99%le and BLACKI rejects

98 Posts  ·  66 Users
About this group
Do u have a overall %le of 97,99 or 99%le...and ended up with 6 rejects...lets discuss wat can be done....CAT 2007 or...wat else...lets pool our ideas n frustration for the better. MY Profile ~~~~~~ Quant -- 88%le --culprit DI -- 97%le ...
Page 1 of 10

Pranav thanks for a gud post...

see i have gven CAT 2004..got 2 calls IIMC,L...percentile 99.43(as a fresher)..dint convert.....i was shocked but somehow life went on and i planned to gave CAT in 2006 agfter 2 yr work ex..this time i was expecting a score of 145-155..but ended up with 10 in VA(i was expecting 30-35 in VA) and overall 99.2 and hence no calls...i just somehow not able to recover from the shock that i dint got any calls this year...IIM was a dream for me..and it really hurts....and what hurts the most is thaT the out of the world VA keys did me this time.....some how i am pissed with CAT and dont feel like appearing again for CAT 2007...

Hello Friends,

Its been a time since I was following this thread but I wanted the initial euphoria to die down. The reason being that after a certain performance in the CAT all of us expect a call and then not getting them just seem to break our hearts.

Lemme tell you friends that Life is a rollercoaster and you have only one way now --- thats UP!!!

I know its easier said than done but I want each of you to concentrate on these factors now. Many of you I am sure have already thought about it.

1) If Fresher - definitely look for a Job and build your profile. This is a good chance to work with an MNC and know your true potential. FOr all you know working might make you change your mind and even delay your MBA.
Plus students with workexerince get a lot more leeway in the placements at good BSchools. So you also walk out with better profiles and higher salaries.

2) If work ex 1 - 2 years - Guys I know this may not be you first attempt at CAT. So many of you know that it can be done again. As for work, if u DONT like your job, company, boss then simply CHANGE THEM. Take more responsibility in your workplace and one that gets you more exposure.
As in the next 12 months you have ample time to look for a job thta gives you a more managerial role.

3) If workex above 3 yrs- You are really having the ball in your court. Dont worry. Continue to build the base of finances with another year of wrokexperience. Maybe just Maybe if the situtation is right you coud apply for the GMAT and take a test. Generally foregin MBAs are with a work experience in your range and you can definitely earn the advantage of both, switching roles and drawing more.

Also do write back if you have any specific concerns.

Thanks for your time and keep smiling
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hello Friends,

Its been a time since I was following this thread but I wanted the initial euphoria to die down. The reason being that after a certain performance in the CAT all of us expect a call and then not getting them just seem to break our hearts.

Lemme tell you friends that Life is a rollercoaster and you have only one way now --- thats UP!!!

I know its easier said than done but I want each of you to concentrate on these factors now. Many of you I am sure have already thought about it.

1) If Fresher - definitely look for a Job and build your profile. This is a good chance to work with an MNC and know your true potential. FOr all you know working might make you change your mind and even delay your MBA.
Plus students with workexerince get a lot more leeway in the placements at good BSchools. So you also walk out with better profiles and higher salaries.

2) If work ex 1 - 2 years - Guys I know this may not be you first attempt at CAT. So many of you know that it can be done again. As for work, if u DONT like your job, company, boss then simply CHANGE THEM. Take more responsibility in your workplace and one that gets you more exposure.
As in the next 12 months you have ample time to look for a job thta gives you a more managerial role.

3) If workex above 3 yrs- You are really having the ball in your court. Dont worry. Continue to build the base of finances with another year of wrokexperience. Maybe just Maybe if the situtation is right you coud apply for the GMAT and take a test. Generally foregin MBAs are with a work experience in your range and you can definitely earn the advantage of both, switching roles and drawing more.

Also do write back if you have any specific concerns.

Thanks for your time and keep smiling

M one more victim of IIM's lucky draw n rubbish EU keys..

qa 99.31
di 99.62
va/rc 79.9:(:(
total 99.6

well i hoped to get atleast one iim call but alas none was there. not even from iim K 😞

my score is
DI 97.04%tile
EU 95.33 %tile
Quant 93.42%tile
overall 97.96%tile

well i think my hopes for MDI and NITIE are still alive.

kamalaandi Says
my friend told me that IIM B wants atleast 84% in 10th and 88% in 12th......

plz do not speculate ... or post a frnds opinion ...
for the record i have satisfied both those criteria's and dint get a call ..
ya may %iles are not great .. but i have seen ppl with all 3 sectionals lower than mine albeit ... by a very small margin .. and lower overall too .. getting a call from B

Wot ll happen is this speculation will lead to more .. y me .. y not m posts .
i.e. eventually spamming ...

Every agrees tht the criteria is either subjective .. but after mehul's case ..
we can conclude it is in fact the 10th 12th and not to forget bachelor's degree marks
but no1 knows wot those figures are ...
maybe if he can get thru to the admission comittee .. we may know soon

Thanks

I think this thread has to be renamed as 99%ileers who've missed one or more of BLACKI. That way we will have even more 99%ilers rejected from only B,B and L, etc posting on this thread; or will that be redundant?

Got calls frm ACIK
Rejects frm BL
OA : 99.08
QA : 96.82
VA : 96.83
DI : 97.82

X : 85.2
XII : 91.8
B.Tech : 68.7
Work Ex 15 mnths IT major...

Got calls frm ACIK
Rejects frm BL
OA : 99.08
QA : 96.82
VA : 96.83
DI : 97.82

X : 85.2
XII : 91.8
B.Tech : 68.7
Work Ex 15 mnths IT major...

i got 99.02 overall
qa 96.85
va 95.33
di 98.83

Xth 78
XIIth 84
iit b.tech 6.7

work exp 1.5 yrs

didnt get call from L and B:( 😞

Although never thought to be part of this list but unfortunately like all of you I am also here. How 1 Q can change one's life. Who knows If i had got 1 Q right in DI I might have got call from at least 1 IIM for which I dreamt n sweated whole year. Only and only to get into IIMs. The dream I have lived for all these years. Can't believe that now i am not part of the race towards it. This year was my best bet to get into IIMs but simply wretched!

Score Card:
Quant: 99.13
Verbal: 92.96
DI: 86.22 y y y???

Overall : 98.39
3 years work ex.
70% Grads in B.E.

Still No calls yet! Only commiseration calls! 😞 😞 😞

Dont know what to do where to go? Feeling like $.. Neither time nor luck is on my side!