Advice needed in migration from technical domain to finance

3 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hello, I am a software engineer having 6 years of experience in telecom emebedded system. I am currently doing MTECH from IIT-Delhi in computer science and there after want to move to management in a couple of years. I would like to know your op...
Page 1 of 1

hello,

I apologize for postig here. MOD can remove this thread.

thnks,

nikhil

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey,

Please post your query here:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

Please dont open new threads without searching first.

Cheers and Good Luck.

P.S: Mods do the needful.

hello,
I am a software engineer having 6 years of experience in telecom emebedded system. I am currently doing MTECH from IIT-Delhi in computer science and there after want to move to management in a couple of years. I would like to know your opinion on something which would be of intrest to many aspiring people like me. I want to do MBA in Finance and there after move to a private equity firm and use my technical knowledge as well as newly acquired financial knowledge to be part of bigger team running or making policies of an IT or telecom company in which the equity firm will invest. In other words, I am looking for a mangement profile where in I could use the knowledge acquired in Telecome domain.
1. Which college is most suitable for me in India or US region?
2. Will it be beneficial to do course like CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) or charter from Institute of Actuaries of India?
3. Which short term course you suggest in area of finance computing and statistics which could help develop expertise in finance?
I would be grateful for your time and suggestions.

nikhil