A Tricky Question by Erudite

8 Posts  ·  1 User
About this group
*Saboo has to transfer Rs. 10,000/- to the bank account of a friend. He has written down the account number on a piece paper. But since he had forgotten to take out the paper from his trousers when he put them in the washing machine, one digit of ...
Page 1 of 1

test

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[592477:constanza]

Q. Four friends are on one side of a bridge. They have to cross over to the other
side. There is no light on the bridge and it is dark. They can only cross safely if
they have some light. Together they carry only one torch. Unfortunately this torch
only gives enough light for two people to walk safely. Each friend has a different
walking pace than others. The fastest of them can cross bridge in 1 minute, the
next one in 2 minutes, the third in 5 minutes and the slowest of them all in 10
minutes. If two friends are on the other side of the bridge, one has to go back to
give the torch to the others. If the friends cross over to the other side as quickly
as possible, how much time does it take them in total?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
A man would like to take a child care policy. An officer taking care of these matters says to the man: "Please tell me how many children you have." The man answers: "I have three of them." The officer: "What are the ages of your children?". The man answers: "The product of the ages is equal to 36." The officer replies: "This is not enough information Sir!". "Sorry that I was a little bit unclear, but the sum of the ages is equal to the number of shops in front of your office," says the man. The officer: "This still isn't enough information Sir!". The man replies: "My oldest child loves chocolate." The officer: "Thanks for your cooperation, I now know the ages." Are you as smart as the officer? Then give the ages of the children.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Make 24 by using the following numbers only once: 1, 3, 4 and 6. You are allowed to add, subtract, multiply or divide.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

well it certainly is very tricky .. i can't even see it! it's like from that movie EXAM(2009):P

folllowing my dreams... not other's footsteps!! :D
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Saboo has to transfer Rs. 10,000/- to the bank account of a friend. He has written down the account number on a piece paper. But since he had forgotten to take out the paper from his trousers when he put them in the washing machine, one digit of the bank account number became unreadable. The note says: 3170?4847. His friend is away on a vacation, so it is not possible for Saboo to contact him. So he asks his friend ‚Ź „ s sister Raima for the information. Raima says that for an account number to be valid it should satisfy the following condition, i.e., the first digit times 9 + the second digit times 8 + the third digit times 7 + ...... + the ninth digit times 1 should be divisible by 11. Saboo thinks for a moment and finds the correct number. What is it?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Saboo has to transfer Rs. 10,000/- to the bank account of a friend. He has written down the account number on a piece paper. But since he had forgotten to take out the paper from his trousers when he put them in the washing machine, one digit of the bank account number became unreadable. The note says: 3170?4847. His friend is away on a vacation, so it is not possible for Saboo to contact him. So he asks his friend ‚Ź „ s sister Raima for the information. Raima says that for an account number to be valid it should satisfy the following condition, i.e., the first digit times 9 + the second digit times 8 + the third digit times 7 + ...... + the ninth digit times 1 should be divisible by 11. Saboo thinks for a moment and finds the correct number. What is it?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...