a'badites please help. TIME or IMS?

21 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
Back with another querry :: . Could someone lemme know the pros and cons of TIME & IMS long term(around 12-14 months) classroom coaching of ahmedabad. would like to know the fields in which each of them excel in and regarding the material they pr...
Page 1 of 3
paradoxical123 Says
Can somebody please compare Maths and DI faculty at PT And TIME? Which is better as far as classroom coaching is concerned? Since, I am a CAT retaker am more interested in solving lots of CAT level questions and getting doubts solved rather than learning basics.

plz dont bump into an old dead thread,plz continue here

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/coaching-classes-for-cat-25002791

mods,plz do the needful.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can somebody please compare Maths and DI faculty at PT And TIME? Which is better as far as classroom coaching is concerned? Since, I am a CAT retaker am more interested in solving lots of CAT level questions and getting doubts solved rather than learning basics.

Hi!
This is shalin jain. Is there anyone in ahmedabad city who has joined TIME or IMS coaching institute for CAT 2006 or 2007. I have joined for pt educations pinnacle total 2007 course. I have learned from numerous posts on pagalguy.com and other forums that it is always advisable to refer materials of 2 coaching institutes. So, i was thinking that if there was anybody who has joined Time or Ims in ahmedabad, then we could arrange a meet for exchange of materials for a short time. In this way, we can get various benefits of indtitutes of other materials and that too without spending a single penny. So, is there anyone from ahmedabad. If interested, then PM or post your reply.

Thank u.

Regards,
Shalin Jain

www.sarkarilife.com - Tons of resources to help you crack Government Bank Exams

And samit u forgot to mention that you used to take classes at TIME too.......
No harm meant......
Ciao soon
Indranil

Hi ppl...

I am from Ahmedabad as well, currently studying @ MDI, Gurgaon. Had joined TIME, Ahmedabad for the year long batch... and can tell you that was more than satisfied by my decision.

TIME is relatively new in Ahmedabad, but despite that fact, their results are more than comparable with already established "brands" called PT and IMS, if not better ! We at TIME had great results this time around...

The reading material - probably IMS wins, and from what I've heard from friends n associates is that PT wins in Class Preps. But when it comes to All India Mock CATs, TIME's the winner for me ! Most definitely !

Second, I would not say that TIME is bad in material, or class preps - it is more than good enough. I still have more than 60% of the material unsolved So, don't worry about the amount and quality of material - that is top notch !

So, take your pick... and let me know what was your final decision. I was a TIME student, and the staff and faculty there were more than willing to help in any issue that comes to my mind, from the day i enrolled, to the day i left Ahmedabad to come to MDI !

Keep pouring in messages !

Samit.

Hi, PT,IMS,TIME are the three national centres for CAT in A'bad. REAL CAT results into IIMs with classroom courses are with IMS and TIME. IMS has very good Correspondence material but not so good classroom coaching. TIME has best material and very good faculty line up. PT has big classrooms, more students per batch, no personal attention. Material is good. Maximum IIM alumni faculty are with TIME and next with PT and none with IMS. I have just joined TIME for CAT 2004 and I am sure to get the best out of it. I have joined their Satellite Centre in June and they have same faculty at both the centres.

My bet would be TIME, PT, IMS in that order for Ahmedabad.

Whoops! Pardon me. Miss-spelt!

I meant to say Khyati. Not Kyati! 😛

cattie Says
have always been wondering what went into u'r head to have such an absurd Id

Dont worry yaar! You aint the only one wondering what absurd things have gotten into my tiny head! Hehehe!

If distance is a problem, then I agree with Kyati: Go for IMS Postal + MockCats from some other place.

The only thing is... the IMS course kinda dumps all the mocks on you in a heap. If you join a classroom course, you get weekly mocks and immediate results and feedback. At IMS, they start sending the mocks only around late-August.

That way, you *do* have mocks to practise with, but then you have invested into some otehr test series (like Time's AIMCAT).

Then with all those mocks on your hand, things can be a little messy.

Tell you what? I'm online now. Yahoo: jughead117, MSN: Hemant_11@hotmail.com

Gimme a yell!

Cheers

Hemant
tnameh| Says
Oh... and my name's Hemant. Yes, I'm a southie (Telegu) but the name doesn't end with an 'H'!!!

Sorry abt the name boss. I shoulda guessed it earlier tnameh='hemant'. have always been wondering what went into u'r head to have such an absurd Id(no offence). Finally I get it. btw me a bengali brought up in vizag, now in g'nagar pursuing b-tech.

|khyati Says
its better to go for IMS correspondnce n then join various test series rather than shuttle between ashram road n highway

actually I am particuarly in the look for a contact class program. anyways I'm opting for the weekends schedule so wouldn't really be much of a prob. only praying for a quality batch.

For classroom training in A'bad, dont look beyond 1) PT (ASHRAM ROAD ONLY) 2) IMS (necessarily in that order)

even i wud vouch for the same. and talkin about the success ratio of PT, some of the IIM call getters are the ones who had joined PT just for the GD/PI...i cant assure u the quality of people u might get in your batch, but PT wud have better crowd than IMS

its better to go for IMS correspondnce n then join various test series rather than shuttle between ashram road n highway