Aimcat - 0609

325 Posts  ·  126 Users
About this group
hello junta, wish u gud luk for today's mock cat
Page 1 of 33

PATHETHIC NINCOMPOOPS!!

was this part of the mail
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

All the best for aimcat 610 guys..

I have a doubt in Q. 106.

They say it can be done by 1st option.

In soln, explanation is
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
o e o e o e e e e

So we can get more than 2 even numbers. But They didnt take the other possibility and generalized the soln.

But if we do
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
e o e o e o e e e

then we wont get more than 2 even numbers.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Attaching the PATHETHIC mail from the mumbai centrehead..in response to why I cant get ti take the AIMCAT home if I have not given it live.

Sorry for the inconvenience and delayed reply but the mock papers cannot be given in retrospect. The process is that the students need to inform in advance before being absent for a mock for it to be given afterwards.

We do understand the constraints of working people as almost half of our student are working professionals from infy, ge, tcs, wipro, cts, etc. However, let me assure you that the process is followed strigently across all 25000 students who take the AIMCATs regardless of their professional background. No exception is made in your case also.

Also the rules have been decided at the headquarters only so you won't get a different response on this issue from Hyderabad as well.

Any other issue you have will be duly addressed to by me.

All the best!

Akshay
T.I.M.E. Mumbai

PATHETHIC NINCOMPOOPS!!

Hey Sunshine

Rank 560 implies some 97 percentile...

I believe if you perform the same way on the D-Day, you have a realistic chance of getting sth. between 98-99.5 percentile...

Regards
Simple_Aspirant

Nothing can be said of the D-Day... the most high performing people falter and vice-versa
sunshine Says
I have a dunb question.How will I translate my rank to a probable rank on D Day assuming I'm performing the same way as I'm performing now.Say my rank is 560 in the mock then what could be my rank in real CAT?

Hey Sunshine

Rank 560 implies some 97 percentile...

I believe if you perform the same way on the D-Day, you have a realistic chance of getting sth. between 98-99.5 percentile...

Regards
Simple_Aspirant

tp can you please tell how many questions u attemptedin each section?
and how many were correct..

its really the best day of ma life. i never thought i wud get these many marks. i thk in last aimcat, the time people took away my 9 marks and this time they returned 7 of them as i was expecting 78 but 85 was a way too much i guess

well the brk off

va- 21.33 ( 96.31%tile) strangely this is supposed to be my strength

qa- 29.67 ( 99.98 %tile) strangel;y this has been my nemesis

di- 33.34 ( i got rank 1 in di ) wow amazing 100%tile in di

overall net score- 85.33

air - 1

%tile- 99.99

am i on the seventh heaven? probably yes but i know thers no time to relax. ill gun for even more on this sunday

best of lck guys

I have a dunb question.How will I translate my rank to a probable rank on D Day assuming I'm performing the same way as I'm performing now.Say my rank is 560 in the mock then what could be my rank in real CAT?

Only one word man!

"SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPILIALIDOCIOUS"

its really the best day of ma life. i never thought i wud get these many marks. i thk in last aimcat, the time people took away my 9 marks and this time they returned 7 of them as i was expecting 78 but 85 was a way too much i guess

well the brk off

va- 21.33 ( 96.31%tile) strangely this is supposed to be my strength

qa- 29.67 ( 99.98 %tile) strangel;y this has been my nemesis

di- 33.34 ( i got rank 1 in di ) wow amazing 100%tile in di

overall net score- 85.33

air - 1

%tile- 99.99

am i on the seventh heaven? probably yes but i know thers no time to relax. ill gun for even more on this sunday

best of lck guys
dhruvv Says
wanna know hows percentage score calculated?have been told percentage score is the perecentage of ur score as compared 2 the toppers score but in LA my percentage score is 100% but percentile is 99.75% can some1 help expalin me the diff. tnks

I guess percentile is calculated as: percentage of students who scored less than you did

that would explain your scores...