Admission Experience at IIM Kashipur

1 Post  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hello Everyone, I got selected for IIM Kashipur after a month of being in waitlist. I got the acceptance mail on 30th June 2013 evening. I was asked to pay Rs. 25,000 through DD/NEFT/RTGS by 3rd to confirm my joining. Few minutes later I ...
Page 1 of 1

Hello Everyone,

I got selected for IIM Kashipur after a month of being in waitlist.
I got the acceptance mail on 30th June 2013 evening. I was asked to pay Rs. 25,000 through DD/NEFT/RTGS by 3rd to confirm my joining.
Few minutes later I got a mail informing me to report at Kashipur by 3rd July 2013 with first term fees.

I spoke to Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) on 1st July 2013 morning, asking for more time as It was impossible for a middle class guy coming from other end of the country (Chennai) to get everything done in 2 days.
He said he "Understands" my position and told that he will discuss with officials in Admissions and get back to me.
He called back in late after noon telling me to come by 6th July 2013 and attend class on 8th.

Trusting his words I applied for loan , got all the documents (about 20), got relieved from office (worked for 11 months), booked air tickets (for the first time) and made all packaging.

On the eve of my journey (5th July 2013) I called the guy responsible for checking in to college, to inform my arrival.
To my horror he told me not to come since the admission process is closed.
I called CAO to protest and he gave rude response saying he never spoke to me before.

I then spoke to the Director who told me to send an email and wait for response in two days as my case will be reviewed by the Board Members.I sent an email on the same day explaining my position and mailed it to the Director, Dean ,Chairperson and the Admissions Office.

I waited till 10th and sent an another email to Director asking for an early response.
I also sent scanned copy of 1st term fees DD/My relieving letter from office and proof of payment of 25,000 towards confirmation of admissions with UTR number from the bank ( I got confirmation of my acceptance to join IIM Kashipur from Admissions office on 3rd July itself).

Till today I did not receive any response from the Director or any one concerned.

Today morning , 12th July I again spoke to the Director only to get a response saying he will speak to some officials and contact me but he has not done till now.

Though I am very much disappointed by these events I am much more pained by the dishonesty of the officials at such high position of respect.

Though I respect the institution same as before, I lost my interest in joining this institution ever and I feel that am destined to better opportunities in the future as the age is my side (Just 22😃).

However, the behavior of these officials and their total lack of integrity cannot be brushed aside and by sharing my experience with you guys I hope you do not face my situation ever .I hope that by some means these officials face justice.

My intention is not to malign the institution or to get your sympathy but only to share my experience and bring the pathetic behavior of the Officials at IIM Kashipur to your notice.

Sriram,
Chennai.

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...