Advice needed....

3 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hello people, I m in a dilemma, I am unable to decide what should I go for should I do a job or should I prepare for MBA ET and take up MBA Now the problem is I have received calls from some companies for customer service job with a...
Page 1 of 1

hi, whats ur background. if u are a fresher, start working. you can leave cust service jobs any time after you get admission. few months work-exp helps. IBSAT has 3000 seats, so dont worry abt admission.
dont inform interviewer that you are looking for MBA. U may not get selected. tell them u are looking long term at the compny.
full time MBA is always better than distance education, esp if you are less exp/no exp. look for a career in future. as neo told most of the BPO's have tie-ups with MBA instts for contact PT programs. you can avail them in future. chk with the co. HR.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Look, dont panic right away. First find out if they are asking you to sign a contract. If they do, they usually give you a little time befor you have to sign.
Again,if they ask, you could always tell them that there's a possibilty you might leave next year in June. Talk to them and see if they will offer you a job without having to sign a contract. Otherwise I am sure you can always find a job.

Whenever the exam, colleges wont start till June next year. Right now , focus on the exam. It is important to get admission into a good college.
And honestly, India still doesnt have that much value for a Distance MBA. A 2 year full time MBA program still carries a lot of weight.

Also, check around with your company. Perhaps they have a tie-up with some school that will offer you an MBA degree while you work. Of course you might have to work for a minimum of two to three years with them so do think about it.

All the best.

Hello people,

I m in a dilemma,

I am unable to decide what should I go for should I do a job or should I prepare for MBA ET and take up MBA

Now the problem is I have received calls from some companies for customer service job with a decent salary package

but the problem is that I am preparing for IBSAT and SNAT as well and if I qualify these exams and get admission then I will have to discontinue my job and there are only 4 months remaining for both these exams

I do not know if one can leave a job because I have heard that all these jobs have atleast 1 yr contract and u cannot leave them before it ends

I am also scared that if I dont qualify these exams I will lose out on these oppurtunities

and if I join a job and get qualified in these exams later it will become difficuilt for me to discontinue from that job

Should I inform the one who takes my interview before hand that I am preparing for MBA ET's and I might discontinue the job if i get an admission? if I do so will the reject me? will it be really helpful ?

Also I thought about another option thats in my hand which is accepting the job right now and then next year I will go for symbiosis distance MBA ....do u think it will be a good and right decision to do so? does symbiosis distance MBA have a good scope? will I be able to get a good job if I go for Symbiosis Distance MBA?

Please help me on what I should do :neutral:...Thank you