Shreyans Shrimali's post

in CAT Preparation 2017- PaGaLGuY
Updated 15 days ago

A moment comes in everyone's life when he/she adorns the victorious throne meant for chosen few. It need not be an IIM seat or Forbes list of the Richest. It starts with winning that first spoon race in class 2nd, singing a song in front of a large gathering without letting the knees tremble, boldly facing the phenomenon of being a laughing stock just because you dont listen to Iron Maiden or Enrique and finally not accepting the fact that you cant solve that quants problem. All are rubbish. I have experienced each one of these.

I am not here to write my life story. I will concentrate only on one word - CAT. Since the past 3 years that I have known CAT, I have always experienced but have always failed to comprehend the aura that surrounds it. When you start thinking of topping that one exam,the rush of blood inside indicates that you are made for it. If the adrenaline starts flowing inside you and your legs are restless, it points to the fact that CAT beckons you. Not all get this feeling, some lose it before they start. Some lose it half way down. Some stand against that wall. If it will not be tumbled down, it will atleast be cracked.

Enough gyaan ? So have a look at this :

aimcat 1001 - 80.44
aimcat 1004 - 86.75
aimcat 1005 - 99.78
aimcat 1006 - 98.75
aimcat 1008 - 94.14
aimcat 1011 - 90.48
aimcat 1012 - 89.01
aimcat 1015 - 94.58
aimcat 1016 - 93.54
aimcat 1017 - 91.80

Each failure in mock made me wake up half an hour early and study. Visits to DT scorecards made my heart burn. Each Light up the fire inside you, to prove yourself and the world that you ARE the person you think you are.

CAT 2009 - 99.99 with 99+ in all sections

So did PROMETRIC do it for me? I dont know. I only know that I did it for myself. My job involved travelling almost every day. I have never stayed in Chennai which is supposedly my base location. Even right now, with 10 days to go in Britannia, I am sitting in a hotel room in Patna and writing this. CAT was on 6th Dec and I was in Rudrapur (google if you dont know where) whole november. I woke up at 4 in the morning and studied till 8 before heading to factory. 24th march was IIMC interview in bangalore and I was in Gaziabad on 23rd afternoon in factory. IIMA on 5th April - I was in Pathankot on 1st, Jammu on 2nd, Kanpur on 3rd and finally in Banaglore on 4th april 12 midnight. I left banagalore for Kanpur only to be back within 2 days : IIML on 10th.

What keeps one going - seeing everybody around talking about byju sir's classes and boot camps while you are struggling with anemometer in 45 degree heat near the oven with an IIM interview next day? Determination.

I was advised by one and all, to apply for a medical, go on leave and sit and prepare and make notes and revive current affairs and attend mock GDs. Given the person that I am, running away from one job to finish other is the last thing I will think about. I faced it head on. Each interview attended without Prep,but surely with confidence. Because I had faith in the person that is inside me.

So last two questions:
1. Do you think you are better than what you are being treated like?
2. Do you belive that life is short and you are delaying the success that you deserve?

If any of the answers is a YES, get up, open the official quants thread for 2010 and start!

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and howmuchsoever tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!!

Hope I could enkindle the much needed fire inside.

Load more comments 2 of 7
prominence
Mishthi  @prominence  ·  4 years ago

Inspiring!! thanks 😄 

•  
7_knight
js _dce @7_knight  ·  4 years ago

Inspiring post ....amazing!!

•  
Write a comment...

There are 881 posts in CAT Preparation 2017- PaGaLGuY

View all the posts »