Admitted to IOWA

55 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
Hi Guys .. I got an admit from IOWA Tippie School of Business .. the school is offering me some funding in the form of graduate assisantship .. it should cover a good part of the tuition and living expenditure ... I also have a call from AIM...
Page 1 of 6
@adiank
@adiank i ahve a work experience of 1.5 yrs and i wud soon be writing my gmat?
is 1.5 yrs good enough to fetch a call from tippie given a good gmat score or not ? pls help me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Me too at Tippie. 710/1.5 years in IT. From Bangalore.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
datewithdestiny Says
I could not join... thr seems to be a prob mayukh...

Hi all,

This is for all those who want to join the Yahoo group uiowa_class_2008, but cannot do so due to some problem. Send me all of you your Yahoo email addresses and I'll add u in this grp. We already have 4 -5 members in this group with very a database for profiles and contact numbers. Please add your name in this database so that we can be in touch before landing in US.

Thanks
Mayukh Basu.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I could not join... thr seems to be a prob mayukh...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

Those of you who cannot find the site uiowa_class_2008, the subscription email id is uiowa_class_2008-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Please send mail to register in this group.

Regards,
Mayukh Basu.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Those of you who have got admission in Iowa please go to http://groups.yahoo.com/ and register in the group uiowa_class_2008. We'll use this group to exchange views, see each others' profiles and keep in touch thru Yahoo Messenger.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
RPJ
@RPJ  ·  0 karma
meee too waiting for TAMU.
I guess I will research more before accepting the offer.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi senapati, quite a disturbing info.

Can u pls temm the id of this guy or the source of this info..

it is really imp for me..

As far as i think, with a batch size of 70, 97% placements and tution fees around 7 lakhs, TAMu is not at all bad option.

it is one of the most popular " best buys"

i would like to know the comments of more learned people..pls help me out
thanks
samarth

Hi samarth

Sorry for late reply. I was on my way back to India for vacation.
Source of info -> former student of TAMU MBA posting on BusinessWeek Forum. Just search for TAMU Mays and you would get there.

For more info ask other TAMU admits. There's another THREAD on TAMU.
It seems lots of folks on BW forum are unhappy about TAMU. Don't know why as I did ZERO research on this school.

Senapati
Stanford 2006 Admit
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys ..pls reply to my last thread

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Chandler,
Getting internship is not an issue . Lots of b-schools have 95%+ interships. Issue is getting jobs in US AFTER b-school. Iowa is cheaper than top b-schools no doubt. But job prospects in US are LOW.No student says his b-school is bad even if he knows deficiencies of the school.
About 2 schools u raised
Georgia - Terry is better not because of ranking but it's near Atlanta (a high-tech center). Not a bad school if you wanna stay in IT.
TAMU -> 4th ranked college in Texas (after UT,Rice,SMU) again low cost.
Inputs from a TAMU student in 2003 (I gathered this while I did research last year)
"If any of you are thinking of going to Texas A&M; University Mays Business School, I strongly urge you to reconsider. I made a BAD decision in coming here. I received a lucrative scholarship that enticed me into buying the "no debt coming out of grad school." I did well on the GMAT and had some great options for my MBA and I took A&M;? Anyone who is considering this school, think twice. The MBA Office (Wendy Flynn and Carol Scherer) are complete frauds, dishonest, and incompetent. If you are looking to go to a mediocre and very average school that does not place its MBA Program as its priority in the business school, then Texas A&M; is for you. Go to a school, even if debt is involved, that will create a useful network, treat you like an adult, and offer you some options for a future career. Debt can be paid back and in this case, is nothing more than an investment for future return. Don't come here until some serious things change. Take it from me, a disgusted second year student. If you are making a career switch...beware of Texas A&M; and the lies that Wendy Flynn and Carol Scherer will spout!!! Run away! Run away! Run away!!!!!"

Chandler, with 7 years exp and 720 you had a great chance of getting in 10-20 ranked schools esp Purdue, CMU, Maryland which are good in IT.
Are u willing to stay in IT? You should have applied to these 3 in R1.

Try schools in UK/Euro with your work ex. schools that come to mind for IT are
1) Cambridge - Judge and 2) Rotterdam. Maybe it's late but lob in app and see how it goes. You could still make it to these 2. There's also 3 good b-schools in Spain.

Senapati
Stanford 2006 Admit

Hi senapati, quite a disturbing info.

Can u pls temm the id of this guy or the source of this info..

it is really imp for me..

As far as i think, with a batch size of 70, 97% placements and tution fees around 7 lakhs, TAMu is not at all bad option.

it is one of the most popular " best buys"

i would like to know the comments of more learned people..pls help me out
thanks
samarth
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...