All you wanted to know abt RGIPT

1,104 Posts  ·  186 Users
About this group
Hello friends... Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology has started its maiden batch. All the aspirants must have hunted some pre-knowledge abt dis instt. Any more you want??? hop on! Addition on 27/05/09: Before posting any...
Page 1 of 111

I got selected for 2012-2014 batch...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Is there separate age criteria for Genera/obc/sc students

HI

I am working in IT sector having an experience of 30 months . I am desperate to join Petroleum sector(MBA) . I have read alot abuot RGIPT at pagalguy and I find this college suitable . But I have some queries , I want your personal suggestions .......Please help me out .....A bit of your suggestion can be more useful for me ...

Q . What is the list of PSU's that come only for recruitment ( excluding internship ) , and the packages that they offer ?

Q . Do students themselves have to take pain for Internship . or it is responsibility of college ?

Q. What are the criteria with which these PSU come along ( age and % of marks ) ? Do they target only for the toppers ?

Q . Can you please provide the palement snap of year 2010 and 2011 , that how many were placed only in PSU's . ( Please mention total strength of class ) .

Q . What are the packages that private companies offer ?

Hi ,
Nice to see someone of IT sector asking for such queries....reminds me of my days when I was under the same dilemma.

Anyways here are the answers to your questions in the same order

A. All the 6 PSUs (IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, GAIL, ONGC, OIL) which are our promoters come for campus; both internships and final. Packages range from 8 to 11 lacs depending on the government and company policies.

A. Internships are institutes burden. But if you wish to try urself u can inform the college and do it so. Else I can assure a good internship in any oil and gas company from the college.

A. PSUs have 3 major criterias; Age, Percentage, Category. Age criteria is different for different companies and they change every year. For us BPCL and HPCL had age limit of 27 on the day of joining, GAIL had 28 on DOJ, ONGC and IOCL had 30 and OIL had 29. CGPA should be atleast 6.5/10 to sit for the campus and that is institutes criteria. And yes the PSUs do target toppers if they are coming in the early part of campus process. So higher you are better chance u stand.

A. As for our placements 13/35 got into PSUs. Rest in pvt.

A. Privates offered pkgs depending on the sector and students but they ranged from 5 to 8 lacs per annum. But this is bound to change as per the situation every year so nothing can be said strongly about their pay trend.

One word of advice as you are in same situation as I was. Please think twice before joining as you need to have a real good answer to the question, "Why Petroleum from IT?" because this is what you will face day in and day out. And do not expect a lovely managerial job with a fine cabin and facilities in some metro as our IT managers get it. You are going to be in a remote lonely location with hardly any infra and facilities and the toughest conditions to work in.

Hope this helps you. Anything else do get back to me.

This is the exact scenario of RGIPT ...... that I got to know from passed out seniors .....

I am from an IT background...Howz the work culture different from an IT company to that of a PSU??
You are going to be in a remote lonely location with hardly any infra and facilities and the toughest conditions to work in.
From your above statement in the above post i infer that even life at a PSU isn't that easy.Had this perception that life at a PSU is a bit simpler.Can you pls tell abou the work culture at a PSU?

Hi,

RGIPT seniors please help,

What to do for this enclosure(doc)?

- Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favor of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology payable at Rae Bareli or print out of online payment receipt duly signed.

I have done the payment online but donot have any receipt of it. Only the Online Application receipt. WIll that do? Coz application form receipt is already present in the enclosure(docs) list.

HI

I am working in IT sector having an experience of 30 months . I am desperate to join Petroleum sector(MBA) . I have read alot abuot RGIPT at pagalguy and I find this college suitable . But I have some queries , I want your personal suggestions .......Please help me out .....A bit of your suggestion can be more useful for me ...

Q . What is the list of PSU's that come only for recruitment ( excluding internship ) , and the packages that they offer ?

Q . Do students themselves have to take pain for Internship . or it is responsibility of college ?

Q. What are the criteria with which these PSU come along ( age and % of marks ) ? Do they target only for the toppers ?

Q . Can you please provide the palement snap of year 2010 and 2011 , that how many were placed only in PSU's . ( Please mention total strength of class ) .

Q . What are the packages that private companies offer ?

Hi ,
Nice to see someone of IT sector asking for such queries....reminds me of my days when I was under the same dilemma.

Anyways here are the answers to your questions in the same order

A. All the 6 PSUs (IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, GAIL, ONGC, OIL) which are our promoters come for campus; both internships and final. Packages range from 8 to 11 lacs depending on the government and company policies.

A. Internships are institutes burden. But if you wish to try urself u can inform the college and do it so. Else I can assure a good internship in any oil and gas company from the college.

A. PSUs have 3 major criterias; Age, Percentage, Category. Age criteria is different for different companies and they change every year. For us BPCL and HPCL had age limit of 27 on the day of joining, GAIL had 28 on DOJ, ONGC and IOCL had 30 and OIL had 29. CGPA should be atleast 6.5/10 to sit for the campus and that is institutes criteria. And yes the PSUs do target toppers if they are coming in the early part of campus process. So higher you are better chance u stand.

A. As for our placements 13/35 got into PSUs. Rest in pvt.

A. Privates offered pkgs depending on the sector and students but they ranged from 5 to 8 lacs per annum. But this is bound to change as per the situation every year so nothing can be said strongly about their pay trend.

One word of advice as you are in same situation as I was. Please think twice before joining as you need to have a real good answer to the question, "Why Petroleum from IT?" because this is what you will face day in and day out. And do not expect a lovely managerial job with a fine cabin and facilities in some metro as our IT managers get it. You are going to be in a remote lonely location with hardly any infra and facilities and the toughest conditions to work in.

Hope this helps you. Anything else do get back to me.

This is the exact scenario of RGIPT ...... that I got to know from passed out seniors .....

hello
is rgipt consider sectional cutoff ?as i have overall 85 in cat but one section is just 13...
reply as soon as possible
thanks

Hi Aspirants and Seniors,

Please do not put or answer queries here on this thread............ It is very old thread running since 2008............... Many of the questions, you are asking has been answered on this new thread.............

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/rajiv-gandhi-institute-of-petroleum-technologyrgipt-admissions-2011-2013-batch-25062111

It is for 2011-2013 batch....

i havent received the CAT scorecard from the iims which they send to our postal address..So is it okay for me to download the CAT scorecard from iim website,get it xeroxed and then send along with the enclosures..

And in case if i am selected,will that download scorecard pose any problem for me during original document verification...

You need to send/submit the downloaded score card only. The concept of official scorecard doesn't exist anymore. You need not xerox the downloaded copy. Simply take a print out of your score card & send it .

Hi,
I want to apply for RGIPT through JMET but there is a problem.I have lost my JMET admit card and that is necessary.There is no link available to download the admit card at JMET website.I have the print-out of the application form and score card of JMET.What should I do now?

Hello everybody,I have some queries about placement :-
1.)How many people were eligible to sit for the PSUs like IOCL,HPCL,BPCL,GAIL,etc in campus placements ?

2.)Does pre. work exp. play any role in those placements ?

3.)Do the companies put any other criteria other than age ?

4.)How many people are still not placed ?
1 like