Admitted to Oxford

120 Posts  ·  31 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I know a few people now who are admitted to Oxford. So i thought we should start this thread. Keep the posts coming in .. with all news and concerns that you have. post admission, accomodation, visa and travel discussion wi...
Page 1 of 12

hi ,
Congratulation for getting into Ox.
I will be grateful if you can share your profile with me:
reg gmat score
academics
professional exp/industry
community work
etc.

thanks for your time

regds
HMG

Hi,
I too have been offered admission to Oxford.

I am planning to send the Guarantee forms and Deposit next week.

Regarding Visa, when is the best time to apply considering that the course starts in October? How long does it take to get the Visa? Also, is it a problem if you have applied for only 1 school in the UK?

If any of the admits are in Chennai, we can have a discussion. My number: 938-060-2784.

Thanks,
Samuel.
(Chennai)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats to all you oxford admits.....

I am also an oxford aspirant but I am interested in Investment Banking... I want to know from you ppl as to how good oxford is for Inv Banking....
& if I am not asking for too much PL post your Profiles.....

Thankx in Advance
Azeem

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Well dude before contemplating between OX and IE that much weigh your options financially. Do you have money to fund Ox ? remember Ox has no tie-up with any banks and Indian banks give max of 15 lakhs only. Look at Ox only after you think you can manage the finance.

btw - Whats your profile and esp your GMAT to assess any chances of scholarships from Ox ?

WHERE ARE THE OX BOYS AND GALS?
ANYONE INTERESTED IN UPDATING ABT THOSE WHO HAVE "REJECTED" OX OFFER OF ADMISSION
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
RPJ
@RPJ  ·  0 karma

I suggest buy it from India but do get the configuration from Ox. Most of the schools promise good deals on laptops but from what I heard the good deals are still expensive by 25-30% from what you pay in India.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys

How about the Laptop thing ?

What do you suggest ? Should we buy one from here in India and take it along or should we purchase one in the UK itself when we arrive there ?

Cheers !!
Harry

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
RPJ
@RPJ  ·  0 karma
Well dude before contemplating between OX and IE that much weigh your options financially. Do you have money to fund Ox ? remember Ox has no tie-up with any banks and Indian banks give max of 15 lakhs only. Look at Ox only after you think you can manage the finance.

btw - Whats your profile and esp your GMAT to assess any chances of scholarships from Ox ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Folks

Also it would be great if we can know how much time prior to the beginning of the session should one reach Oxford University ?

Cheers !!

Harry

Hi Guys,

I have also been admitted to Said Business School.

I was going through this thread and found answers to most of my queries but there are a couple of questions which i need to ask

(1) How are you guys financing your MBA? Is anyone trying to get educational loan through Paras foundation?
(2) I also have an admit from Instituto De Empresa who have also offered me 50% scholarhip. Do you think that Said would still be better than Instituto De Empresa with 50% scholarship taking into account my desire to specialize in marketing?

Harry i think that a week prior to the begining of the session should be allright.

Cheers!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Folks

Also it would be great if we can know how much time prior to the beginning of the session should one reach Oxford University ?

Cheers !!

Harry

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

though i am not an admit for 06-07
but here is the group where in you can get valuable info
please register and discover fellow indians
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/indiansatoxford/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I too have been offered admission to Oxford.

I am planning to send the Guarantee forms and Deposit next week.

Regarding Visa, when is the best time to apply considering that the course starts in October? How long does it take to get the Visa? Also, is it a problem if you have applied for only 1 school in the UK?

If any of the admits are in Chennai, we can have a discussion. My number: 938-060-2784.

Thanks,
Samuel.
(Chennai)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...