AIMJMET 27th Nov, 2010

9 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi Everyone, I'm surprised, it's been some 4 hours since everyone's done with AIM-JMET and nobody opened the thread.. Time : 3 hrs Total Questions : 120 Section I : Verbal - 30 questions Section II : Reasoning - 30 questions Sec...
Page 1 of 1

Took JMET @ Home.

pathetic outing with 52.XX. VA and DI - accuracy is down to 50%.

Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
jmet online information system

These are some sample questions, given out by the IIT's for JMET, could anyone explain the solutions, I'm getting close to the answers but I'm a little confused about my approach for the calculus problems, even the weekly income problem, I'm not sure if direct quant logic should be applied or integral should be used. Thanks in advance!

attempted omet 101017 (jmet)

va-13.75:banghead:
lr-18
qa-12.25:banghead:
di-20.75

oa-64.75:banghead:

if there is any other thread for posting these scores than kindly give the link...

My Take on AIM-JMET:-

Verbal : Attempts - 27; Correct - 21, Incorrect - 6; Score - 19.5/30
Reasoning : Attempts - 24; Correct - 22, Incorrect - 2; Score - 21.5/30
Quant : Attempts - 18; Correct - 16, Incorrect - 2; Score - 15.5/30
DI : Attempts - 26; Correct - 24, Incorrect - 2; Score - 23.5/30

Overall : Attempts - 95; Correct - 83, Incorrect - 12; Score - 80/120

Aah results are out.. AIR 1..

But marks are 74.. gotta fill in the bubbles properly.. After all, that's what's gonna be evaluated..!!:biggrin:
sjbj Says
Did you prepare the extra topics of jmet for quant?

No. I didn't do anything extra for this one. There were some questions that required the usage of higher mathematics (differentiation, integration, conditional probability). But they were pretty standard questions and could have been solved with a little logic.

Hi Medhavin,
(looking at ur performance in quant) Did you prepare the extra topics of jmet for quant?

A pathetic outing for me.. :banghead:

QA - A20 C20 W0 - 20 (50 min)
LR - A28 C24 W4 - 23 (80 min)
DI - A15 C12 W3 - 11.25 (25 min) :shock:
VA - A30 C16 W14 - 12.5 (25 min)
OA - A93 C72 W21 - 66.75

My first JMET pattern mock proved to be a disaster. I had no idea that it would be so different from the type of mocks we have been attempting all season long. All four sections were pretty solid in terms of conceptual clarity required. Extremely heavy on logic and calculations..

I messed up with the time management in LR (I sort of got lost somewhere!) and hence had to rush through the remaining two sections (DI and VA). Paid a heavy price for this mistake as DI was calculations, calculations and more calculations and VA required a lot of thorough reading and patience!

The takeaway from this mock for me is that one can crack JMET (i.e. a score of 75-80+) with a 'very sound' time management. Knowing where to tread cautiously and where to press the throttle has to be the key.

Will try to get a suitable time combination for this one as soon as I'm done with FMS. After all, that one is an entirely different ballgame!

PS: 3 hours is seriously one helluva ride!

A pathetic outing for me.. :banghead:

QA - A20 C20 W0 - 20 (50 min)
LR - A28 C24 W4 - 23 (80 min)
DI - A15 C12 W3 - 11.25 (25 min) :shock:
VA - A30 C16 W14 - 12.5 (25 min)
OA - A93 C72 W21 - 66.75

My first JMET pattern mock proved to be a disaster. I had no idea that it would be so different from the type of mocks we have been attempting all season long. All four sections were pretty solid in terms of conceptual clarity required. Extremely heavy on logic and calculations..

I messed up with the time management in LR (I sort of got lost somewhere!) and hence had to rush through the remaining two sections (DI and VA). Paid a heavy price for this mistake as DI was calculations, calculations and more calculations and VA required a lot of thorough reading and patience!

The takeaway from this mock for me is that one can crack JMET (i.e. a score of 75-80+) with a 'very sound' time management. Knowing where to tread cautiously and where to press the throttle has to be the key.

Will try to get a suitable time combination for this one as soon as I'm done with FMS. After all, that one is an entirely different ballgame!

PS: 3 hours is seriously one helluva ride!

Edited on November 03

Got AIR 15 for my pathetic performance. What a sham.. I seriously doubt the number of aspirants who wrote this mock.. Absolutely pathetic.. No gain out of this one in terms of relative standing..

My Take on AIM-JMET:-

Verbal : Attempts - 27; Correct - 21, Incorrect - 6; Score - 19.5/30
Reasoning : Attempts - 24; Correct - 22, Incorrect - 2; Score - 21.5/30
Quant : Attempts - 18; Correct - 16, Incorrect - 2; Score - 15.5/30
DI : Attempts - 26; Correct - 24, Incorrect - 2; Score - 23.5/30

Overall : Attempts - 95; Correct - 83, Incorrect - 12; Score - 80/120

Hi Everyone,

I'm surprised, it's been some 4 hours since everyone's done with AIM-JMET and nobody opened the thread..

Time : 3 hrs
Total Questions : 120
Section I : Verbal - 30 questions
Section II : Reasoning - 30 questions
Section III : Quant - 30 Questions
Section IV : Data Interpretation - 30 questions

Marking Scheme : +1 for correct; -0.25 for incorrect

Please notify your sectional and overall attempts, correct, incorrect and marks obtained??

Let's get started..!!