aiming for GMAT JAN 2010

165 Posts  ·  75 Users
About this group
Hi, I am aiming to give GMAT in Jan 2010. Please help me with the preparation material and guidelines as I have no idea how to kickstart my preparation.
Page 1 of 17

Any1 can give the contact detaails of mittul gada?

More the struggle, sweeter the success..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hey frndz.....dis is Sushidh!!
as I hav heard much abt GMAT, so i wud lyk to b helped from ur side.
kindly tell me the every thing abt it if possible, lyk all the A-Z thing abt gmat. m also planning to write it next year.

plz help me buddy..........

if its possible for u den send me d details on sushidh.abhishek@yahoo.in

Firstly, I suggest you to go to the mba.com website and understand what GMAT is all about. You need to first also identify if its GMAT you want to take or CAT/CET or IELTS. If you aim is to get into a top Indian Bschool then I suggest you take CAT. If youre aiming for ISB, Great Lakes or IIM executive MBA, then I recommend that you take GMAT. If you want to study abroad, there are schools that dont require GMAT.

One of the added advantages of taking GMAT is that along with the host of good Indian Bschools, you will be able to apply for admission in bschools across US/UK/Australia/France and many other countries. However, the cost of studying abroad can be a killer. Most students usually end up working in the same country where they graduate from, to recover the money.

Your finances are also a critical factor. An MBA from a good Indian Bschool cost anywhere between 3 Lakhs (JBIMS) - 20 Lakhs (ISB & IIM EMBA cost approx 19 lakhs, though bank loans are available). The cost of studying abroad from a reputed bschool cost close to 40-50 Lakhs (If its a school like INSEAD, the cost can go up to even 70 Lakhs and you dont get the entire amount as loan unless you got a scholarship)

Anyways, youre already on the best website for GMAT information. I suggest you get your hands on the GMAT prep material:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-prep-material-25024311

If you want, you can join a good coaching class too. There are plenty of coaching classes available.

A word of caution Please research the coaching class thoroughly before making any commitments/ payments (Payments once made will not be refunded is the standard clause across all coaching classes) Refer to this board before you make any decision:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/hall-of-shame-gmat-coaching-institutes-which-have-spammed-unethically-advertised-25040810

Once youre prep, youll need to practice. I came across a good website that provides a study schedule for those taking GMAT. You can refer to Gmating.com

Let us know if you have any other specific query
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey frndz.....dis is Sushidh!!
as I hav heard much abt GMAT, so i wud lyk to b helped from ur side.
kindly tell me the every thing abt it if possible, lyk all the A-Z thing abt gmat. m also planning to write it next year.

plz help me buddy..........

if its possible for u den send me d details on sushidh.abhishek@yahoo.in

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI

I am looking for GMAT books for preparation , If ne1 has got books to pass down , please buzz !!

Neha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To start with kaplan comprehensive is good & will give an overall orientation for GMAT...after that you can move to OG and manhattan's SC guide...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

sry to say but the same situation....i wanna kickstart gmat prep in pune ...suggest some good books and classes

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks for the advice,

Can you suggest me good couching for Verbal......I am good in quanta....

You can go in for IMS or Mitul again. Both are ok in verbal
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My profile is:

10th 85%
12th 87%
B.E. 75%

having work Ex of about 1.5 years.

Can someone help me to get in best coaching institute.....I concern for verbal more......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks for the advice,

Can you suggest me good couching for Verbal......I am good in quanta....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi all,

All the gmat aspirants please tell me which is the best GMAt couching in Mumbai,
what about Mitul gode coaching classes...

I think you mean Mitul Gada.

I started preparing for GMAT by paying a tremendous fee (~Rs.25000) all in advance to IMS for verb and quant and counseling. The verb was a piece of cake for me. But the quant was murder. I am 28 and my professional experience mostly includes call center experience. Hence I hadnt practice maths for the past 7 years (although I have 5 years experience in writing killer emails)

When I attended the first quant class, I was blank. The professor was too fast and used stuff like LCM & HCM that I had forgotten. The class mostly consisted of fresh engineering graduates, so I was the only person appearing dumb by asking what is sin, cos & tan.

A month down the line I was more lost as ever. I tried preparing for the class by studying the materials they provided, but half way through the class I would be out of sync again.

Luckily, my repeated newbie questions in the class provoked others too raise their own questions (apparently, everyone in the calss was an engineer) I got together with 5 other guys and we started studying together (Nothing beats studying together, no one is trying to appear smart and will answer your questions in the simplest way that they understand)

One of guys suggested Mitul Gada. Before switching I thought I should do some R&D.; So I approached TIME classes and attend one free lecture. I found it to be similar to IMS. Desperately, I asked the receptionist for help and guess what, she too recommended Mitul Gada.

So the 5 of us tugged along to his class. Of course the tuition fee scared us but we were determine to do whatever it takes to beat the GMAT. And so another cheque came out of our pockets. But unlike my previous experience, I had a wonderful time studying there.

True, there were some guys (those damn engineers) who seem to get answers out of thin air. But the environment was much more conducive. Student (including some in their 30s) were openly asking questions as a novice. Best of all, me & my friends had to take a break from studies for a month or so due to work. When we join back we had missed a lot of stuff, so we got to start the class again from the beginning at no extra cost.

The method of teaching is way better. The teaching emphasized on use of logic and imagination rather than complex formulae and remembering the squares and cubes & roots of huge numbers. By the time I had finished the course, I was able to solve probability and permutations questions with ease.

Just a few days back, I went through the IMS questions and got 8 out of 10 question on combination & probability right without using a single damn textbook formula.

This is a good place to start for person whos bad at quant. Else, then I suggest IMS.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...