academics....

15 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
i have got a terrible undergraduate academic record,way,way beyond anyone's imagination.....:(......would it be worth the effort to go for an MBA??n i wud also be competing with ppl who r way much younger than me,with nothing to back me up.an hone...
Page 1 of 2

Hi....

I hav a good academics in 10th and 12th(above 90%) and in coll i hav nearly(92%) but i had one arrear which i hav cleared.The reason for arrear being that I was not feeling well the day before exam. So i dint wrote the exam well and subsequently i got an arrear.
Will this hamper me in getting the calls??(from blacki?? can u explain me induvidually abt these institutes how they l treat the arrears?)

Also in personal interview can i tell like,,Well I was not feelin well before the exam(the reason for the 1arrear) and may be my CGPA(overall %) tells my caliber... Is this explanation ok???

This question is slowing down my pace gonna take cat11

Thanks to the pagalguys in advance

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
aren't we jumping the gun a little bit here...
10 days before the paper you are asking abt interviews.. Well all the best mate.. I wish I had your confidence
anyways
hope this link helps you out!!!

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/links-for-gd-pi-experiences-25000720/10053

Anarchy the number of thnx u've got is awsome...which is the post which has brought u so many accolades...I generally dun miss ur posts.
bharat_jhurani Says
I m an elec and comm engineer.. neone has a clue what questions i would b asked in a normal MBA interview??? i m a fresher, i.e. m in the final yr...

aren't we jumping the gun a little bit here...
10 days before the paper you are asking abt interviews.. Well all the best mate.. I wish I had your confidence
anyways
hope this link helps you out!!!

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/links-for-gd-pi-experiences-25000720/10053

I m an elec and comm engineer.. neone has a clue what questions i would b asked in a normal MBA interview??? i m a fresher, i.e. m in the final yr...

hey mirkwood.. go thru this post by prof calculus!!

now here's something which should cheer you up...
Not much need to worry..
But don't take CAT as casually as u might take Engineering etc etc... Provided you are passionate enough.. Nothing is impossible in this field!!!
but then again, nothing is certain!!

well tat did cheer ma spirits ! thanx a lot buddy !!
but still even if i end up gettin a good score .. the top institutes wouldnt rule me out jus coz ma acads were screwed-up right ??

hey mirkwood.. go thru this post by prof calculus!!

Just a few words buddy,
Keep going instead of worrying. Paths are definitely not closed for you.

Start working on yourself immediately with a well dedined objective, e.g. CAT 2007 etc.

Once you start you will find confidence in yourself and a lot of help from people in this forum.

Dont waste your time in unnecessary tension. Life is not finished for you yet, I am sure.

One more little information which may or may not be useful for you. You call yourself old. I am 42 years, and appearing at CAT2006 with my focus on Fellow program in Management. If I am unable to make it, I am all set to try again next years.

I assure you that my acads are no better that those of yours, and I had left mathematics after 12th. That was more than 20 years ago.

Keep good spirits are wrok on continuously. You will succeed for certain.

All the best

now here's something which should cheer you up...
Not much need to worry..
But don't take CAT as casually as u might take Engineering etc etc... Provided you are passionate enough.. Nothing is impossible in this field!!!
but then again, nothing is certain!!

people plzz help! .. ma acads were decent till ma +2 .. always had 75+ .. but after getting in2 engineerin .. ma grades are pretty bad .. i got detained now after completing 2 years of ma engineering .. i iwll have to sit back for another year .. so can ya kindly temme if this would have any impact during the admission process of any premier institution .. now that i have a couple of backlogs and got 2 more years in engineering .. if i can get ma aggregate somewhere close to 65 % will i stand an equal chance ??

and do these premier instututes have a policy against taking people who faced detention ??

thanx in advance ..

cheers !!

Relax dude this a life ups & downs ,failures ,tragedies r part of our life we get what we sow ,also no point in brooding abt ur past just concentrate on ur present there r numerous examples where ppl from bottom in very adverse situations made it to top & u r just 26 dude , so just prep well for mba & i hope u will get thru best colleges I dunno abt cat but I guess u can land up in other b schools from mat & nowadays even ppl from mediocore mba colleges get decent jobs & it just depends on ur attitude .
so stay + ve & have a best of luck .

after all who wants a old failure?

Just a few words buddy,
Keep going instead of worrying. Paths are definitely not closed for you.

Start working on yourself immediately with a well dedined objective, e.g. CAT 2007 etc.

Once you start you will find confidence in yourself and a lot of help from people in this forum.

Dont waste your time in unnecessary tension. Life is not finished for you yet, I am sure.

One more little information which may or may not be useful for you. You call yourself old. I am 42 years, and appearing at CAT2006 with my focus on Fellow program in Management. If I am unable to make it, I am all set to try again next years.

I assure you that my acads are no better that those of yours, and I had left mathematics after 12th. That was more than 20 years ago.

Keep good spirits are wrok on continuously. You will succeed for certain.

All the best

hey man!!

there is no reason to be bogged down lemme tell u frm my own experience. My Bro though good student till 12th and got thru good engg college in pune had the same profile like yours. Only god knows what happened to him there he took 8 years to complete his BE.

Our family was very disappointed. But one day he decided he would appear for CAT and MAT. We all were negative and thought that it would be also a money wasting exercise.

But to our amazement he scored 93 and 98 percentile in CAT and MAT. Though he didnt got calls from any good college but he managed to get calls from 2-3 govt colleges and he finallly converted in a govt college(sorry but i cant tell you the name). There he performed like anything!! he was second position holder in his batch and got placed in Reliance. And now he is earning 4 lacs per annum which is quite decent plus a better job profile of a manager.

So there is way out, for sure and nobody will ask for your marks in engg if u do well in MBA.
But i advice u that you should try to get in some govt MBA (even less reputed) rather than any private instt. as there u have some chances of placement.

my best wishes