course called Sales Management .. which was to be taken by Mohan Kuruvilla ... That guy is one of the best guys to lean the subject from ...

I dont know why but .. somehow he got projected as a comedian here .. which he is not ..

He is one of those charismatic profs who take the whole class together .. one of those classes in which you hardly look at the watch , and are actually sad when the class gets over ..

These were the views of my seniors.. I will write my views when I take his course

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Prof Kuruvilla is a legend here at IIM-K too His course B2B marketing is billed as as a must-take course!
Will write more when I get to take his course in my 2nd year 😃

Sirf Mahip ko thanks bhaiyyaa???

Aap ko v bol dete he sir...THANKS...

He says... The most important work of any Sales manager is managing people. Managing his boss and motivating sales people. Boss want impossible targets to be met. And sales people hav to achieve it on field. Problem is managing both of them.
He says," Ek baar CEO ne bulaya sir. Khub gali diya..Bola mujhe figures chahiye. aur targets v bata diya. Sales Manager aaya and apne cabin me gaya aur pehle ek black coffee piya. Kyunki ek simple si coffee v kick deti he!!! aur khub gali diya CEO ko.
Fir fone ghumaya, apne sales man ko jo ki field gaya hua tha. Sales man bola sir abhi client ke pass he. Kuch der me aa raha he deal close karke. Lekin asal me us din India-Australia match tha sir. Aur sales man ek jabardast cricket fan tha sir. Isiliye Company ka allownaces leke ghar chala gaya tha cricket match dekhne."
So he says..a Sales manager has to ensure his team gets the work done from its sales people. and at the same time meet boss's targets. SO Managing people from both side is so critical.....

Once he said how to market an embarrassment product:
He said," Sir ek baar hum kerla gaye sir. apne bro-in-law ke pass. He is a famous doctor there. He lives with his wife and they are into 40s. Hum sham ko pahunch gaye sir. Fir khana wana khake so gaye sir guest room me. Raat ke 4 baje sor hua sir. Hum neend se uth gaye. Aur inquiry kiye kya ho raha he sir. Marketer he na sir. I have to be observant always. eyes n ears hamesa khule rakhte he sir . Room se nikle, dekhe ki bagal ke room jo ki dcotor ka chamber he, wahi se kuch sound aa raha he. Fir humne darwaza se jhak ke dekha sir. Marketer he na sir, aise dekhna padta he sir, hum ko galat mat samjhiye! Fir, dekhke chaunk gaye sir. Doctor baithe the sir..aur unki wife unke safed baal ko dye kar rahe the sir." SO he says, for doctor and his wife, white hair is an embarrassment and dye is a embarrassment product. So marketer has to think of some different way of selling these products to this type of customers.
razabpn Says
Thanks Mahip... I guess making this thread generic would attract greater partcipation. What i really meant in previous attempt was, i assumed he must be a well known teacher all over india as he is a visiting prof for quite good no of B-Schools. So i thought, guys all over would share their experiences. But making it generic would ensure (hopefully) and one would come to know reading this thread, who are the best teachers in the B-Schools circuit (Students appreciation will show that).

Sirf Mahip ko thanks bhaiyyaa???

Anyways dood, please share some more stories of this Kuruvilla guy... sounds exciting...expecting more humorous stories. :D

Samjhe naah bhaai!! 😁

Thanks Mahip... I guess making this thread generic would attract greater partcipation. What i really meant in previous attempt was, i assumed he must be a well known teacher all over india as he is a visiting prof for quite good no of B-Schools. So i thought, guys all over would share their experiences. But making it generic would ensure (hopefully) and one would come to know reading this thread, who are the best teachers in the B-Schools circuit (Students appreciation will show that).

*Bump*
Made the thread generic. Read my comments in the first post.

Added my Mahip:
Edited the thread title and reopened after user's request.

Making this a generic thread to post about your teachers! But I don't know how many here shall understand the post abt some particular teacher of any specific college 😐

Lets wait n watch....

-------------------------
Mr. Mohan Kuruvilla is the man who taught me B2B and Sales. One word to describe him "MIND-BLOWING" ....He can make the Sales Mgt class alive and make everybody glued n intrigued for hours without anyone losing attention! He has a very good experience and good hold of the subject. So armed with such knowledge, experience and tremendous wit he simply makes the class go crazy...His funny bihari accent and one story-one concept way of teaching is awesome. You need to attend one of his class to really believe what i am saying. I am really fortunate that he taught me.

These are some of his patented catch-phrases:

How to attack a competitor .One of the way was "Joote Bhiga Ke Mariye"

"Jabardast...." Kya Jabardast case study he!!

"Marketing is an Intoxicating subject"

"Ek baar maan lag jayega to itna aanand aata he, puchiye mat sir..Jabardast aanand aata he"

The guy who is asked to present case fatcs in his class. He keeps saying to him while he talks to class; "Aap kuch padh lijiye sir, aapko sochne ka mauka de rahe he!!"

"And then 3 question will come to his mind... which are these 3 questions?"
1. usne kahan se mba kiya hai?
2. Did he have a subject called Sales management?
3. Who taught him that?....

"Aur tab mat bolna ki maine aapko sales padhaya hai..."

"Anand aa gaya Sir..."

" CEO phone ghumaya usko aur khoob gali diya"
he came back to his room n do yiu know wat did he do? " sabse pehle ek black cofee piya, aur boss ko khoob gaali diya......

"Ek coffee bhi kick deti he"

"Ab sab kuch hum hi thodi na bolenge, kuch to aap log bhi bol dijiye na sir.......kuch bhi bol dijiye, aap jo bolenge sab sahi hoga "

"sir humko bhi sun lijiye na sir"

"Kelloggs / Frito-Lays bolke ek company thi.... abhi bhi hai!!!"

This thread is a small gesture of appreciation for his teaching and for him. Please pour in whatever u have to say about him or his teaching.