Admitted to Krannert

25 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
Hi ppl, I have got an acceptance from the Krannert School of Management for an MBA program begining August 2006... If there is there anyone from India who has got into krannert please feel free to get in touch with me at enbee123@yahoo.c...
Page 1 of 3

I am also in for MSIA. Does anybody know about placement stats of MSIA program for international students?
Ajay

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All..
I have also got admitted to Fall 07 Full time MBA. Lets all keep in touch. You can also join the group krannert_mba_2007 at yahoo to find the other ones who you can expect to meet in Krannert this Fall.

Thanks,
Gaurav V Verma

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,

Me too in the same boat. Got offer for 1 year MSIA. The course is of course at par with 2 year MBA and the students enjoy the same placements as well.

The course is not recognized by Association of Indian Universities so SBI will not fund you however

~Puneet

That last piece of info was really crucial. Thanks Puneet for sharing that.
I too got an email from the adcom asking me if I wanted to be considered for the MSIA program. Thus I was debating on similar lines as most of you folks have cited on this thread.
From what I got from the contacts for the MSIA program, the curriculum is the same as for the 1-yr MBA curriculum (accredited in the US on-par with the 1-yr MBA program). It would be a 48-credit (11 month) program versus the 60-credit (21 month) full-time mba program. The MSIA students take the courses along with the 1st yr MBA students (same study groups, etc.) and are routed through the same career services team as the MBA class would be. The applicant pool availing the career services would be lower because many students come into the MSIA program through company sponsored sabbaticals and thus go back to their same company.

But obviously, you would be pooled against the MBA students (who would have gone through a yr of specialization) when it came to applying for jobs. I am planning towards a career switch into SCM (from IT) and thus I am not so sure if this is the right program for me. Especially since I don't have a work experience in SCM. The placements (in my intended area) would be pretty tough without that specialization for me.

You can email your queries to the school at - masters@krannert.purdue.edu

Cheers!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Me too in the same boat. Got offer for 1 year MSIA. The course is of course at par with 2 year MBA and the students enjoy the same placements as well.

The course is not recognized by Association of Indian Universities so SBI will not fund you however

~Puneet

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
As posted earlier I was in the waiting list for MBA 06, but today only I received a reply from Krannert saying that they are willing to offer me admission in the one year Master of Science in Industrial Administration (MSIA).
I checked up their site, apart from the duration, the course content for MBA and MSIA is the same. Is there anyone over here who has a clue to what is the scope of MSIA.
please reply to this post,
Ankur Kumar

Hi all..
Me too was placed in Waiting list in R1 and now received a mail saying that i am offered a seat for the MSIA program. Absolutely no idea on this course... Having mailed to the Univeristy students and professors... they all say that MSIA=One yr general management MBA program. Please pour n ur thoughts!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
As posted earlier I was in the waiting list for MBA 06, but today only I received a reply from Krannert saying that they are willing to offer me admission in the one year Master of Science in Industrial Administration (MSIA).
I checked up their site, apart from the duration, the course content for MBA and MSIA is the same. Is there anyone over here who has a clue to what is the scope of MSIA.
please reply to this post,
Ankur Kumar

Hi all..
Me too was placed in Waiting list in R1 and now received a mail saying that i am offered a seat for the MSIA program. Absolutely no idea on this course... Having mailed to the Univeristy students and professors... they all say that MSIA=One yr general management MBA program. Please pour n ur thoughts!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Wanted to know how good Krannert is for IB.

What I have come to know is that Purdue is more known for its Operations Focus rather than Fin.

Can anyone throw some light on this.

Regards
Sumit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi ppl,

I have got an admit from Purdue for their 1 year MSIA program. Can someone give some information regarding the program. I want to get some information on the placements and any kind of aid if available for the program. Since the program seems very rigourous, is it possible to do some part time job to square out the expenses?
Any kind of information will be helpful. You can also reach me at vgargmba@gmail.com.

Regards,
Vivek

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No idea about the MSIA program. but I gave up on my Krannert seat and is likely to be offered to waitlisted candidates. The non-refundable fee varies b/w universities- from 300$ to 750$

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...