AIMCAT 1211 Scores, Discussions (Pls do not open if you have not taken the test yet)

432 Posts  ·  220 Users
About this group
Couldn't find any thread for AIMCAT 1211, so starting a new one. Lets discuss ! :smiley:
Page 1 of 44

Hi.

With reference to Q6 in section1 in AIMCAT1211, i could not understand the solution. Is there any other approach, since if we take the time as t=17/4hr, then the shortest distance comes to 15KM/Hr which is less than what result they have given. please let me know

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi.

With reference to Q6 in section1 in AIMCAT1211, i could not understand the solution. Is there any other approach, since if we take the time as t=17/4hr, then the shortest distance comes to 15KM/Hr which is less than what result they have given. please let me know

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/aimcat-1209-please-do-not-open-in-case-you-have-not-given-the-test-25071137

I couldn't find a thread on aimcat 1209 hence i have started a new thread on Aimcat 1209 scores, discussions( link given above). All those who gave this aimcat may please post in their scores and comments regarding this aimcat and also vote in the poll. Thank you:D
neha04 Says
I feel TIME is doing unnecessary changes, just to make the paper difficult,,, CAT dont give such kinda weird questions,,,,

nobody can guess it this time...as pattern changed...and they are giving such tough question coz the time frame....in 70 min we have to solve only 30q...tat means 2.xxmin/qs so qs will be on difficult side....and they are preparing us for anything...
"Impossible", "give up" are not in my dictionary --------

I feel TIME is doing unnecessary changes, just to make the paper difficult,,, CAT dont give such kinda weird questions,,,,

UtsavGambhir Says
I have tried it in the past myself and one of my friends did it to start the test for AIMCAT 1210 and it worked from his phone as well....So don't say it doesn't work if you haven't tried it....

oops sry i acually wanted to tell 'i dont KNOW if that works now' :splat:
i dont think that works now

I have tried it in the past myself and one of my friends did it to start the test for AIMCAT 1210 and it worked from his phone as well....So don't say it doesn't work if you haven't tried it....
PGPM 2012 - 2014, MDI Gurgaon || Coach Dil(li)wale Dreamers Team 2012
michael88 Says
Can ny1 temme if v can still use "Invigilated=false" to give invigilated aimcats?? Plz reply..TIA

i dont think that works now

you can find another method in the below thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/69219-how-give-aimcat-home-tweaking-10.html#post2888068

below is the method i use have never gone to center yet

Best false proof method (more of a tecki way)
to use firebug in your firefox browser, locate selectstart button with inspect element . You will the Start button onclick calles a validate function(JS function) , just change it to OpenTest() ! thats its bingo ! it opens the test screen 😃 :-)
Q 49 -> .....Psycologst say that the focus seems to be shifting from physical power to physical appearance in men. They attribute it to general need for quick pick-me-up among those with low self esteem and low confidence.________

Answer suggests that what should follow is the reason behind the same and option suggests that agressive advertising drives this perception.
Does this option not introduce a new idea of advertisement (not mentioned previously in the para) ? Should the better option not be 4 that suggests that there is flaw in the thinking process that physical apearance would overcome low self esteem and low confidence and hence one needs to change it?

Great example for 39, undertood that, thanks :-)

For Q:49 could not understand why option 2 is better and not option 4.
While solving para completion i learned that i should be
- in flow with para,
- should conclude
- should not introduce new idea

From what i could understand in Option 2
- in flow with para -> ok, provides reason
- should conclude -> may be
- should not introduce new idea -> it is introducing advertisement not mentioned previously in para and i think would demand futher explanation

Option 4
- in flow with para -> ok, provides flaw in thinking process
- should conclude -> provides reason and concludes by saying what needs to be done
- should not introduce new idea -> no new idea , just continuation of the previous one..

Please expalin...Thanks in advance..

well,if you read the passage and the options carefully,you will see that option 4 introduces the idea of changing the existing mindsets.Now,the passage is talking about the growing market for fairness products for men and option 2 completes the para most appropriately by pointing to the reason for this growth in cosmetics.while option 4 is going on different tangent altogether(of altering mindsets).
I drink so that i can talk to assholes, this includes me. Dream Team 13, MMDT 12&11

Q 49 -> .....Psycologst say that the focus seems to be shifting from physical power to physical appearance in men. They attribute it to general need for quick pick-me-up among those with low self esteem and low confidence.________

Answer suggests that what should follow is the reason behind the same and option suggests that agressive advertising drives this perception.
Does this option not introduce a new idea of advertisement (not mentioned previously in the para) ? Should the better option not be 4 that suggests that there is flaw in the thinking process that physical apearance would overcome low self esteem and low confidence and hence one needs to change it?

39. you cant base your answers just on -ve and +ve feelings, u have to also look at those feelings in detail. In this case, it is quite possible to have grudge
and disregard together. Just take the example of Federer and Nadal......they could have grudging respect for each other, but they cant distregard each other.

49. didnt understand ur doubt

Great example for 39, undertood that, thanks :-)

For Q:49 could not understand why option 2 is better and not option 4.
While solving para completion i learned that i should be
- in flow with para,
- should conclude
- should not introduce new idea

From what i could understand in Option 2
- in flow with para -> ok, provides reason
- should conclude -> may be
- should not introduce new idea -> it is introducing advertisement not mentioned previously in para and i think would demand futher explanation

Option 4
- in flow with para -> ok, provides flaw in thinking process
- should conclude -> provides reason and concludes by saying what needs to be done
- should not introduce new idea -> no new idea , just continuation of the previous one..

Please expalin...Thanks in advance..