a dilemma...

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
hi , i am engg passout , 2005 batch ( electronix ) , but due to a back paper in the final semester ... i cud graduate only on may 2006 , thnx to the univ delays) ... i converted a job i'view at satyam but couldnt join since the marks wer...
Page 1 of 1
i wud suggest tht u prepare hard for CAT'06 & try to get calls from good b-schools...also, keep trying for a job...not all cos want 65%..i know of many such cos esp in the s/w sector which demand only 60%.....

as for xplaining to the b-school guys during the interview is concerned, simply tell the truth....believe me, they wont hold it against u if u tell them the truth but if u even try to tell them lies, u wud land urself in deep trouble...these guys r so smart tht they can ctch even the slightest of lies...

ATB to u!!!

I do agree with you.One should not make excuses or lies in his/her interview.Just,what u did say them true and the result will not gone out your way.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

thanks for the valuable suggestion athul , i wud be grateful if expeienced people ( who have had a year skip) could throw valuable suggestions on this ...about what they did to ace the interview ...

thanks and regards
nishant varma

hi ,

i am engg passout , 2005 batch ( electronix ) , but due to a back paper in the final semester ... i cud graduate only on may 2006 , thnx to the univ delays) ...

i wud happy if someone cud also suggest me a good career , ) not in s/w or h/w areas ) which cud help me in mba too just in case i am trying for job right now...are there any cool jobs ?

thanks in advance
nishant

i wud suggest tht u prepare hard for CAT'06 & try to get calls from good b-schools...also, keep trying for a job...not all cos want 65%..i know of many such cos esp in the s/w sector which demand only 60%.....

as for xplaining to the b-school guys during the interview is concerned, simply tell the truth....believe me, they wont hold it against u if u tell them the truth but if u even try to tell them lies, u wud land urself in deep trouble...these guys r so smart tht they can ctch even the slightest of lies...

ATB to u!!!

hi ,

i am engg passout , 2005 batch ( electronix ) , but due to a back paper in the final semester ... i cud graduate only on may 2006 , thnx to the univ delays) ...

i converted a job i'view at satyam but couldnt join since the marks weren't publish back then . i wrote cat 05 at got a decent 93.5 percentile ...

my dilemma is , what wud happen if I convert iim's this time wth a good percentile ... how can i explain my situation to the panel and convince that i am a genuine candidate ? i have not worked for almost a year now and job interviews are not coming ( my percentage is 63) and most companies need 65+ cutoff

effectively that wud be zero workex for 1 and a half years till dec 06 ...

ayone has been in a similar situation ? can some advice me on the situ ?

i wud happy if someone cud also suggest me a good career , ) not in s/w or h/w areas ) which cud help me in mba too just in case i am trying for job right now...are there any cool jobs ?

thanks in advance
nishant