Admission to Ceibs Shanghai : Queries welcome !!

37 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
hi group i'm raghu, mech engg fm nit with 7 yrs exp primarily in telecom business development. gmat 670. have received admission offer from Ceibs shanghai, Iese and melbourne. taken up ceibs offer and will join in august. 4 reasons why ceibs ...
Page 1 of 4

What are the academic, work experience and profile requirements for the full-time MBA in CEIBS?

I'm a 2013 IT passed out. TCSer and MBA in China aspirant.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,
I got an admit from Cranfield for 2011 and have recieved the mail for hostel accomodation as well.
However, i have also gotten thru CEIBS at Shanghai and now I am in a dilemma.

Shanghai will have language issues while London has sizeable Indian population (after college I gotta wrk abroad to repay loans). to add to this, there is this language barrier in Shanghai. BUT, CEIBS is ranked way higher and has same visiting faculty as ISB (Wharton, Kelloggs etc)

Can u please advise?
thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Do we have a thread for CEIBS 2011 aspirants?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi

I have recieved an interview call from CEIBS.. Any help on the overall feel of interview, dos and dont's would be greatly appreciated. What are the general topics that they stress on.. Please help.

My profile is as follows

Indian IT Male
GMAT - 700
Work Ex - 7 years (5 years TCS - 2 years HCL Perot)
International work ex - 2 and half years (US + Canada)
Currently based in Toronto
Extra curriculars decent - editor college magazine, Lateral thinking faculty

THanks
Rahul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi ahmed,

tis gud to hear fm u. wht u're upto these days?

HI Raghu,

Hope that you are doing good !!!! We at PG are eagerly awaiting a detailed post from you about the life at CEIBS !!!!

Plz share your experience with us.

Thankx
Azeem
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi raghu,
i am also inclined towards settling in china on a long term.
right now i have an experience of just 1 year, soft. engg. at ibm.
did mech. engg. from iit-kgp, planning to give gmat.
could u tell me if i should wait to have more experience before i apply to ceibs, or, apply right now.
?
btw, do we need any specific experience before we apply to ceibs?
regards,
abhishek.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi ahmed,

tis gud to hear fm u. wht u're upto these days?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi pagals

its almost months since i posted anything here or updated my blog,

Hi Quality its so good to hear from you. All the best.

Azeem
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi pagals

its almost months since i posted anything here or updated my blog, u bet life was on a roll all these daysit can be refreshing to go back to acads after working for somany yrs, sometimes challenging or even frustrating:( and i went thru all these moods during my 1st month of mba at ceibs.

well, one gud thing abt ceibs is the student body, u find ppl even wth 12 yrs exp in different sectors, also doctors, legal consultants, NGOs, there is also a 18 yr old entrepreneur(he is a graduate though). we're 162 students this yr, 32% international, if u remove overseas chinese, taiwanese, hk, macao, still ~27%, fm 20 countries, avg workex 6 yrs, age 29, fm all continents except antartica, faculty is international, facilities r pretty good, very gud camaraderies betwn chinese & foreigners

wht they need to improve is ----- food the canteen food really sucks! but who the heck is bothered! shanghai is known for international cuisines & the city never sleeps:) suits all budgets, u've roadside stalls -> country cuisines -> karoake(very popular) ->party places....

language is another barrier, but tis upto the individual student to work on that! i'm working on that, school offers free language courses which r not enoughso engaging a private tutor come next week:)a cute chinese chick:)

CDC (the career dev centre) need to improve fast to serve international students:( jobs for chinese students r aplenty, thts why many chinese guys stick to ceibs even wth top us mba offers:wow:however, for foreigners, need to master the language, tis not easy, though am trying my level best:)

personally love the ambience of shanghaivery trendy & neat, can be very crowded during peak hours, international community is on the rising, u've lots of expat joints around, indian/italian/mexican/french/amercian clubs r aplenty....

oops! am the new president of Social venture club at Ceibs! (in china, the concept of CSR & social ventures r just begginning to catch up, so we've the responsibility of educating the future business leaders of china about being globally responsible!:))

any specific Qs, u can pm me or msn. am also posting some photos 2day late evening on my blog, som can be quite naughty!!

take care / raghu

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...