Adieu Warne....

6 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Shane Warne ,today ,announced that he'll retire after the end of Ashes series.It'll b curtains to the career of one of the greatest cricketers that the game has ever witnessed. ''Warne was born in Melbourne on September 13, 1969 and wanted a car...
Page 1 of 1

The greatest leg spinner ever Shane Warne the
""True Wizard of Oz"

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I feel Shane Warne deserves a thread!
If every goddamn section in a stupid entrance exam deserves booklet-size threads, so does Shane Warne - the greatest showman the game of Cricket has ever seen!

Kinda turned emotional today when his tally crossed 700. It will always be my regret not to have watched him in action during his golden years (1993-96; didn't have cable tv back then, at home)

Today, I was reminded of a Terry Jenner piece in Sportstar eight years ago. The year was 1998, and Warne had just taken his 300th wicket against S.A.
Jenner predicted that Warne might double his tally before he calls it a day (i.e reach 600). This prediction was considered way too unrealistic by other pundits! Mind you, Jenner said this before Warne had any of his injuries and the subsequent loss of form, before the 1 yr ban....

Eight years later, Warne has exceeded Jenner's supposedly wild estimate of 600 by a margin of OVER A HUNDRED. This despite the countless obstacles he has faced during that 8 yr period....(finger injury, shoulder injury, loss of form, bookmaker controversy, 1yr ban, marital problems and what not)

What a player!

PS: Shane Warne was voted one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the 20th century....What's interesting is that he took MORE wickets in the 21st century than he did in the 20th century....HUH!

PPS: I often wonder how many temples would've been built for Shane Warne had he been an Indian 😉

maHip jee aap lock karna bhool gaye....

yes man....

Warnie was is & will be the greatest legspinner the game has ever produced ...:)
or let me be more correct ....the greatest & the most controversial legspinner the game has ever produced ...

though he'd keep having nightmares of indian batters esp SACHIN :grab: & SIDDHU..
not to forget brian lara...

on or off field he kept bowling the maidens ove .....

adieu warnie !!!
pure genius.......:satisfie:

Don't open different threads for Cricket~!
Continue here ..

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cricket-trivia-and-discussions-25001917

Thanks! 😃

Shane Warne ,today ,announced that he'll retire after the end of Ashes series.It'll b curtains to the career of one of the greatest cricketers that the game has ever witnessed.
''Warne was born in Melbourne on September 13, 1969 and wanted a career as an Australian rules footballer. Fortunately he failed and his sharp sporting mind and huge wrists concentrated on cricket.
He made his debut for Victoria in 1991 and his first two overs went for 20. Later that year he was drinking with his mates at the MCG not knowing that in a week he would be appearing in his first Test. He had played only four first-class games for his state and the step up was a shock. His test debut was against INDIA in 1991-92."
After 143 Tests he is one away from taking his 700th victim at the MCG from Boxing Day.It's befitting for him that he'll b playing his last game before his home crowd n will become the first cricketer to claim 700 test wickets.
The most commendable thing about his decision is that he has decided to call it a day when he was at the peak of his career;was the game's leading wicket taker with 699 wickets. This comes at a time , when cricketers try to stretch their career as long as possible, n tend to retire only when they r thrown out .
As per Warne, "My life has been unbelievable. I'm going out on top, and in my terms. It's a day of celebration." In two Tests he will be gone and Australia will lose its second greatest player.

Adieu Warne, the game will definately be poorer without you.:neutral: