Advice needed regarding career

4 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hello guys, I need some advice regarding my career. I am a B.E(ECE) passed out in 2005. I got Job in one of the biggest Telecom Companies :: in hyderabad. I was overjoyed but my excitement did not last long because I was put up as C...
Page 1 of 1

Anand: If you've already got into a good company, then it makes sense to continue there for a decent amount of time. Roles and responsibilities keep changing over time. If you've been recruited with a certain profile in mind, then go with it for a while. However talk to your manager and keep him posted about your long term goals. Chart out a career plan over the next 2-4 years.

If you are good at Unix now, that experience will still show in your resume if you join a b-school and get back into the job market. You'd be better off trying to build a supporting set of capabilities in team leading, basic project management, scoping, designing, assisting other teams when you have the time.

If you have the potential, you will get noticed. An MBA will not solve these problems. Solve them first to the extent possible and then get into the MBA program, so you have many more options when you graduate.

All the best.

Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am student of BCS get selected for WIPRO and had joining date of 10 oct 09.just confused what to do MS or MCA ?what will be the future after 4 year doing intigrated MS from BITS or it is gud to do MCA help me what to do?

sheenaGem Says
It is better to finish your studies before you finally settle in a job. If you finish your MBA you will have broader channels to decide for your future.

I wouldn't go with what sheena says. Since you are contemplating an MBA, I feel that an MBA without prior work-ex or with less than 2-3 years work ex (less than a year in your case) wont let you unlock the full potential gain from an MBA program.

Post 2-3 yrs work ex, there is a lot of change in thinking, interaction, level of maturity, understanding and many other factors, which makes an MBA all the more valuable in the hands of the holder.

Just look at guys from top rung institutes in India or abroad. Though there are some freshers in a batch, you will find that a good portion of the junta has around 2-3 yrs work ex and you actually see the difference in their approach and attitude, in their level of maturity and in even final placements they get.
Hence shifting to some other job or asking the management to give you a change would really be a good option. Better not fall in the trap of completing ur studies and then only settling down coz at the most, it can only give you mental peace but working n then doin an MBA can only give you far far more success.
Regards,
Tumtum.

Hello guys,

I need some advice regarding my career.
I am a B.E(ECE) passed out in 2005.
I got Job in one of the biggest Telecom Companies in hyderabad.
I was overjoyed but my excitement did not last long because I was put up as Configuration management Engineer(Jus because I was strong in Unix).

I got 85% in last years CAT(2004) but didn't join a B-school because I thought I was still young for Management.

What should i do now.

Study Hard and join a B-school this year?
or
Stay on in this job?
or
Ask the management to Change my Job to Development?

I need to hear from you to deceide on this.