amity/fore or infy

34 Posts  ·  16 Users
About this group

i know..i know....one MORE topic about this...and i know it's kinda frustrating...BUT, then, i NEED ur advice...who else can i possibly turn out for genuine and well-informed advice... i am a BE..passed out in 2002...worked in a small firm( no o...

Page 1 of 4

Dude,
Go ahead with ur infy job.Chuck Amity/fore.not worth the money n time
work 4 a yr n give cat again.
coz frm 92 to reach 98/99 percentile shud not be impossible to achieve.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Rahul,
I think he should go ahead with infy coz of the following reasons:
Infy has a better work environment than TCS any day any time(2 yrs in the industry...i hve frnds in both and i m from IT too..so u can trust me)
Onsite opportunity: Well both are same coz anyways u need to b very lucky to go onsite within a year of joining as a fresher( it all depends on the kind of project u r in).. so nothing there
Bond: Thats a crap...TCS always had this but nobody really cares..so forget tht part
Salary: Nothing to differentiate there again..coz though starting salary is more in Infy..but TCS gave a good hike this year..almost 25%..so one year down the line salaries in all probs gonna be the same...
But where u gain in Infy is that - unless u r lucky u dont get a good learning project in TCS...probability is higher in Infy(..though no one can guarantee...)
so value addition is better there...a slight edge perhaps :-)
And the name Infy adds to ur profile in a big way..
the only disadvtg is that Infy most prob is starting a policy of funnelling people which might b detrimental for some candidates but hey u r going to survive if u show ur ability....
Lastly location: Well except for Bhubaneswar..Infy has centres in cool places..while TCS is omnipresent...so probablity of landing up at a good city is again better from Infy..

Thats my two pence..
Hope tht helps...
Cheers,
Sandy

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
rahuld Says
one of my friend got thru TCS AND INFY... can u suffest which one he should go for...TCS is offering him a salary of 12K, and infy a salary of abt 15K... also , he needs to sign a bond with the TCS...now what should he do...isn't TCS better than infy// as far as prospect is concerned, or onsite chances are concerned...i mean, i really have very li'll idea abt this....so calling for ur help!!

Guess this shud be another thread..but anyway ..well on the face of it there ain't much to choose b/w TCS and infy.... I mean the kind of work one does there..... + on-site chances etc.....

So if everything being equal (means location etc..) I think Infy is preferable straightawy b'coz of 3k higher salary and obviously , no bond.....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

one of my friend got thru TCS AND INFY... can u suffest which one he should go for...TCS is offering him a salary of 12K, and infy a salary of abt 15K... also , he needs to sign a bond with the TCS...now what should he do...isn't TCS better than infy// as far as prospect is concerned, or onsite chances are concerned...i mean, i really have very li'll idea abt this....so calling for ur help!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Infosys Infosys Infosys... there shouldn't be any second thoughts about this dude

cya soon in Infosys :)

Regards,
Manpreet

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi
My advice will be that u go for for infy without a second thought in mind. After 2-3 years u can really think big and make it to IIM's or any global B-School. The kind of working atmosphere that u will be getting in infy its hard to get else. Working for a company which is just nest to microsoft in profit margin is really.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks guys/... well, saurabh, is the AGE FACTOR THAT important, that u had to think twice....i mean, some ppl are saying that age DOES NOT matter when u'r thinkin about ur career...
neways, i've told all my friends to come to this forum for GENUINE n well-informed advice....this forum is simply great...AWESOME>..
u know what, i just called up IMS today, and asked them for advice.(i haven't taken coaching from them though)..they said the same things as u ppl r saying....GO FOR INFY...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yaar ... giving a second thought... i feel
join infy and start preparing for CAT..
Saurabh

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yaar... Already so many genuine responces to you from lots of intelligent people.. Hey see Fore is far better than Amity.. So if you are deperate to do MBA then you should go for FORE only.. Don't even think bout Amity then..FORE has got better reputation and better placements... But i feel Infy is better option for you..age factor??? then it goes for MBA..hey juz my views.. you can better decide this thing...
Saurabh

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi rahul

So lots of thoughts I guess

I think by joining INFY. U will be gaining in every aspect. Be it personally, professionally or financially

Personally.
1.You will in the company of qualified/competitive people. Which will also turn you on
2.INFY will expose you to the corporate world. It demands and the relevance of an MBA

Professionally
1.Next time when you will be giving interview you will carry the brand value of INFY
2.Work ex will help you out to narrow down on your preparation for GD/PI interview in a great way.
3.Working with seniors/IIMcians wills certainly broaden your prospective.
4.You will be more motivated out there to prepare as many people do that at least in first couple of years of job (although you will get less time)

Financially
1.A decent salary package
2.You might get a overseas opportunity which will expose you to a different world and it may help you in GD/PIs at later stage.
3 and generally overseas trips makes your pockets heavy : )

But the biggest consideration should be about you interest in IT as a career, if you a slight interest in it. Go for Infy . As by going to AMITY/FORE.. May restrict your choices. And that too after spending so much of money

That my two cents .

And yes sit for CAT 2004. You might get some good time during Initial days after joining ..

vivek

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...