AIMCAT1211 doubt..please help

4 Posts  ·  1 User
About this group
Hi Guys, On a planet bazooka, (Quant -Q->5,6),......question of AIMCAT1211.....i am not able to understand the solution given by TIME ....can somebody please help...... Thanks Rohit
Page 1 of 1
When q is to be inserted between 5 and 6 , how q gets the value of 6 based on q-5=6-q and how first question where we need to find '8q', we get as : 9*11+6...

please elaborate

thanks in advance

See .. as i had stated .. because of the insertion of a new element .. nos. after 5 would shift 1 place each in value.
Hence, in evaluating q-5 = 6-q, please take 6 = 7.

Also, in the first question ..
8q should have been = 8*10 + q
but since we know .. base has changed from 10 to 11 and 8 has the value = 9 ..
Hence 8q = 9*11 + 6 .. :cheers::cheers: ..

Hope it clears off your doubts ..
IIFT \m/ ..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When q is to be inserted between 5 and 6 , how q gets the value of 6 based on q-5=6-q and how first question where we need to find '8q', we get as : 9*11+6...

please elaborate

thanks in advance

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
.. Because there are 11 distinct digits the base of the number system is 11.
Next, they say that a new number 'q' is inserted between 5 and 6 .. such that it satisfies q-5 = 6-q,
we observe that due to the new number, nos. after q would move 1 place each .. hence, to evaluate the value of q from the above relation, we treat 6 -> 7 .. 7 -> 8 .. and so on till .. 10 -> 11 ..
using this we get .. q = 6 ..

The rest of the questions can be easily solved keeping in mind :
1. The base is 11.
2. The nos. 6 7 8 9 10 represent 7 8 9 10 11.

i hope this helps .. Please shoot any queries you have .. 😃 ..
IIFT \m/ ..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

On a planet bazooka, (Quant -Q->5,6),......question of AIMCAT1211.....i am not able to understand the solution given by TIME ....can somebody please help......

Thanks
Rohit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...