Aimcat-703

531 Posts  ·  112 Users
About this group
Start posting junta.... :: :: :: :: :: :: Another one down the drain VA-23 DI-12 QA-2.66 :: :: :: :: :: :: Net-37.66
Page 1 of 54
my scores!!!

VA: 24
QA: 12
DI: 4 (was r@#$%d and butchered here .. )

overall: 40...

Please maintain forum decorum ,U might just offend someone's sensibilities ..

regards

shailesh
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
HI

Some One plz clarify ......
How are these cut off actually calculated ..........

Can't understand why 2 ppl scoring ....a total of same marks ....but one scoring majority in ENGLISH only n 0 in maths , while other scoring consistently in all the 3 ....have the same overall ranking n percentile .....Is it correct ???

Atleast this is what i have noticed in FREE SIMCAT .......

Plz JUNTA ......pour in your suggestions ...............

-varun

Well IMS assigns two ranks
One is the overall rank and the other is the simcat rank. The first one is assigned to everyone who writes the test while the second is assigned to only those who clears all sectional cutoffs plus the overall cutoff. So the person scoring 0 in maths won't have a simcat rank whereas the other person who scored consistently across all three sections will have one provided he has cleared the cutoffs.

Different coaching institutes follow different criteria in assigning cutoffs. IMS for one assigns the sectional cutoffs at 92 percentile. TIME assigns at much lower percentiles.

Hope this makes some things clear

Mridul

HI

Some One plz clarify ......
How are these cut off actually calculated ..........

Can't understand why 2 ppl scoring ....a total of same marks ....but one scoring majority in ENGLISH only n 0 in maths , while other scoring consistently in all the 3 ....have the same overall ranking n percentile .....Is it correct ???

Atleast this is what i have noticed in FREE SIMCAT .......

Plz JUNTA ......pour in your suggestions ...............

-varun

I have 1 doubt. Well there was a Q like this:
_ _
x and _x_

Well how do you find the min integer and max integer. Could some one please explain me how this was solved. I couldnt understand the sol!!

Rong paper....its in Aim 0702....

I have 1 doubt. Well there was a Q like this:
_ _
x and _x_

Well how do you find the min integer and max integer. Could some one please explain me how this was solved. I couldnt understand the sol!!

Any more take aways from the other meets? Junta, Plz post 'em for the benefit of those who could not attend..

RPK

Ya sure...Your word is my command sah!

some of the tips/tricks were something like:
1)On an average a person's percentile goes up by 5 points vis-a-vis his aimcat performance

Yep. This was a question I asked during the Hyderabad AIMCATters meet (sic) 😃
Received the same answer.

I asked them how I should gauge myself based on the performance in AIMCATs when I know that it won't be just TIME students competing with me in the main CAT. One of the points which reassured me was, "Yes there are gonna be more prolific students added to the pool of those who are writing CAT, but a more important thing to note would be that a lot of not-so-good people are gonna be added too..so it balances out in the end, if not shifting it in your favor!"

Then they quoted some previous years' examples of AIMCAT toppers and how their final percentiles were similar if not more in the CAT.

that must've been fun!

It was; never expected these coaching-class guys to have "sense of humor"...and it's not too often that I publicly appreciate someone's sense-of-humor

" There is always one seat at every IIM for MBBS students. Atleast 6 of MBBS students can always get in. IIMs always make sure that they have a doctor with them, in case anything goes wrong."

that must've been fun!
hehe .. thts quite good :)
did they just impart good will and feel good factor or did they also give some tips 😃 ...
thoda aur kasht karenge to bahut sare thanks main khud dunga :D

Ya sure...Your word is my command sah!

some of the tips/tricks were something like:
1)On an average a person's percentile goes up by 5 points vis-a-vis his aimcat performance
2)Refrain from touching upon topics which you haven't touched upon so far. Focus on only selective areas-where you have done well in the past aimcats, even if you only have 2/3 areas.
3)There will be a substantial portion in quants section which will be logic-based
4)Tougher passages generally tend to have easier questions...infact if you dint understand anything in the passage, thats probably a good sign
5)Do not get unduly hassled by the wieghtage given to the q, and do not get over-cautious in your approach.

i will post more jab yaad aayega tabhi...most of the abv stuff is obvius though...