Aced the GMAT: 740(Q:48, V:44) - 3rd attempt

7 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
My dear puys, Finally, I crossed the 700 barrier.. :: I would like to thank everyone in this forum for having played important roles in this GMAT journey,for sparing time to respond to my queries and for shedding light on me.... Took ...
Page 1 of 1

Congrats Sabby! V44 is a rocking score. As Ashish mentioned perhaps you can put a detailed debrief. More importantly your stick-to-it-ivness is what others can get inspiration from

Enjoy the moment!

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats,sabby.Your hard work and persistence finally paid off.

It is the elixir of movement that drives me;i just do not know how to be still!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
dsudipto Says
Amazing tenacity....hats off to you

Hi dsudipto,
Thanks a lot for ur wishes 😁
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Amazing tenacity....hats off to you

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Ashish,
Thanks a lot for ur wishes and kind words..

As u might have seen from my scores, the greatest difference that I made was in the verbal section.So,I will try to sum up the changes that I made in my approach in that section.

A general change that I did for both CR and RC sections was that I slowed down my pace of reading.In my earlier attempts, I used to read very fast due to the pressure to manage time.However, I identifed that reading very fast didnot help me in comprehending the needed information, leading to wrong answers or re-reading of the passage.

I also started to look at each answer choice with the idea of eliminating it rather than selecting it.This helped me in spotting atleast one reason for removing an answer and thus leaving with one answer choice.This strategy is commonly used for the SC section,but I found this technique to be helpful for the entire verbal section.

Now coming to section wise changes,

CR:
- In my 3rd attempt,I started reading the question first rather than the passage.Doing so helped me in getting prepared for what to look for in the given CR passage.This really made a great impact in the CR section.

Rc:
-I started taking notes of the passage in forms of hints/flow charts.This really helped me to understand better, the structure and the content of the passage.

SC:
I didnot make any big changes in this section.I just solved a lot more practice questions.

Regards,
Sabby

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What all colleges are you aiming for?
And share your profile too!

Congratulations. Great Score! 😃

MDI Gurgaon 2015-17 CAT '14: 99.14 MDI & New IIMs convert, SPJIMR & FMS WL, KS reject. CAT '12: 97.79 
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My dear puys,
Finally, I crossed the 700 barrier..

I would like to thank everyone in this forum for having played important roles in this GMAT journey,for sparing time to respond to my queries and for shedding light on me....

Took my 3rd attempt last wednesday, 23rd May 2012...

After reading that score,I couldn't control my tears...
The screen showed 740 (Q 48, V 44)..97th percentile...

What more can I ask for??:biggrin:

My scores in mock exams....

Exam Name Q V Total
MGMAT 1 - 48 44 750
MGMAT 2 - 44 39 690
MGMAT 3 - 43 40 690
MGMAT 4 - 46 45 740
MGAMT 5 - 47 45 740
MGMAT 6 - 48 44 750

Kaplan1 - 38 24 550
Kaplan2 - 35 31 560

Veritas - 45 38 660

GMAC1 - 49 35 690
GMAC2 - 47 38 690

D Day - 48 44 740

Read my failure stories here : http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/gmat-and-related-discussions/29450-low-gmat-scores-find-help-104.html#post2910508

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...