Internships With Tribunals, High Courts And Law Firms at The NorthCap University
- NCU Law School provides quality internships and placements with Tier-I, II, & III Top Law Firms, Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, National Tribunals and Centre & State Commissions etc.
- Internships at office of Public Prosecutor, Gurugram
- Pre-Placement Internships at Fortune 500 Companies of Delhi/NCR
- Collaboration with National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
- Association with Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III Top Law Firms of Delhi/NCR
- MOU with various NGOs to provide internship opportunities to the students
- Collaboration with National Legal Services Authority, Delhi
- Association with Principal Bench, National Green Tribunal, Delhi
- Association under “UK-Mission” Programme with British Council, India
The Department of Applied Sciences at The NorthCap University offers a wide range of courses in the areas of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to build a strong foundation of students as a part of engineering education. The Department also offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in basic
Sciences. We educate a diverse group of students through a blend of rigorous and project-based curriculum and adopting unique teaching methodologies. Basic Sciences form the backbone for knowledge development not only for scientists but also for engineers. Their focus is to produce scientists and engineers equipped with modern scientific tools with strong understanding towards real world and engineering problems.
BTech ME with specialization in Mechanical Engineering Design
Design Engineers are required in almost every sector be it automobile, aerospace, shipping, construction, IC design, medical equipment’s, sports gears and office accessories etc. Industrial designers also carry out extensive research on latest design trends, market values, safety, texture, shape, safety weight and materials to be used before designing a product.
Learning Outcomes of this Track:
- subject-specific technical knowledge and expertise
- commercial awareness of your specialist area of engineering
- an eye for detail and a methodical work process
- IT and CAD knowledge
- analytical and numeracy skills
- creative problem-solving ability
BTech ME with specialization in Thermal Engineering
These days development of any nation is directly linked to its energy self sufficiency which is not possible without efficient utilization of the available resources. Specialization in Thermal Engineering provides an edge to the students who want to pursue their career in the energy linked industries viz. power, refrigeration and air conditioning, renewable energy, design of internal engines etc.
Learning Outcomes of this Track:
- Analytical solution of conduction heat transfer problems
- Design and develop of thermal management systems viz. extended surfaces
- Computational analysis of thermal systems
- Optimization of thermal management systems
- Preparation of research articles
- Awareness about current state-of-the-art
- Eye for detail and a methodical work process
- Creative problem solving ability
Civil Engineering is considered the second-oldest engineering discipline after military engineering. It is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings, and railways.
Once a student becomes a graduate in Civil Engineering he/she is expected to do the following:
- Analyze long range plans, survey reports, maps and other data to plan and design projects.
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards and other factors during the planning and risk-analysis stages of a project.
- Compile and submit permit applications to local, state and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations.
- Oversee and analyze the results of soil testing to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations.
BTech CE with specialization in Construction & Project Management
Besides new constructions, as infrastructure continues to age, there is huge demand to manage projects, rebuild bridges, repair roads and upgrade levels and dams etc.
This specialization in Construction & Project Management introduces specific project management techniques that oversee the planning, design and the construction of a project from start to finish. The most important aspects to control in construction are time, cost and quality. Special training on Primavera will be given to students.
Students will have:
- Knowledge on basics of project management for different case studies.
- Effectively apply skill acquired in this area on fieldwork.
- Effectively produce prototype models related to subject area.
- Establish collaboration with other disciplines to deliver efficient and accurate projects.
BTech CE with specialization in Smart Infrastructure Development
Change is continuous in life and every individual is striving to have his or her dream house and day-to-day facilities to be easily available to them. Civil industry is continuously upgrading itself towards smart facilities. Everything is expected to be available at the fingertips. Smart home, Smart Surroundings will contribute to Smart City which will help people to live a convenient life.
This specialization will prepare students to understand and implement principles of Smart Infrastructure development and management. Smart infrastructure development introduces some key components of smart city infrastructure such as smart buildings, smart mobility, smart energy, smart water and waste management systems and highlights the need for an integrated approach in dealing with such infrastructure.
The BA Hons Psychology program at NCU facilitates students in transferring knowledge of psychology theory to innovative contexts and develops an operational understanding of psychology’s content domains. BA Hons Psychology program offers students a unique liberal arts education that helps them in exploring different philosophies, cultures, and human experiences which will broaden their worldview and provide them with a valued perspective sought by today’s global companies. The broad nature of elective courses in the program offer plenty of career options and confirms the applicability of psychological understanding in the areas of counselling, clinical research, organizational behaviour, and applied psychology experiments.
Aim of B.A. (Hons) Economics programme at NCU is to equip students with firm foundation of knowledge in advanced Macro and Micro Economics theory, Research Methodology, Development and Growth Economics, Econometric Models, Mathematical Economics and many more. The programme equips students with analytical, research and decision making skills besides developing national and international perspective. These skills set are much valued by employers and hence graduates of economics play a vital role in organizations. We produce students who are ready for opportunities in the market, be it Corporate Sector, Public Sector, Non-Governmental/ Social Sector or have a desire to pursue higher studies in Economics or related disciplines.